Friday, August 28, 2026

Holy Cow--- A BLOG--- Which seems to be working--Well, you never know---

 Good Morning--I cannot believe it--- typed on "Blogger .Com"---and it opened up--  unbelievable--I read all your comments last night on "Facebook""-- and I wanted to cry--You all are so kind--so good--to even think of my blog--and wonder where I went-but you all did-- I am trying to continue to blog---I am trying to get the computer guy to visit the tiny house here--help sort out what I am doing wrong-why the blog will just not  get out-- Hopefully to-day he will come-So--Here we go--                     I will try --I do miss you all--                     

                                     Lets see if this works--

                            Amazing but all seems OK so far----

                                                So, let's try--  

                           '' Words I wish I had thought of first"--

                            #1.Look on the bright side--every day--

                            #2.Take the bad with the good.

                            #3,The laughter of children makes a home.

                    

                    Above--Son#2-and-- Son#5 with son#4--acting silly---

                above---  Myself--with the guy I married

The computer guy will be here (I hope)--later on today--Lets pray he can sort out- everything--and lets hope you all can comment--I sure have missed you all--Remember to be strong--We must  always be!--                                OK---I hope this works--


The Ladies Group-=-and--I am in the middle-black sweater--out at                                                         Dunlop Lodge





-

111 comments:

  1. Lynda?? Is this you or Matt working on your blog problem?! If you see this, please post that you are ok! Missing you and worried in Ohio! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--FINALLY-=-It seems OK-- Lordy BE--I must give yu all a phone number--I sure missed yu all--AND _-FINALLY_-THIS AM--Blogger.Com opened -=-=Lynda

      Delete
    2. AND THIS AM_-I BLOGGED--a short blog-=-BUT-- I BLOGGED--Lynda

      Delete
    3. I am OK-=-unbelievable that this is workiNg--I must still get the computer guy to come-- Thank yu for writing and waiting it all out--I POSTED A BLOG--Holy COW--Lynda

      Delete
    4. I AM SO HAPPY THAT THIS IS WORKING--FINALLY--- I SURE missed you all--=Never give up I guess--I sorta just quit trying--and was so sad-Yes Andrew called me-- Thank yu all for hanging in--Life was not the same without yu all-Lynda

      Delete
    5. I AM MORE THAN OK--=sdo happy to finally see you all again--Boig hugs--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Lynda's #1 son, Andrew Young, owns the Fireside Classic Grill restaurant. Here's the number if someone wants to call him about Lynda.
    1 705 461-3711

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yu to you all for helping to get this blog on--Lordy Be-- I had to just quit trying as it was so frustrating-- I think I should somehow post my phone number and email==in cAse this happens Again--Lynda

      Delete
  3. If you call him, pkease let us know so we don’t all tie up his phone at once

    ReplyDelete
  4. RD in AZ here 8/29/2026
    just checking worrying and praying
    Quote for the day
    Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
    Robert H. Schuller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I called the restaurant and asked to speak to Andrew and they said he is not typically in on weekends. I said his mother writes a blog and she hasn’t written recently and we were concerned. She said “oh she is fine I saw her yesterday.” I said Lynda and she said yes. So don’t know why Lynda hasn’t written but sounds like she is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for calling. I am so relieved that she's okay. I've no idea what might have happened to her computer affecting her ability to write her blog. It seems it could have been fixed by now.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for calling!That is a relief!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for calling. It's good to know that she is okay!

      Delete
    4. YES--Fina;LlY GOT oNTO TNe BLOG siTE__Lynda

      Delete
  6. I read that things were messed up for a lot of bloggers for a while. Which I had saved that article. I’m relieved to know she’s ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really????? That ,makes sense now-- why I cud never get on--Lynda

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad to hear she is ok. Thank you so much for calling the restaurant. Hope she comes back to blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynda: We all hope you are ok. You have never been this long without blogging. We miss you. Hope to hear from you soon. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda Thank yu-- How cud I post my ;hone number to just all opf yu??--Lynda

      Delete
  9. Thank YOU for calling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started following Linda in 2010 on a site called Spark People. I wish someone would let Linda know that Spark People is back and she can start back blogging thers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I signed back up. I was a Spark People member for many years also. Now I am just trying to acclimate myself to the new site. Slowly but surely.

      Jackie

      Delete
    2. Spark people is back??--Lynda

      Delete
  11. Well it's good to know that she's ok. Thank you for calling and checking on her. I guess we will have to wait until and if she posts something.
    Everyone have a good Sunday!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie-- It was so frustrating for me--Lynda

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for calling the restaurant to find out she is ok! Appreciate it! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. THANK YOU for calling and sharing. I'd sent her a personal e-mail days ago, but no response. Prayers that her computer is up and running again.

    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  14. RD in AZ here 8/30/2026
    thank you for the update
    I miss you Lynda
    Quote for the day
    To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
    Lewis B. Smedes

    ReplyDelete
  15. While it is indeed good news that an employee at Andrew's restaurant actually saw Linda and said she was doing fine, I find it strange that she does not answer her phone. It just goes to voice mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it might be her smartphone number, and a lot of older people don't know how to check their voicemail on their phone. OR, if it's her home number, she doesn't know how to check for voicemail there. If she ever comes back on, we can ask, I guess.

      Or, option 3, it's an old number or a wrong number that she typed in.

      Marti

      Delete
    2. While it is strange that phone calls to her go to voicemail, I think it is even stranger that she has not responded to email and FB posts that I sent to her over a week and a half ago.....all lines of formerly corresponding with her have gone silent. Very troubling!

      Delete
    3. AWw SAndra--I was SO frustrated--that I just stopped going onto the computer--FINALLY__THis AM --Blogger.Com opened--Lynda

      Delete
    4. We discontinued that house pHONE-Lynda

      Delete
  16. RD in AZ here 8/31/2026
    just checking hoping to see a post from you Lynda sure do miss you
    Quote for the day
    God's love is too great to be confined to any one side of a conflict or to any one religion.
    Desmond Tutu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww-- I FINALLY GOT ONTO BLOGGER.COM--Lynda

      Delete
  17. I am fairly certain that by this time the employee at Andrew's restaurant who said she had seen Lynda, would have told Andrew about the inquiry for his Mom. In turn, he would have told his Mom. My question is why she would not write a blog, or at least call someone that she's spoken with on the phone previously? For me, it's cause for worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No--The Blogger site just would not open--This AM I finally did it again--=AND IT OPENED__Lynda

      Delete
  18. It's certainly a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesterday, Sunday, I checked the restaurant's site...it showed "closed" yet the published hours read open on all of the 7 week days...

      Delete
    2. It might have been closed for a reason.

      Delete
    3. Thank yu--For some reason--=all is well-- but--THt Computer guy is going to come-- Lynda

      Delete
  19. Something isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Since we know Andrew does not work weekends maybe we should call back and try to speak to him?? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I don't know Lynda as well as others but follow her blog and share the concern of her absence. Thank you for the information about the restaurant. I just sent a message on their webage contact form so if I hear back, I will share. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. RD in AZ here 9/1/2026
    Still checking still praying I know it sounds like so little but it is all I can do if it is a computer issue or a blog issue please let it get fixed we miss you Lynda
    Quote for the day
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    Helen Keller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FINALLY____--It opened-=- Thank yu --all of yu--Lynda

      Delete
  23. Just wish someone would let us know. If she doesn't want to blog anymore, that's ok, but just no response one way or another, something isn't right. I'm praying that Lynda is really ok, and just taking a sabbatical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty--I cud not get the "BLOGGER.COM' to op[en---= For some silly reason it opened this AM--Lynda

      Delete
  24. RD in AZ here 9/2/2026
    I know that they say Lynda is ok but this is not Lynda she loves to blog and stay in touch I miss you my friend

    Quote for today
    But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, I just spoke with Andrew, and Lynda is fine. In fact, she was in the restaurant with Dave having a meal as I spoke with Andrew. He has no idea why she hasn't blogged, but he was going to talk to her and tell her that dozens of her friends have been worried about her. At least we know she's okay and the rest is up to Lynda.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the update…glad she is fine!! Eissa7

      Delete
    2. Thank you Maureen! Glad to hear she is ok. Now she just needs to blog because we miss her daily posts.

      Jackie

      Delete
    3. Thanks Maureen---- Andrew told me that you all were worried--I was just frustrated as the site would not open--I will still get that Computer guy here to make sure all is well-Lynda

      Delete
  26. Thank you from San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Lynda: We're all still wondering if you have decided not to blog anymore. Please let us know. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wonder if someone said something that hurt her feelings, or something?

    But glad she is okay!

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Marti-- The "BLOGGER"--site would just not open--I do not know why--Lynda

      Delete
  29. There isn’t anything in her last blog to make one think there was anything wrong. She sounded her normal self, and seemed to be in a perky mood.

    ReplyDelete
  30. SO glad Linda's okay. Thank you, Maureen from California, for reaching out to her son and updating us; I know we've all been worried and concerned. Really hope to hear from her again soon... it's funny how the day doesn't seem complete without hearing from our sweet neighbor to the north.
    Jackie D, St. Louis, MO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda... not Linda (darn autocorrect)... lol!
      Jackie D.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the update!Still weird but we know she is ok.

      Delete
    3. Yes! Thank you for taking the time and extra effort to get in touch with her son, Maureen from CA! I tried emailing and contacting her through FB like I had done before....but got no replies....so glad to hear that she is OK and having lunch/dinner/breakfast with her friend Dave. My only concern now is if she is having memory problems....as I watched my mom go through similar things where she could not remember how to do many things........and it took me awhile to realize what was happening to her!

      Delete
    4. I’ve been wondering the same, Sandra. Let’s hope not. Thank you, Maureen.

      Delete
    5. I AM BACK___ LORDY BE!! Lynda

      Delete
  31. I've been thinking the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So happy to learn she is ok. Thank you, to everyone checking in on her. I do hope we do hear from her again 🙏🏼 Carol in FL

    ReplyDelete
  33. RD in AZ here 9/3/2026
    thank you to all that have done all the checking on Lynda so very happy to know that she is ok I miss the blog and I am still hoping it is just a computer issue or a blog spot issue
    Quote for today
    Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
    Soren Kierkegaard

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just read on another group I follow that someone had heard from Lynda and she is okay. Still having computer problems and is having a computer geek come on Friday to try to get the problem(s) fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There may be hope that she may appear soon once it’s fixed. Appreciate the update.

      Delete
    2. I find it very hard to believe that it's a computer issue. Matt, Son #2 recently visited it, and there is no way that Matt would have left prior to her computer issue being taken care of. Is anyone knows how much Lynda enjoys writing blogs and reading replies, it's Matt.

      Delete
    3. Wow what a relief! I am so happy that it is confirmed that she is ok and doing well. Dog gone technology! Hopefully when she gets back we can all tell her how she was missed!

      Delete
    4. Holy cow-=-Its you!!! I cannot believe this might be fixed--I missed you--a lot-- Stay strong--Lynda

      Delete
    5. IT IS WORKING_-LYNDA -So HAPPY--I guess--NEVER GIVE UP!!

      Delete
    6. YAY! So happy you are back! I’ve been worried sick!

      Delete
    7. You should have heard my gasp when I came on here and there you were!! You made my day!! Been checking everyday and praying it was just the computer. You sure are loved and missed!! Welcome back.

      Chris

      Delete
    8. So so happy bo see you all--lets hope the Blogger site keeps working--Lynda

      Delete
    9. I AM BACK__- FINALLY___ HUGS TO YUALL_-I GUESS_-"NEVER EVER GIVE UP"--Lynda

      Delete
    10. Wow Lynda, so so glad to see you blogging again. I sure hope you do get the technology support you need. I hate when something works and it just doesn't. I hope the site opens for you the next time you blog. I wonder if you cache is to the point where you have to empty it and reset your browser. That can cause a site not to open. Anyway I hope you get the technology support you need and I'm sure glad to see you back!

      Delete
  35. Lynda, I began to wonder if I would ever see you blogging again. It's been such a long time. What needs to be fixed? You blogged and you included photos just like before so it seems all is well. You had so many of us worried. I even called Andrew at work to ask about you and he said you were there at the restaurant having a meal with Dave. That was wonderful news. Please don't disappear again because we all get worried. So many of us begin our day reading your blog. Take good care of yourself and happy to see that you have returned.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen I cannot thank yu enough--When Andrew called to ask me if I knew yu--=I finally thought--OK--=There is hope---Yes, I missed "blogging""--=but--the site would not come up on this computer--I do not know why--I was so frustrated-- THis AM, it popped up=-=BLOGGER.COM--just like before---so--guess I am back blogging--trying to get our local Computer guy to come here and see what happened--Thank yu for writing--=and thank yu for not giving up on ,me----SOOoooooo happy!! Lynda

      Delete
    2. Lynda, I've also been following along here hoping that everything was ok with you!! I'm really glad to see you back!! Woo-hoo!!!!

      Delete
  36. Yay!!! SO glad to actually see a blog from you…you were certainly at the center of many friends concerns! You were missed❤️. Eissa7 (Karen)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, so glad to see you back, hopefully for a LONG time! Hope the computer man will fix you up!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So glad to hear from you !! Happy to know you are OK. Glynis from BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yu --all of yu-=- so happy the "blogger site" opened--=a miracle;=Lynda

      Delete
  39. My heart is soooo happy! I couldn't believe my eyes when I typed in your blog site and you were there this morning! It is such a joy to hear from you and to know you are fine!!!! We all really missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandra--I certainly missed yu all--SO so happy to be back--Lynda

      Delete
  40. Hallelujah! A BLOG. Glad you're all right.

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--=So so happy to see YU__Big hugs-Lynda

      Delete
  41. Yay, Lynda! I had a weird feeling when I opened my bookmark for your blog that today you would be there, and there you are! My goodness! My hands felt tied. I am the go to person here for computer problems - and most of the condo community here is more elderly than I, but from here, I just can't help you, need to be there in person! Hope that you can continue to be successful at getting here! Crossing fingers, and toes!

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marti--- I Got on to BLOGGER__FINALLY--Lynda

      Delete
  42. Hi Lynda, I haven't been on for awhile. So nice to say Hello!!! Hiya means how are you!!! Donna_cps2 Lansing IL P. S. We've had tornados here and power failures last month so it's been hectic!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This blog has made my day, for sure, as everyone on here is so very happy to hear from you, Lynda! Thank goodness all is well! Alice, the NP in San Francisco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice---Happy --=so happy to see yu all-Lynda

      Delete
  44. It's Kathy. It is so good to see your face this morning, and read your blog. I have missed you so much, and have worried that you were ill. My life remains the same - still dealing with a leg problem. But I have started acupuncture treatments - twice a week (which is a lot). Hopefully it helps. Daisy is lying here with me keeping me company. I hope the computer guy can help with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, did you have a good visit with your daughter and family?

      Delete
    2. Tat computer guy has not appeared-probably coz it is the weekend-- Lynda-

      Delete
  45. Great to see you back, Lynda, I sure missed you and your blogs! Happy Labour Day, enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs & Love, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GLORIA--Bless yu for being here_ I sure missed ypu all-==Hugs--and more hugs-Lynda

      Delete
  46. RD in AZ here 9/5/2026
    Lynda my friend I am so glad to see this post it would not let me post anything yesterday I have missed your post so much this is a great way to start my day
    Quote for today
    There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
    Alexander the Great


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM BACK+++ SO SO HAppy to read AlL YOUR COMMENTS__Lynda

      Delete
  47. sparkpeople.com/join/@alicia363

    Yay so good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Holy cow! You are responding! I saw on Facebook that you did a new blog. This is old, but it's great to see your comments.

    I trust all is well with you, my friend, and start checking again every morning to see if there is a new blog! {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!