Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Up and at-er-- ready to face the day----Are you??

Good MORNING --It is Tuesday, August 11th--Lopez and I are headng out --so he can do his business--Seems a bit coolish out there-- and one more thiong--Breakfast wth Dave at 9-30am-- and one more thing--the garbage is out on the street--=I hope that this AM that you are all "up and at-er"--feeling strong--ready to face this new day--I shall return--Lynda

83 comments:

  1. RD in AZ here8/11/2026
    Good morning to you my friend have a great visit with Dave I got the garbage out last night but it just goes to a big bim that you have to toss it into I am off and running for the day I am hoping that my staff shows up today I have 1 that just misses way too much work and this makes it so hard for the rest of the team
    Quote for the day
    Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
    Mother Teresa
    have a blessed day stay safe my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up, but definitely not "at 'er." And it's going to be a very rainy day today. Lots of storms have been happening.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving slow here today. I worked outside on Sunday in the heat trimming bushes and trees. I guess I overdid it as yesterday I had a terrible headache and my legs felt like rubber.....jittery? At any rate, turns out I was dehydrated and so yesterday I spent the day resting and drinking water and water with electrolytes in it. Headache is gone and legs feel stronger today! But it is still extremely hot here with dangerous heat indexes so I guess I will not work outside today either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Lynda! It was stormy all night in Ohio. More rain and storms tonight. Enjoy your breakfast with Dave. My sister and her husband from Virginia are here. They leave in the morning. We are having a great time. We went for ice cream. We had lemon ice cream with blackberry sauce and lemon pound cake with whipped cream. I thought of you. Have a terrific Tuesday! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Lynda,
    I am up and at it on this Tuesday. We are expecting severe thunderstorms with potential flooding in our area today. A chance late this morning and afternoon but better chance this evening. It's really hot and humid out, 87F and no sun. I have to go out today so I am hoping it holds off till I get back this afternoon. I just hope we don't lose power. Crossing my fingers.
    Hope you have a nice breakfast with Dave. And a lovely rest of your day!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, I was happy to see that you had posted, and it sounds as if you are doing well. Having breakfast with Dave will be a nice change of pace. Another hot day, but a wee bit cooler than it has been.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to check in! HUGS and blessings

    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you here! That computer guy is just as flummoxed as all of us, can’t help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda
    I have to hunt around to find your notes as they stopped coming through on my Facebook. So search for you I must.
    Enjoy breakfast with Dave.
    Sounds like all is well with you.
    So HOT In St.Louis. 95 F this afternoon.
    Take care, be safe
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  10. RD in AZ here 8/12/2026
    off I go to another insane day at work they fired one person and did a hard write up on another it has been crazy I had admin ask why I am not getting my work done and I had to prove to them that it is not possible for me to do it when I do not have the staff to do the must do parts we will see if it worked I did hhave the backing of 3 people above me

    Quote for today
    Don't wait. The time will never be just right.
    Napoleon Hill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynda, it's Kathy. I forgot to check for blogs yesterday. So I'm checking in today. I hope your breakfast with Dave was enjoyable, as I'm sure it was. It is finally cooling down here as well. Mornings especially - the A/C needs to go on about noonish, so pretty soon. Daisy has rediscovered the A/C vent behind the couch so many days she disappears back there to lay where it's cool. Hope today is a good day for you - I'll check blogs next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. RD in AZ here 8/13/2026
    just a quote today
    God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.
    Francis Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  13. RD in AZ here 8/14/2026
    I am getting a bit worried here it has been 3 days and no post are you ok is it blogger issues again
    quote for the day
    The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynda, you have disappeared again.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hoping everything is ok with you and the unhappy computer…..

    ReplyDelete
  16. RD in AZ here 8/15/2026
    I hope all is well we miss hearing from you
    I will keep checking on here
    quote for today
    The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in Paris on a street called rue Paul Valery in the 16th arrondissement!

      Delete
  17. Lynda, I miss seeing you and seeing your pictures. Can one of your sons help you with that? I just celebrated my 91st birthday! Imagine that! I've slowed down some but I keep on going! Hope to hear from you.
    All the best,
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynda,
    I hope all is well. You and your blog have been missed. I will keep checking daily to see if you have posted anything new.
    Sending Hugs!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. RD in AZ here 8/16/2026
    I keep checking for your Blog
    Praying that all is well
    quote for today
    It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

    ReplyDelete
  20. RD in AZ here 8/17/2026
    Still checking on you
    a quote for today
    Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
    Saint Augustine

    ReplyDelete
  21. I keep checking every day to see if you're here.
    Hope you're doing well. 😊
    Jackie D.

    ReplyDelete
  22. RD in AZ 8/18/2026
    praying that all is good with you and that it is just a blogger issue
    quote for today
    The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
    Eldridge Cleaver

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's Marti, checking in. This time I'm not going to worry, and just assume it's a blogging issue. But, thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. RD in AZ here 8/19/2026
    Just checking in and leaving a quote for today

    If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
    John Wooden

    ReplyDelete
  25. If you can still read these: a bunch of old sparkers are now on Sparkpeople and a lady named Be_the_Change is talking about starting back up the 10 week Challenges, if you are interested. Or if anyone just wants to get back on there. It was a lifesaver for me.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking about SparkPeople the other day. I really miss that website and all the lovely people I met on there. I will have to check it out.

      Jackie

      Delete
    2. P.S., Since it's all new from the ground up, you do have to get on a waitlist, I believe, though SparkGuy may have changed that. If you remember your old Spark name, you may be able to just login. At the time, I had to get on the waitlist and it was just a few hours before I was allowed on. It can be a bit confusing at first, but I'm especially loving the AI SparkCoach.

      Marti

      Delete
    3. Thanks Marti for alerting me to Sparkpeople starting back up. I did sign back up and was accepted. I hope it's similar to what it used to be. I tried the Spark 360? Spark guy started after shutting down Sparkpeople but I just didn't really care for it. I am planning on keeping my original username, which is livinhealthy9.

      Delete
    4. I will look for you and add you. :)

      Marti

      Delete
  26. RD in AZ here 8/20/2026
    still just checking
    Quote for today
    The sky is the part of creation in which nature has done for the sake of pleasing man.
    John Ruskin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Did she go to Facebook? I am not on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a Facebook account, but I see that it is just the posts that were from this blog.

      Delete
    2. Oh, it is Marti that typed the above. LOL

      Delete
  28. Lynda, I'm guessing you haven't been reading any of these comments, or you would have responded. Hopefully it's because of a computer program. Several weeks ago you mentioned that Matt would be visiting at the end of the month. We're reaching that point, so if we don't here from you soon, we'll know something is wrong with you. I pray that's not the reason for your silence.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same, Maureen. I hope that Matt can help. After that, perhaps someone will want to try to call her or possibly get in touch with her family somehow, though that might be too intrusive. In any case, it feels very unsettling.

      Marti

      Delete
    2. I am worried as well. I wish someone would be able to get a hold of her to let us know what, if anything, is going on. I hope she knows we care and are concerned.

      Jackie

      Delete
    3. I sent her a message on Facebook yesterday but haven't received a response. I, too, am a bit worried.

      Kathy

      Delete
    4. I tried calling her, but it went to voicemail.

      Delete
    5. would it be proper to contact the son that owns the
      restaurant in town. everybody is concerned.

      Delete
    6. i think so. but i think wait until matt has been there (in case it's still just a computer issue). Like, maybe first of September?

      (My two cents).

      Marti

      Delete
  29. How would you do that? I don't know the name of his restaurant, but if you can find his number, go for it. Too much time has passed with no word from her.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just checking in to see if anyone knows anything new. I will keep checking daily.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  31. RD in AZ here 8-23-2026
    just checking praying that all is well
    Quote for the day
    There is but one cause of human failure. And that is man's lack of faith in his true Self.
    William James

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just checking what happened to Lynda, I keep checking but no Lynda. Hope all is well with her.

    ReplyDelete
  33. RD in AZ here 8/24/2026
    still checking praying and hoping for an update

    Quote for today
    Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.
    Saint Francis de Sales

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't usually post here, but I read Lynda's blog everyday-have for years. I. am concerned and pray all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  35. RD in AZ here 8-25-2026
    still checking very worried about you Lynda praying that all is well
    quote for today
    Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.
    Voltaire

    ReplyDelete
  36. I sent her an email. Nothing yet.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you, Marti!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Morning All,
    I don't know what to think. I am worried but I don't know how we are going to find out anything unless someone is able to connect with her or she reaches out. I just hope everything is ok.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm guessing that she has not read any of these inquiries or expressions of concern because she definitely would have responded. She loves hearing from all of us. By now Matt has probably arrived for his visit, so if it's a computer problem, he'll see that it gets fixed. If something has happened to Lynda, we may never know, which of course saddens me at the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yikes. Just checking in to see what's new with Lynda only to see she hasn't been blogging. She cares so much about staying connected to this community and would find a way to communicate no matter what. With tech-savvy grandkids in the area as well as three sons, I would think that she wouldn't have to rely on a visit from Son #2 to handle any tech issues. Her son Andrew's restaurant is the Fireside Grill in Elliott Lake, but as others have commented above, when is it appropriate to reach out as concerned online family, and when is it intrusive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, my late husband and I used to play on a large online community called Second Life, and he had his friend he always talked to, and I had friends that I hung with. When he passed, I did go online and tell that person that he had passed so that they would not have to worry about where he was. The person truly appreciated it. Maybe that will happen down the line. Or, after quite some time has passed, I think reaching out to Andrew wouldn't be all that inappropriate. As for when, I do not know. Certainly, after we know Matt should have come and gone. I wouldn't go so far as to say we should be looking for obituaries yet, or ever, as she may have become some other form of incapacitated, but it's certainly a thought.

      Hopefully whoever we contact, or not, knows that we care and do not mean to be intrusive. I believe they all know that she writes a blog.

      Marti

      Delete
    2. I tried calling,texting and E mailing Lynda.The phone just had a busy signal.No response to the text or e mail.

      Delete
  41. RD in AZ here 8/26/2026
    I am so worried and Praying that all is well
    Quote for the day
    Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
    Khalil Gibran

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just checking for any new information. :-(

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hoping to hear from Lynda soon! I'm still praying for her! Wish we would have some kind news.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I don’t remember her last name, to look her up! Sorry for her, hope she is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I've been worried about her also and wish I knew of a way to contact her or one of her sons. I'd say that if anyone has that kind of info, please do try to contact Lynda. It's been way, way too long since she has posted a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried calling her phone and it just goes to voice mail. Someone previously posted that they sent an email and a text, but there's been no response.

      Delete
  46. RD in AZ here8/27/2026
    Just checking very worried about you Lynda
    sending prayers that all is well
    something to make you Laugh
    quote of the that
    Man was made at the end of the week's work, when God was tired.
    Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete
  47. It's been over 2 weeks since she has posted. I sure hope nothing has happened but I am really concerned.
    I guess we (her online friends) will keep communicating with each other through this blog post.
    Everyone have a good day.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or everyone who is on here join or rejoin Sparkpeople, if you haven't. I'm assuming that most of us, if not all of us, are originally from there, unless they are personal friends of Lynda.

      Marti

      Delete
    2. Those who are on Sparkpeople, let me know your usernames there and I will add you. I am msmarti58

      Marti

      Delete
    3. Good idea, Marti.
      By the way, what do you think of the new version of Spark People?
      For me, it's going to take a while. I really liked the way the old version was set up. And since it's been so long, I track my stats elsewhere. I will probably check in daily, but I don't know about going full in on it. Although, I do miss all the groups and Spark friends I met there.

      Jackie

      Delete
    4. A lady I know from there is working on setting up the old 10 week team challenges. She said they'd be ready today!

      Marti

      Delete
    5. And p.s., it's been so long I can't remember what it used to be like, lol

      Marti

      Delete
  48. RD in AZ here 8/28/2026
    just checking for anything from Lynda or about her
    sending prayers that all is well
    quote for today
    When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.

    William Arthur Ward

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is very concerning. Lynda where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  50. I cannot remember her last name, to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lynda's last name is Young. I don't see any recent news when I do a search for Elliott Lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no obituary either when I looked.

      Delete
  52. I sent her a message on Facebook about a week ago and got a response from Gloria Taylor (New Jersey) saying "Thank you for your friendship". I have been on the new SparkPeople for about 3 weeks now and am liking it better each day. It's a bit overwhelming with all that's there but it gets easier as you work with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you saying you sent a Facebook message to Lynda, but someone named Gloria Taylor from New Jersay responded? That's beyond weird. Maybe ask her if she knows Lynda.

      Delete
    2. What is your name on there and I will add you.

      Marti

      Delete
  53. RD in AZ here 8/29/2026
    just checking worrying and praying
    Quote for the day
    Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
    Robert H. Schuller

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi, all. My name is Beth Gilligan. I have also followed Lynda since Spark . I can’t stand not knowing where she is. Somebody posted her son’s name and the name of his restaurant earlier. I just sent an email to the restaurant about Lynda (not brave enough to call). If I don’t get a response in the next day or two, I will give him a call. Of course, as soon as I hear anything I will post it here.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hi Beth,
    If you look, someone posted an blog? after this one. It just says NO Title. Anyway, in that post someone said they called the restaurant and spoke with someone there (not her son) and they said that Lynda had been in the restaurant the day before. So not sure what to think.
    I wish she would post something so we would know what's going on.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jackie. It was not a post but a comment which I can’t find now. Anyway, I googled the restaurant and sent a message to Matt explaining who I am and asking for info. I told him we’re very concerned. This is definitely not typical behavior. I hope he responds!

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!