Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Be the Very Best of YOU!


 It is Tuesday, October the 6th--dark outside--was minus 2C outside, over night.--COLD!!!! I am late getting up--did not want to climb out of that warm bed!--I had to wake up Lopez--Sushi still in bed--lucky her!---  The wash is ready to throw into the dryer--and, it is garbage day-so that must be dragged to the road--with the recyclables--"containers" this week--As Mom used to say, "A woman's work is never done."---

                            so--"Words I wish I had written.

#1.Without health, no-one is rich.

#2.Reach down and lift people up.

#3.When in doubt. do nothing.

#4.Spoil your partner, not your children.

#5.Do not let the sun go down on a quarrel.

                            and--Blasts from the Past.

                above-- These children look pretty happy!-cousins

                    cousins---Looks like, Santa Claus came to town--

        Oh my goodness!--I think it is all of us in the picture below

Andrew is missing in the picture below--Son#2, Fred ,Son#3 and                                                                     Son#4

                Cousins below-- posing for the camera


Well enough-- So, how are you all?--a new day-- It is not snowing--"YET"--We are alive--I found out one can have "Macular"---in our eyes and still see--Life is good!   -'specially if we are strong--and try really  hard to be that way--So, "be thankful for small mercies!"--Mom used to say that--

Now, hug each of your children--Tell them how special they are--  Talk to the dog -even the cat--and love your husband to the moon and back--We are alive!-- Oh-h-hh--hh--Big hugs to you --everyone of you!






































25 comments:

  1. Morning Lynda,
    Yikes! It's cold there. We are about 43F but supposed to reach 70F today.
    I have noticed it's later for the sun to come up and soon enough it will be dark by 6pm. I am so not looking forward to that.
    Our garbage day is today as well. We always pull ours to end of the driveway the night before as we never know when they are going to come. Sometimes it's 6am and other times it's 9am.

    Well I hope you have a terrific Tuesday! And stay warm!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda,
      I forgot to ask, did you find out any more information from the eye specialist yesterday?

      Jackie

      Delete
    2. Jackie your weather sounds like here--I do see FROST on the rood of the apartment building near here--Yikes eh??--Lynda

      Delete
    3. sunny bui pretty cold--Lynda

      Delete
    4. Yes It was a very good day--just have to accept the cold air--LOL--(which I hate!)-=Yes I had to drag the pail out to he road early this AM--There are animals at night--i just took Lopez out for his last walk for the day--and he FINALLY pooped--LOL=LyndA

      Delete
    5. very cold wind out side-=Lynda

      Delete
  2. Happy Tuesday, Lynda! It’s 40 degrees in Ohio right now! Brrr! Yes, a woman’s work is never done, for sure! I say that a lot. If in doubt, do nothing. That is exactly what I do and then there are no regrets. I am so proud of you for making it through yesterday. Lord love a duck, you can do really hard things! I am happy that day is done! Good for you! Enjoy today, you need it! So proud of your strength. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww--but--I did not like being poked in the eye-- but I do like Dr Kent--Lynda

      Delete
    2. cold cold cold to-day-=-Lynda

      Delete
  3. RD in AZ here 10-6-2026
    that wee tiny bit of news about being able to have Macular and still see this was good news to me
    Stay warm and Stay safe
    Quote for today
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary
    Bug hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great quote--I LOVE your quotes-- Thank yu--LyndA

      Delete
  4. no--The treatment wasn't fun, but necessary coz we have to "
    see"--LOL--Lynda--good quote--Thank yu-- Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. cold cold cold--outside Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. PHOENIX1949

    I used to have a postcard on my refrigerator that read: "We spend our health obtaining wealth, then spend our wealth seeking our health."

    Susan, Central TX, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! When I went for PT, it was $40 a pop.

      Marti

      Delete
    2. Funny but true isn't it?--Lynda

      Delete
  7. Oh Lynda, such happy news that you like Dr Kent and that with the shot in the eye you'll continue to be able to see well. You had such a long day yesterday, but it was worth it. Your area is getting colder and colder while my area continues to be hot. Last night's temp was 75 and today it will be 102 degrees. California never had temps like this in October. I hope it ends soon. Maybe you'll meet up with Dave today to have a meal and celebrate your good news.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meet Dave to-morrow--Breakfast--I just walked Lopez--then hoofed it to Andrew's restaurant but I cannot eat ,much--brought it home for lunch--Lynda--Yu have it really hot there--so nice--Lynda

      Delete
  8. Good morning, sis! All I have locally is my cat to hug...he doesn't like it. He's okay, though, with me petting him when he's on my lap, next to me when I'm on the keyboard....and I like to kiss the bridge of his little nose.

    It's sunny here today and will reach 79F!!!!

    All your family are so precious in your photos...cousins, too bad one son is missing...no docks or dogs today.

    Yes, I see fine, too. My appointment is on November 12. I believe I get my eyes dialated then. Hard to drive afterwards even with 2 pair of sunglasses...their little disposables and my wrap around aviator ones.

    Floors for me again today, making Lucky's appointment for a check up, too. I know he's overweight (gosh, I wish I had room for one of those cat 'hamster wheels !) , hopefully the rest of him is fine.

    On to the day, Lynda. Maybe I'll give my family Facebook love! {{{HUGS}}} Love Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Maggie--Everyday is so busy doncha find??Your cat sounds cute-- -Hugs to yu-Lynda

      Delete
  9. Not much news on how the appt went, but I gather they gave you a shot in the eye? That is what I assumed they would do, because it is what they have done with my cousin. She's had macular for a long time and sees fine, so no worries!

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marti yes,,a shot in ,my left eye--It sorta hurt-- but, I will do anything --go thru anything, to keep my sight---I guess my left eye is worse than the rt one-My poor Mom--never had any medical procedure then for her Macular---She went completely blind--Always good to hear from yu--Lotza love--Lynda

      Delete
    2. and it is cold outside--Lynda

      Delete
  10. HUGS to you, for sure! Glad that you got some positive news about the macular. Hang in there! LOVE the photos, they are always so special!

    hugs and blessings
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's Kathy. I've had quite a busy day today and I'm not even sure why. We did have a very warm day which was a nice surprise. It's suppose to be nice all week. Daisy even enjoyed going outside this afternoon and checking on things. I love #3 - when in doubt, do nothing. And loved all the photos. It's fun to see so many smiling faces.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!