Sunday, October 4, 2026

Good Morning Beautiful!

It is Sunday, October the 4th--my Dad's Birthday-dark as "the ace of spades" outside---(Mom's expression)_The heat is turned up--the windows closed--and I am going back up go bed! --Lord love a Duck--Lopez , and Sushi are still asleep upstairs and I am going back up there also--and crawl into  that warm bed--for now--Remember -----
                            I see we have rain--(I am up again!)
-  kinda cool also-The  wash is in the dryer--Son #2 is now en route from Britain--returning to Toronto--just called me--
                           
                     So---Words I wish I had written--
#1.Remember that children do not think like Adults.
#2.Create an unhurried morning routine.
#3. A big head means a big headache.
#4.You can feel lonely even if you are not alone.

                            Below--Blasts from the past
                            Grand kids acting silly--below
                                            Son#2 and wife 
                                Allison's 2 children-below
                                    

                Son#2 doing something--  Gerrard , his dog  in front--

        Below--our famous kitchen-Fred and I, plus hungry kids


                                        Son #1and Son#2
Time to get on with this day--Remember to be kind to the unkind--  Hug your children ---Tell them they are wonderful people--and talk to those pets of yours--just because they cannot talk back, does not mean that they are  not taking the greatest care of you all--They love you to the Moon--and, even back--and---Do not think that there are no crocodiles because the water is calm--and do enjoy the life you are given--- oh---and----                    BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL__






























 

21 comments:

  1. Morning Lynda,
    Cold, Dark and Rainy sounds like it's a good reason to go back to a warm bed. Sushi and Lopez had the right idea. I would too.
    I did sleep in today and that was nice. I never get enough sleep during the week.
    Hubby worked on washing all the outside windows yesterday. It's easier for him since he's tall and he uses a window washing pole for the second floor. I was working on chores inside. Maybe next weekend we can get the inside windows done. It's always something that needs done.

    Glad to hear Matt is winging his way back from the UK.
    Sweet family pictures as always.

    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie--heading over to Shoppers to hopefully get a Flu shot and a covid booster--had the RSV--Lynda

      Delete
    2. quite cool here to-day but sunny--Dave has the flu--Lynda

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I'm all caught up on my shots! I see that it's much cooler where you are. Here, it was 73 today, just a wonderful, sunny day. I went out to lunch with my neighbor Mary. She's 88. Then I did errands, it's my errand day!

      Marti

      Delete
  2. Good morning, sis. It's bright and beautiful here today...but cold! Just in the 40sF. It will get much colder, but I am not ready for it. The boilers for our hot water baseboard heat are not fired up yet. I am sitting here in a sweatsuit with a hat on my head to keep my body heat where I want it...inside!

    I would have liked to stay in bed this morning, too, but Lucky insisted I get up. It will be a nap day for sure.

    Love the blasts. I can see the resemblance in your sons. Love the birthday celebration, the dock and hungry family at your house! The words of wisdom are always welcomed, too.

    I must wash sheets and my lightweight summer blanket today. Yesterday I purchased a new comforter as my old one finally wore out. It was 15!

    Better get in the laundry room before anyone else does! Oh, and my eye check up is November 12. Be back later, Lynda, let's enjoy our day! {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a heater you can turn on until they get the heat on?

      Marti

      Delete
    2. Hard as always to get out of that warm bed--Happy yu are gettng your eyes checked up also--Lynda

      Delete
    3. RSV--Covid booster and covid booster-_Seems lotza people have the flu around here-Lynda

      Delete
    4. Marti, I do not have a heater. Too much $ on the electric bill. I do have lots of warm things to wear, though. Lynda, I do plan to get my flu shot this week. My kids expect it.

      Delete
  3. Good Sunday morning, Lynda! So good to see the smiling faces in the photos and know that you, and Sushi and Lopez are snugly taking those extra dark-morning moments of rest before starting the day. Safe travels to Son #2, and happy birthday in heaven to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww nice wishing Dad Happy Birthday--I know he says thank yu--Lynda

      Delete
    2. cold here to-day-=-windy too-Lynd

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynda, it's Kathy. We're having a pretty nice day today and they tell us it will be like this most of this week. So a good day to get some outside work done before the snow comes. I can't believe how fast September went by - and now it's October. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your dad. I wanted to get back into bed today, it was so warm and cozy, but I also wanted to go to church! So I'm up, dressed, had breakfast and now just checking in. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice of you to "check in"----And--Dad says thank yu--He heard you!--LOL=--Lynda

      Delete
  5. RD in AZ here 10-4-2026
    Great photos as always it always shows how much fun the family has together very wise words today so glad that your son is on his way back from the UK it is a very happy heavenly birthday for your dad

    Quote for today
    No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
    Robin Williams
    have a wonderful day make it the very best day ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yu--Dad too says thank yu--Great quote--I like it!--Lynda

      Delete
    2. Cold here to-day--windy too-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Happy Sunday, Lynda! Our favorite day! Happy birthday in heaven for your dad. It is high 60’s and sunny in Ohio. I’m glad Matt is heading back home. I bet he had a nice visit. I am so glad you went back to bed. I’m sure you needed that. I hope your day is lovely! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your day is going well also--Dad appreciates your wishes-- I know he does!--Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynda, I hope your day is going well. Wonderful family photos. I wanted you to know that I've been praying for you and will continue to do so. You're eye appt is tomorrow in Sudbury. Hopefully the news will be encouraging.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
  9. No shots for me Lynda, yikes! You know it takes a miracle for me to get mandatory labs with a butterfly needle and I put that off as long as possible. No labs last year. None yet this year. Will see. A Cleveland Clinic doctor told me if no problems every 5 years is plenty!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!