Saturday, October 3, 2026

It's a good day to have a good day.

Good Morning--  To-day is Saturday, October 3rd--dark outside--and feels cold-- inside --My phone says 2  degrees outside, right now--COLD!--I have the wee heater turned up--  Lopez and I are down here--Sushi buried under the covers,  upstairs in my big bed--I must get the washer going--

Son#2 is in Britain  --landed in the night, so must be sleeping now---He enjoys going there as he visits his wife's brother who lives there.

                        So, words I wish I had written--

#1.Ask your heart what actions to take.

#2.Nothing worth having can be purchased.

#3.Do not let the sun go down on a quarrel.

#4.If you think about it too much, you will never do it.

#5.Life is what we make it.

                        and--Blasts from the past--

                                        Fred with Son#2--

                            an airport somewhere  in Canada

                                                Sushi

                                            and--"Me"

                                    Cousins on the stairs

                                a pile of people on the dock

                                Must be Ava's Birthday
So, are you happy this morning?--We used to say, "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands--"--Music is good for you whether you are happy or sad--Our prime purpose in life is to help others--Live so that your children know you are fair, caring and full of integrity---and bestow so much love upon each one, plus your pets--We only go thru this life once , and  so we must do it right the first time--- Lordy be, it takes great strength, doesn't it, to  be happy and keep our family happy also.

                Have a great day----make it a great day!-oh-----and---

                                        Big hugs to you all!



























     





















 

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning!
    Glad we haven't had to turn on the furnace yet. I don't blame Sushi for wanting to curl up and stay under the covers. It's cool here, going to make it to 70F, but sunny.
    That's nice that Matt has someone to visit while in the UK. So neat that he gets to visit so many places being a pilot.

    Not too much on my schedule for today and I am ok with that. I have one chore to do and then I hope to chill out for the rest of the day.

    Enjoyed the pictures and your words of wisdom.

    Have a super Saturday!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Lynda, I hope you are doing well. Great photo of Matt and Fred. You're right, there were a lot of family members on the deck, all seeming to be having a good time. Another hot day with the forecast showing 105 degrees today and an overnight temp of 77 degrees. It's beginning to feel like a desert community. Enjoy your day, Lynda, in whatever you have planned.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, sis!

    It's almost afternoon here. Had to take 'Becca on her rounds. It feels good to help someone else. You are making 2 people happy when you do that. Not even room for dogs!

    Lucky wants to go back to bed already, but I will try for a play session first. He really needs more exersize like a cat hamster wheel. They sell them on Amazon, but I don't have

    It's mostly sunny here. Not really cold yet, but it's just 602F.

    The blasts are great as always. That dock must be super well built to hold that many people!

    The photo with Himself and your son and the birthday for Ava...all are wonderful. I may have missed one...but Lucky is beside me waiting...

    Garbage/recyclables need to go out, too. And the bed...

    I'll com back later, Lynda. Let's have a happy day by thinking happy thoughts and thoughts about what we love. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Kathy. We turned our heat on this morning. It was 67 in the house and that is just not warm enough. It went off a couple of time until the house warmed up a bit, now it's not running anymore. I want to use it as little as possible to keep the bill reasonable. I love that photo of Son #2 and Himself - such a nice memory for you. And all the people on the deck - so fun to have family close by! I hope you have a really great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RD in AZ here 10-3-2026
    I woke up with an ear ache and a headache so I took care of the ear took a headache pill and went back to bed it is cool here but not enough for the heater yet
    those pictures are awesome
    that airport looks hugh
    Quote for today
    Love is when you don't have to be with another person to touch their heart!
    Torquato Tasso
    have an amazing day

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!