Thursday, October 1, 2026

Stay Strong!




 Good rainy morning--  still a bit dark outside--  and I see rain falling--Lopez and I are up--in fact-- downstairs here--and guess what?-- To-day is Thursday, October the 1st--a brand new month!-It os still darkish outside--misty--  wet--and I think I see rain falling--Lucky Sushi, still upstairs on my bed---
There! That is exactly what it looks like!--WET!!
So, I have bad news-- --well, it could be worse --so, it is not SOOooo
bad--but--  sad news I guess---  I'll tell you really fast--You know my Mom had "Macular Degeneration-"-died when she was blind--blind blind---and------yesterday, I found out---  I HAVE IT TOO!--I was told a year ago, at an Optician--that I had it--but--I NEVER BELIEVED THEM--so did absolutely nothing about it--a year ago that was--a whole year ago--It has not affected my vision--yet------but will--in time--like soon, I suspect!--So, on the 5th, (soon)--I am off to Sudbury to see Dr Kent, and they will do whatever they have to do-- Andrew's wife's Dad is going to drive me--Lord love a Duck eh??-I kinda knew this was going to happen--could feel in my bones--
Anyway , life must go on--  so---

Words I wish I had written--
#1.Hope can be the best medicine
        #2.The best advice is, do not give up.
            #3.You can be happy if you want to be.
                            #4. Even if you do something ridiculous, outrageous, or stupid, do it with enthusiasm

and--Blasts from the Past Below--
Cousins--

above--  We always had 2 Shepherds-

Such a sweet Charlee
Lolling on the dock--below


Below--Dock Fun!
Time to get off of here--Lopez must go out--in the rain--must meet Dave at 9-30am--Remember to love your family --hug your children-- talk to your Pets and love them to the moon and back--All our dreams can come rue if we have the courage to pursue them.












































9 comments:

  1. RD in AZ here 10/1/2026
    I hope that they can help your eyes and keep them stable
    enjoy your meal with Dave
    wise words that were spoken by others
    all the fun on the docks I am sure that the dogs loved it also
    Quote for today
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    Helen Keller
    Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as usual-==great quote== rain here -=-Lynda

      Delete
    2. Eyes OK so far--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Good morning, sis.

    The photo you took of the rain...there's a lamp shade reflecting...looks like it's in the middle of the tree trunk...funny!

    Charlee is adorable in her party dress. The group photos show cousins and other relatives enjoying each other on your lovely property. The shepherds could be Beau and Tess. Those are the ones I remember from your blogs.

    It's mostly cloudy here, a high in the mid 60s, cloudy but no rain.

    I have my yearly redermination today to see if I still qualify for subsidized housing or if I will have to pay full price...or move.

    Honey, remember...there are better treatments for macular degeneration now. It will be interesting to see what the doctor says. Just cuz your mom went bling, doesn't mean you will do the same! Stay happy and positive as much as you can.

    You will enjoy your breakfast with Dave. And we do have those pets to love on.

    Better email the boss (apt manager) now to see when she wants me to come to her office. Back later, Lynda...enjoy your day! {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do yu qualify Maggie?-==For the cheaper rate??=--I hope so--Lynda

      Delete
    2. rain here alllllll day--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Good morning Lynda, I'm thinking about what you've written and a couple of things come to mind. Even though you were told a year ago that you had it, it must not have changed your sight very much because you can still see well enough to use your computer. When you renewed your driver's license, didn't they give you an eye test? If they did, you could see well enough to pass it. I know it's worrisome, but it was ages since your Mom had it and medical advances happen all of the time. So just take things one day at a time and then deal with what the doctor says on the 5th. In the meantime, enjoy your meal with Dave.Your backyard looks nice.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maureen--Yes there are newer ways nowadays to deal with Macular--worries me tho--L:ynda

      Delete
    2. and it is a rainy day--:Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!