Friday, September 11, 2026

Blogging with a pain in the neck--

Yesterday, I bent over to pick up Lopez , and  a sharp pain went thru my shoulders -and--I still have it--across my back---- I called all the kids (6am)--only Son#2 responded--(Bless his heart!)---just now in fact--"I just have to deal with it" (He says)---It is better than last night--but is still there--Not much use going to Emerg. as I would be there  till "Kingdom Come"----(My Mom's expression!)--  so--if I hold  my head straight, maybe it will not be so painful.----Why oh why did this have to happen?--And to-day is "breakfast with Dave" day, at the Fireside.

Anyway it  is what it is---No use going to Emerg., either , There comes a time in everyone's life when the only person you find, is yourself--as I would be there till the earth freezes over--in Emerg . I mean----so, we may as well carry on and hope for the best--So--

                            Words I wish I had written--

#1. Small people do small things-

#2.There comes an age in everyone's life, when the only person you             find is yourself--(No guff eh?)

#3. Hope is the best defence for old age.

#4. Chase happiness.

                                Blasts from the past--
 

Cousins -eating together-below



Again--Cousins--having lunch at Grammas


above---  the whole family

The guy that I married--

WELL, I am still alive here--must carry on--maybe turn off the AC--Seems cold in here-Remember to stay strong--everyday--It is easy to live a bad life--which we do not want--Yu really are stronger than you think--that no-one is ever really normal--just try your best---Don't be discouraged by your mistakes----so, get off of here--get on with your day and try  to be happy--Hug your pets---  They are trying their best also---OH-----
and-big hugs to you!


































9 comments:

  1. RD in AZ here 9/11/2026

    Oh no I hope it is just a slight pull and strain that will soon pass
    today is a day of remembrance for me as it is for many others all over the world the day they flew planes into the towers the loss of so many lives
    Quote for the day
    Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
    Khalil Gibran
    have a wonderful day take care of yourself you may be the only one who will take care of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend ice, if you can reach to there, and some Advil.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Lynda, as mentioned above, today is a solemn day in the United States when terrorists took over planes and crashed into the World Trade Center. Almost 3,000 people died on that day. There was another crash in Pennsylvania where the passengers were able to overcome the hijackers who intended to crash the plant into our Nation's Capital. It was Flight 93.

    Sorry to hear about your neck. I'm also dealing with a pain at the back of my neck, which made sleeping difficult last night. Using ice is a good suggestion. If you don't have an ice pack, try using a bag of frozen peas or corn.

    I hope you can enjoy your meal with Dave. All of the photos you shared were great.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, sis.

    So sorry about your new pain...I have had therapy for that pain in neck and shoulders. Do lots of 'shrugging' you shoulders, do circles both ways with your head...it will get better, but it may take awhile.
    Don't let it ruin your meal with Dave!

    Love all the cousins! The kids are so wonderful. And Himslf!

    Mostly sunny here and due to be 83F. At least it seems that the 90s are gone. We're rarely completly happy with the weather, are we?

    The birthday party yesterday went well, but I didn't go. I gave Terry my gift beforehand, loved on her and took a nap. The Crohns has been in a state of flare (running to the toilet numerous times in a day), but I believe it's almost over.

    Yes, it's ourselves we have to trust...our intuition. The kids are a help, of course, but we need to go with decisions that feel right to ourselves

    Back later, sis. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the comment that didn't post yesterday. I found that out at the end of the night when I came back to check comments:

    Good morning, sis.

    It's 67F now and sunny. The temp is due to rise to 80F.

    Love your blasts...expecially the dogs and Charlee with her little people! And Hanna's jeans? Wow!

    You have a hair day...I'll be needing one soon, too.

    I need go go to the bank and get ready for the birthday party for my 90 y/o next door neighbor. She loves Mickey Mouse. I got her one of those shirts a month ago and wouldn't let her pay. Today I am giving her a Minnie Mouse shirt in a different color.

    Back later, dear. Have a great day (Oh, Lucky is laying here next to me. I have been petting him on and off for over an hour. A couple kisses, too.) {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I feel for you Lynda. I've done that many a time. Best thing I found that works for me is that I take 3 Aleve to reduce swelling and relax the muscle, and then I put a heating pad on and sit with it on and off for 20 minutes. Meaning 20 minutes on low and then off for 20 minutes and then I repeat. The heat feels good and relieves the pain. Hope this will help you. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my dear, I hope that the pain is lessening! Aleve, heat pad, alternate w/ice.

    LOVE the photos!
    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday, Lynda! Beautiful day in Ohio. It was hair day and I got a lavender iced latte with marshmallow cold foam. Life is good. It is going to be cloudy and some days of rain showers. No sun for ten days. I love the sun! How was your day? Is your neck feeling better? Get out the heating pad and take a flexeril. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's Kathy. I'm so sorry you have pain, but I have to agree with you. Hardly worth it to go to the ER. Wait, wait, wait! You likely pulled something that will slowly ease up. You'll just need to be careful! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!