Monday, September 21, 2026

Have yourself an amazing day!


 Good Morning--To-day is Monday, September 21st--very dark here   outside still--  but Lopez and I are up---not Sushi --seems a bit cold--although I did turn up the heat inside here-The wash is done--even dried and folded---so, it really is time to  begin this day-- Frost was predicted here in this area, for last night---hopefully we did not get it-- I haven't checked the plants out in the front yet--   -It is 6-30am--early--

                        Words I wish I had written--

#1. A fish would not get caught if it kept its mouth shut.

#2.Think of retirement as being a teenager again.

#3.Love never grows tired.

#4.Always toss a coin in a wishing well.

                                    

                            Blasts from the Past

Ava, Emma, Sophia and Jacob--cousins -having fun-

Fred, with 3 families and Apollo, Phil's dog
                                    Below--another busy dock--on Dunlop

                            
Another Birthday for Fred, below

                                Below--Ava--now in University

                                Dogs on the deck, below

So, I hope that you all are happy to-day--that to-day will be a great day--You must  make it a great day--You can change your attitude--If you have a voice, sing--Hug your children--and-your pets--Everyday, try to surround yourself with beauty--See things for what they really are-and----Be determined to be happy--Mom use to always say, "Rome wasn't built in a day"-so---Have patience----Enjoy the life you are given--                Oh--and I must send you all, BIG HUGS__





































9 comments:

  1. Morning Lynda,
    Another week has begun.............ready or not.
    I woke to thunder and rain this AM. It's supposed to continue off and on this morning before it's over around 11 AM. I hope that most of it has passed before I need to head to the grocery. It is bringing cooler temperatures though as it's only supposed to get to the low 70's.

    Just curious, did you check out the new Spark People yet? I check in every day but haven't fully committed to it yet. After so many years of tracking my food, exercise, etc. elsewhere, I am kind of reluctant to fully commit. Plus, right now it's still a work in progress for Spark Guy, but coming along.

    Wishing you a wonderful start to your week! Onward and Upward!

    Hugs,
    Jackie





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, it's coming along. I started my Biggest Loser Challenge today. Slow going, only one other team that we are competing against, but we tried our darndest to get them going again! I love it there, I didn't have any other places to track, compete, etc., and it's my Godsend right now.

      Delete
    2. That was me, Marti, who just typed that. Whoops!

      Delete
  2. RD in AZ here 9-21-2026
    So nice and cool here in Az this morning
    I got my day started and am ready to go to work I am starting to feel like it really is time for me to just quit and retire there is no reason to work I have no bolls to pay the car is paid off the house is paid off the kids are all grown and on their own But I miss being around people
    you have a fantastic blog today the photos and the wise word
    your blog makes my day

    quote for the day
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
    Will Rogers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you enjoy your work and being around people, I say keep at it, just cut back your hours if possible. That is what I did!

      Marti

      Delete
  3. Good morning Lynda, today is the last day of Summer and tomorrow is the first day of Fall, so you may begin seeing frost and the leaves changing color. Do you have any special plans for the week? Have you been reading any good books? Enjoy the day, enjoy the week ahead. Will Allison be sharing a photo of her new puppy that you can share with us?
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Fall. I am so ready for cooler temps!

      Marti

      Delete
  4. Good morning, sis.

    It's cloudy and rainy here. Supposed to be all day! It's only 51F here. It will reach 56F. Yes, kinda cold. Our boilers for our baseboard heat will not be turned on until October something.

    Love the blasts. Those girls holdin Ethan, lots of doggies with the people on almost all the photos. I suppose any kitties are inside. And Fred with another birthday...he had lots of them.

    Love the words of wisdom, too. Everything has a bad side and a good one, so when we focus on the good...we get more of that. We can always deal with the bad side (like my kitty did a big throw up) and then the good (my kitty is such a love).

    You be happy, too, Lynda. I hope your plants didn't freeze! I'll be back later. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, it's Kathy. Yes, it's quite cold here again today and it may be the day I turn on the heat. We're suppose to be in the 70's again by the weekend but today it won't even get to 60. Time to pull out the winter clothes I guess! I don't blame Sushi for not wanting to get up - in fact, Daisy and I went back to bed with Tom this morning. It's just too cold. I hope you have a very good day!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!