Saturday, September 26, 2026

Trying to keep going!

                Good Day!    Well I have to agree with the above--
 To-day is Saturday, September the 26th--It is very dark outside--still-Lopez and I are up--Sushi is still on my bed upstairs--We were up earlier---Sushi and I--The washer is done--Now the dryer is clanging away--twirling round-

-I guess not all days can be good days--Yesterday was one of those days--kinda lonely--with a great many suggestions from  people on what  to do  and how to do it--I think it comes with  living alone--and I know  the suggestions are all handed my way with all their very best intentions---Living alone is not easy! One  just smiles I guess and carries on--

                        So--Words I wish I had written--

#1.Family stories keep families alive.

#2.Sometimes you need to create a new life.

#3.Everytime you go to complain, stop yourself.

#5. Life is what your thoughts make it!

                        and--Blasts from the past

Allison, with dog,  on the far left-Son#2's wife, with dog, and me with                                                             Lopez

                    The 4 boys, and Allison with Fred and I

                                        swimming off the dock

                            Allison with Sophia and Jacob

            Son#2's wife-- Erin--- somewhere , admiring the sign

                                                another busy dock

                                    mustve been my Birthday

Time to empty and fold the clothes in the dryer---Look forward to better days ahead--Hug your children--  and your pets--They  need you to love them!  Retirement should be the frosting  on the  cake of life--Try to make it that way----OH_------- and--------

                                BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL!



























































11 comments:

  1. Good morning Lynda, sorry to hear that you were lonely yesterday. Hopefully today will be a better day for you. I'm glad to finally see a photo of you celebrating your birthday, even if it wasn't with a cake. The large bouquet of flowers was beautiful. I especially liked seeing the photo of you and Fred with your 5 adult children. It's going to be quite hot here today, 91 degrees. Take good care of yourself and play your piano.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Maureen-==-so good to hear from yu-- I guess I do not post many photos of me-- We have a lovely sunny day-- not hot tho--It will be a warm day here--but definitely not hot--- The coloured leavs are spectacvular-Lynda

      Delete
  2. Good morning, sis!

    It's cloudy and rainy today. Supposed to stop by 5. I leave for karaoke at 6:30. Temp should reach 60F. I don't believe you mentioned your weather.

    It's hard if you're lonely. I'm lucky I don't have that. I have Lucky...the current love of my life. Even going down to get mail, I see other residents...many of them friends. I recently discovered a friend here whose family has a surname that is the same as my maiden name. We're going to investigate to see if we're related.

    And I have games and books on the computer and kindle not to mention FB and youtube. I haven't been bored for years. One can still be lonely, though, I guess.

    Too bad you can't have a meal with Dave every day. Do you still have the cleaning ladies?

    Your family is amazing! Sophia and Jacob are so grown up now. The photo of the 4 boys with Allison and Fred, you with your fantastic flowers on your birthday, the dock...I LOVE looking at your photos!

    I have a friend coming sometime this weekend with her wife (yes) to help remove my bedroom air conditioner. Hope I can talk them into going to karaoke with me. I haven't been in about 3 months...not even to sing Dolly songs.

    Wise words: A Law of Attraction teaching suggests we try to go 24 hours without complaining. I almost made it several times. It can be difficult, for sure.

    I do have things to get done today...better to get to them. I'll be back later, Lynda. Try to find interesting things to do...that will make you feel better. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Maggie--just one cleaning Lady-Hey, I am trying to get the AC unit in the upstairs hall removed--cannot find Gil--- --Andrew said he might stop in --maybe tomorrow--Always good to hear from yu-Lynda

      Delete
    2. It is a lovely mild sunny day here to-day--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Morning Lynda,
    Sorry to hear you were feeling that way yesterday. It can get lonely when you live by yourself. Hopefully, you are feeling more upbeat today.
    Maybe you could do a little window shopping near where you are or visit an attraction in your town. Lunch at Son #1's restaurant. I don't know anything about what your town has so I am just offering up suggestions.

    I don't have much going on here. We are going to run an errand this afternoon but other than that I don't have much going on. But, I am ok with that because Saturday is the only day that is sometimes not a busy one for me. I call it my free day.

    Wishing you a day of good things!
    Hugs to you, Sushi and Lopez.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie--It is wonderful to have what you call, "a free day"--Hugs to yu also
      Lynda

      Delete
  4. I am sorry you had a blue day. One has them from time to time, but luckily, they pass. I started feeling like I was getting a cold yesterday, and I still feel kind of, I guess you would call it a malaise, so I cancelled going out to lunch with a neighbor lady. I won't be going to the gym today either, just taking a day for my immune system to do its thing.

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for yu Marti to have a "free Day"'-- That is so good for one--Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, again. It's Kathy. Yes, I can only imagine how lonely it must feel sometimes, especially after having himself with you for so many years and raising 5 children. My house was always busy, noisy, with chaos everywhere, and I loved it. Friends always gathered here. Now it's just Tom and me and sometimes even that is lonely because we spend so many hours with him in his studio downstairs and me doing my things upstairs. I fill my time reading, and talking to Daisy. But today we're going to my daughter's for Jakey's 8th birthday party. All my children will be coming except my daughter in Oklahoma. So I'm sure there will be enough chaos that I'll be happy to come home to the quiet again. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGS and Blessings. Hope today is happier as time goes on. LOVELY photos.

    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!