Well I did give up--The power was off--could not get on the computer-- gave up--coz I go to the DR for 9am--cud not do everything here-before I go---no TV---no power---no-one to help me--Then-----after calling everyone in the world--the phone rang and it was my friend Kate--who told me to stop worrying--that this happens all the time in this area--that the TV (power) goes out--will come back on it's own--not to worry------ "But what does it look like--a router--?" I asked her--"No, the TV will come back on it's own", she said----AND IT DID___
"Lord love a Duck"--so, I shall return-- just took Lopez out--and he did his business-Son#2 called also-- asked me if I got the TV back on--"Yes", I said--"It just came on, on it's own", I added--and then said, "What does a router look like?"--and so he explained---- And so, I say again, "Life is hard when one doesn't have a husband--when I spent my life making pies and cakes-- never had to learn about "routers"----- Anyway, I shall return--hopefully in a better frame of mind-- Enough about "routers"--and off to the Doctors--The washer is not even on yet--Poor Sushi is still in bed----but--I know now what a "router" looks like--(I am trying not to panic--)---- Lordy Be!!!
So--here I am-- All is well at the Dr's--have to go to Blood work to-morrow at 7am--so--- I am back home--- and ---
Words of wisdom will follow--
#1.Better safe than sorry--
#2.look on the bright side--
#3.Shout for joy--
#4.Long faces make short lives
Blasts from the past
Below-Jacob with big Beau
Good Morning,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a rough start to your morning.
I hate when the power goes out, it's so frustrating. We live in an area where it used to go out a lot. Over the years it's gotten much better. Just make sure you have flashlights and a few battery powered lanterns to help navigate in the dark. And try not to open the refrigerator or freezer more than you have too in case the power is out a while.
I hope all goes well at the Doctor today. Try not to stress over stuff. I know, easier said than done. I need to work on that one myself.
Anyway, wishing you a good day!
Hugs,
Jackie
And remember, Alison is coming today.
DeleteJackie
Ah, but Lynda, women rule now! :) Knowledge is power. Back then, society kept us "barefoot and pregnant." Any chance to learn something new is a GOOD day!
DeleteMarti
Jackie a bad morning here--at Drs tho--all OK--Allison en route-Lynda
DeleteMarti--seems the blog is all messed up-== If yu push--ernter
Deletepush "view-"--and it goes right to blog
Deleteso so good to have Allison and family here-- I love it--Lynd
DeleteIt's Kathy. I understand how frustrating it is when something doesn't work and you don't know what to do. I'm fairly familiar with computers and routers, but if it doesn't work like I believe it should - I call my husband. I always tell him if he goes before I do, I probably won't be able to watch TV anymore. Just yesterday I was having trouble with my cell phone - but he had the same problem so it seems it wasn't us, it was the company of the app we were trying to open. I hope all goes well at the doctor's. I am going to see my Surgeon's PA in early August. This leg pain is really getting me down! It's now really affecting my sleep. So maybe she can help! Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteThankS Kathy--I hope the DAY GOES WELL-=-=Dr Purzner so nice-- Lynda
DeleteKathy--Push "view" to get to blog-- all messed up--= Lynda
ReplyDeletecould yu get on the blog?--Kinda messed up-= lynda
Deleteand it is knda coolish--nice--Lynda
DeleteGood morning Lynda, sorry the start to your day was so frustrating. I think all of us have those kind of days for one reason or another. Hopefully your doctor appointment went well. Just relax in the thought that Allison and Sophia will be arriving before your know it and then there can be hugs all around , catching up on each other's news. Enjoy spending time out on your new deck and remind Lopez to behave himself.
ReplyDeleteMaureen from California
MAUREEN IT WAS A GOOD Drs appointment--Lab work to-morrow-- Lynda
DeleteThanks Maureen-=+_ YU are good-- so happy she and Mark will be here--Dr Purzner so nice-- The appointment went werll-=-need blood work tomorrow--
ReplyDeleteLynda
lovely coolish day here--mLynda
ReplyDeleteHi Lynda! It is so nice in Ohio today! Cool and sunny. I hope your day is getting better. Sorry you need labs in the morning. I would be awake all night over it. I have to get labs a week before a doctor visit instead of after. Pies and cakes are easier than routers any day! LOL! Company should be coming your way! Have a great time! Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteso so good to have family members here--I love it--Lynda
DeleteSorry all that happened. Glad that the TV did come back on. It is good you had your friend Kate could help you and reassure you and son #2, too.
ReplyDeleteHUGS and hope the Dr visit went fine.
barb
1cd
Lynda, I don't see anything messed up on my end.
ReplyDeleteAs for pies/cakes or routers, I'm definitely a routers person, LOL. I've never baked a cake or a pie.
Enjoy your company coming soon! :)
Marti
routers-LOLOL--- Allisn just across the street--so nice--Lynda
Deleteand the weather is wondertful--Lynda
DeleteThey are walking nature trail-=Lynda
DeleteMore adventures than you would prefer, but... we are survivors! Loved seeing "Big Beau" in the photo collection today!
ReplyDeleteCan yu help me Barb get back onto my blogger website??Lynda
DeleteI am back, but it looks like you've already checked comments.
ReplyDeleteHappy things went well at the doctor's but a 7 AM appointment tomorrow? That's early!
Love the blasts! Family friends and a great dog...perfect!
I'm going to the VA tomorrow, too. The hospital is having a celebration...a ribbon cutting celebrations and lots of other things for the new Womens Clinic. We won't have to walk so far, everything will be there for us includin all the OB/GYN care for the younger veterans. I'll also look around the duty free store and, if they don't serve lunch at the party, probably have lunch in the commissary. As you say...make time for fun!
Have a great night, Lynda. Like my mama said, "Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite." (we never had bed bugs). {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie
RD in AZ here 7/24/2026 Friday
ReplyDeletewe had a short power outage last night some time but it was not long at all so glad it happened during the night when it was cool
so very glad that all is good for you again
Quote for today
Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
Confucius
hugs my friend you got this
SOMEHOW I AM UNABLE TO GET BACK ONTO MY BLOGGER website----Can any of you please help me?---Lynda
Deletefldunloplake@vianet.ca is my email address-=-if yu can help me--id appreciate it very much-Lynda---
RD in AZ here 7/27/2026
ReplyDeleteI see still no blog I pray all is well
Quote for the day
The good man is the friend of all living things.
Mahatma Gandhi
RD in AZ 7/29/2026
ReplyDeleteQuote for today
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison
I hope you get the blog thing fixed soon
RD in AZ 7/30/2026
ReplyDeleteI guess you are still down we sure do miss you
Quote for the day
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
Winston Churchill
RD in AZ here 7/31/2026
ReplyDeletePraying that it is just a blod or internet issue
quote for the day
True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
Socrates
Hi Lynda: I've been trying to add a comment for a half hour! can the company who the blog is through help you out at all? Hugs Brenda
ReplyDelete