Good morning, to-day is Sunday, July 19th--We have sunshine outside-- kinda cool-ish---Lopez and I have done our walk around the block--He did his business--no AC running--yet--which tells me it just might not be so hot to-day--Sushi has been up for hours--I must get that washer going--trying to get dressed as I type- and--I am meeting Dave for breakfast at 9-30am--The great news is--no "smoke" outside--that I can see--yet--I hope it stays this way--A text just came on my phone, saying--"Just landed in China Mom"--from son#2, the Pilot-- I believe this is his first time flying to China--There will be some interesting "food" pictures to follow, I am sure-
So--Words I wish I had written--
#1.Do not be ashamed to fail
#2. You have 2 ears and one mouth-use them in the same proportion.
#3.Do not be afraid to ask for help
#4.Never give up on what you really want to do.
Blasts from the past
Fred's Dad, Watson-Son#1 named his cat "Watson" after him-
above, Fred's Mom, Japo--
an early photo of Fred Fred and I Fred with Son#1and a lot of Grandchildren
and there they are--almost all the Grandchildren
Time to get on with the day--face the music-- Remember, the more you know--the less you fear--
Listen to-day with your eyes--
Remember, most people are what they should be--
be happy--be kind---
oh-----and "big HUGS"
Holy Cow-- a Pic right from China from Son#2
ALICIA363
ReplyDeleteThose dumplings look so delicious!
And they must be so fresh--The pic just came thru from Matt (Son#2)-- LOL--He is in CHINA and he is half Chinese-- LOLOL--Lynda
DeleteAlicia yU are up early--LOL--Lynda
DeleteMorning Lynda,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have had a busy Sunday morning already. And then breakfast with Dave.
Loved all the words of wisdom and the pictures!
Glad to hear the smoke is clearing and you have sunshine.
How fun for son #2 to get to go to so many places. And that food!
Have a lovely breakfast and enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Jackie
It always is a busy morning here--lovely day here tho--no smoke to-day--Happy it is gone--I hope that your day was great!! Lynda
DeleteQuite hot in my tiny house to-nite--Lynda
DeleteGood morning Lynda, I couldn't help but smile when I saw Matt's meal. He definitely did not go to McDonalds. I wonder if they even have McDonalds in China. Your day is off to a good start, a bit cooler, no smoke and breakfast with Dave. I hope your day continues to be enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteHugs from Maureen in California
Hi Maureen--He loved sending you all that food picture from China--LOL-- dunno when he comes home--Lynda
Deletealways nice to go out with Dave for breakfast-=-Lynda
DeleteGood morning, sis. We have light blue skies...and an air quality alert. But it's only going to be 86F today. Cooler here, too.
ReplyDeleteLove your Words today. We should listen before we speak, never give up on our dreams and not be afraid to ask for help. Isn't it funny that, as we get older, we need to do that more often?
Lucky let me sleep so long today I may not need a nap. Will need to lay down with him until he falls asleep. Then I can sneak out of the bed. Just like a toddler, huh?
Love the blasts! So many grandkids I have 11 and 3 from my prior relationship. How many do you have? Greatgrandkids?
The food from China...wow! Was that for 1 person? I'm awkward at using chopsticks, but would love to go there.
I know you'll have a good breakfast with Dave...while he eats lunch (I believe you once said that's what he does).
On with my day, Lynda. I'll come back later.{{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie
I think we have 11 Grandkids--(never counted them before)--=LOL--Matt was pretty happy to send you food pics from China--LOL--Lynda
Deletedefinitely not as hot to-day--Lynda
DeleteRD in AZ here 7/19/2026
ReplyDeleteI love the photos of the grandchildren.
Fred was a very handsome young man. what a busy morning you have
the food looks good I love it when you get photos of what they are eating it makes me want to try different foods .
Quote for today
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Aldous Huxley
Big hugs back to you have a great day
Hey-=-great quote--so true too--yes, Matt loves real Chinese food--authentic Chinese food--Lynda
DeleteSun is out here and is hazy from smoke. Supposed to have rain overnight and into tomorrow so that should clear the air, hopefully.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful food from son #2 in China. NO McDonalds yet! LOL
Hugs and smiles
barb
1cd
LOL-No MacDonalds yet--LOL-- Smoke gone from here--I never saw that before-Lynda
DeleteIt's Kathy. That food looks good. Love seeing the pictures of Fred's mom and dad and a young Fred. Very handsome with a twinkle in his eyes! Warmer here again today with bad air warnings. I can't see it today but it was hot outside when I took Daisy out. We got a really late start today so I have a lot of catching up to do. Tom made us breakfast - which will also serve as lunch! A very nice surprise! Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteTom made yu breAkfast--So NICE OF Him Surprises are SO NiCE!!
DeleteI just turned on the AC here--kinda muggy--Lynda
DeleteHi Lynda! It is better air quality in Ohio but still not great! I have been painting a small bathroom all day. I just put the third coat on. I am getting tired. How was your day? I see Matt found some great food. Chinese! You all love that so he must be happy. I better go finish up. Happy Sunday! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteGood for yu to paint th small bathroom-- Yes you must be tired--Lynda
Deletenot as hot here to-day--no AC opn--LyndA
Delete