Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Talk to your children--

                                     Good Morning to you all-
To-day is Wednesday, July 15th-- still dark out--Lopez and I are up and at-er here--It was 79 in the bedroom last  night-- I had turned off the AC-- opened the windows up, up there-(-kinda crazy of me-)-I had a fan on, but I think it was just moving the hot air around--So, the AC is once again, chugging away and it is now around 77 up there--I will love it when this hot air , over us, moves on----

                            Words I wish I had written--
#1.Remember to say please.
#2.A day lost is never found.
#3.Develop and maintain a capacity to forgive.
#4.Even an old body can have a young mind.
#5. Happiness should be a part of love.

                            Blasts from the past--
                                Ava's Birthday--below--  
                        Below--5 Grandchildren paddling

One of my favourite  photos--My Dad--arm in arm with his Mother and Grandmother-and his sister with the cat--in Port Perry, ON. 
                My 4 boys-Son#4, Son#1, Son#3, and Son#2
                    Grandchildren--from the picture above
                            and there is the man I married-Dr. Fred
So, I hope to-day you will all be happy--Remember, everyday is a clean slate. Men and women may be different from each other, but their souls can still be combined to form one. Love always eases pain--
So, get off of here--get on with your day, and , tell someone you love them--Oh--I nearly forgot--BIG HUGS TO YOU ALL__Especially to your Children.


























































27 comments:

  1. RD in AZ here 7/15/2026
    you are so right a great conversation can always be had with a child their way of seeing things is amazing
    what is Fred doing it looks like an exercise machine of some type
    I bet birthdays were so fun around your place
    off we go to another fun filled day
    Quote for today
    No one has a greater asset for his business than a man's pride in his work.
    Hosea Ballou

    big hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--Probably a very old exercise bike Fred is on--(I am just guessing--LOL)-Yes Birthdays were expensive--fun-busy--lotza work--lotza money--and ever so many of them!!--Life was full of "good times"-my Dog does not replace all the fun we had--LOL--Raising children was fun--busy--expensive--I would do it again in a heart beat--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
    2. I just walked Lopez around the block--He did his business--Lotza smoke in the air--LyndA

      Delete
    3. Yes, Birthdays were always so much fun--lots of them too-=-Lynda

      Delete
  2. Morning Lynda,
    Another hot one here today as well. Luckily, I have plenty to do inside and don't need to be outside for long.
    I got a lot of good things at the Farmer's Market yesterday. I got some tomatoes, beets, ( which I love cooked with butter and pepper). Hubby says beets taste like dirt and won't eat them. That's ok, more for me.
    I also got some salted rye bread, a lemon blueberry bread and brown butter salted chocolate chip cookies. They are all made with sourdough. So Good!

    Happy Hump Day! Stay cool!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie--sourdough bread is very good--I bet the beets were good too--pickled??-- Ln da

      Delete
    2. and it Is very "yellow" ouTSide--the smoke in the air-- is bad--Lynda

      Delete
    3. Yes, LOL, like your husband, I just can't get on board with beets. Nor turnips, sweet potatoes, eggplant, cabbage, or artichokes.

      Marti

      Delete
  3. Good morning, sis. It was 93F yesterday, and it will be that again today. Too hot for everyone other than motorcycle riders.

    Love the blasts! Especially the one of your 4 boys! Seeing them together is great...the old one of your family...the kids paddling, Ava's 12th birthday...and Fred, of course.

    I have already told my Lucky that I love him. I do that alot! Soon I need to leave for the place that's gonna fix my car.

    I taught my kids the 'magic words': please, thank you, excuse me and I love you.

    Back later, Lynda. Have yourself a fantastic day! {{{HUGS}}} Love Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Miss Maggie--YU best have a great day also--We have smoke in the air outside--not good for us for sure--The wild fires out west they say is causing it--terrible-- Yes--I do love bad little Lopez also--also Miss Sushi--my 2 side kicks--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
    2. and it is hot---smokey-- a good dAy to stay inside-- with the AC-- (which I turned off last nite and regretted it in the AM)--

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynda, I too like the photo of your dad arm in arm with his mom and grandma. The others are special as well. The heat has become insufferable for so many of us. I hope there is relief soon. Did the groomer take care of Lopez? Sending hugs and wishes that you have an awesome day.
    Maureen from California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maureen--His bath is a month away--same date--only next month--Oh--I bought a huge calendar from Amazon that I can write on so I can keep track of my appoitments--LOL--FINALLY!--Lynda

      Delete
    2. Isn't that picture so special??--Dad as a yuung man--Lynda

      Delete
    3. These appointments drive me crazy--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
    4. I was going to SAY, Lynda, LOL, didn't he just GET a bath? Which, indeed, he did! Yes, I have a calendar hanging on my back door out to the garage. I write everything on it, or no way could I remember anything!

      Marti

      Delete
  5. It's Kathy. It's another hot day here today. The A/C has been running since I turned it on this morning. I'm back from my Pilates Reformer class, it went well today - no additional pain. My grandsons are coming about 1 pm while my daughter goes to a doctor appointment. Tom is here and will help with them. They are a handful. Hope you're having a good day. Love the photo of your dad with his mom and grandmom! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your Grandsons--and your daugr trying to deal with the father"--or something--Is oit better now?-I felt sorry for your daughter--Yu are so good to help her out-must be hrd for yu bothI just came back from the grocery store--hot hot hot--Lynda

      Delete
    2. my typing bad here--LOL--I must be hot--just came home from grocy shopping--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Good afternoon, Lynda! It is HOT in Ohio! It is 93 but feels even hotter. Oh goodness, it was 79 upstairs without your air on. Sounds awful. I see Dr. Fred riding on his bike. Great pic of him! Your grandchildren must miss gathering at your lake house. We had a wonderful day at the lake with my son and family. The kids fished, swam and played on the playground. They slept all the way back to their home. I hope your house is cooler now. Enjoy your afternoon. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--much cooler with that AC on--What on earth was I thinking eh??--turning it off on a very hot night--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
    2. ExtEMELY hot here also--not normal in this area--Lynda

      Delete
  7. (((HUGS))) Yes, love always eases pain! Love the photos from the past. Have the a/c going here, as it is 89 (a bit cooler than yesterday) and there is an air quality alert. So, snug in the house.

    hugs and blessings
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs BrB_++_SMOkE IN OUR AIR ALSO_+_+ Outside was :orange" this AM--Good to have that AC on for sure-- Nice to hear from yu--Lynda

      Delete
  8. Good evening Lynda,
    It has been a while since I got on your website. It's summer and I have been busy. Just today Dan & I ordered another new mattress. Hopefully that will be the last in our lifetime. Dan & I got up around 3:30 this morning and could not sleep. He is really aching; our old bed is only 3 years old and just went to "hell". It cost us $2,000. for the mattress so it wasn't cheap! We have been busy w/the garden and trying to keep the yard up. We are trying to find a painter to paint the house. It is hard to find good help. It is just too much for us to tackle.
    Our blueberries are going crazy. This is the first year that we have picked more berries than the birds have eaten. I froze over 5# and I kept some out for our cereal in the morning.
    I am still trying to lose the last 10#. I was doing so well until Sparkpeople broke up. I am on Peopleonehealth and there are people there from Canada
    I miss reading your blogs every day and but I think of you often.
    Stay well my friend. Luv Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev--Is it really yu??--So nice to hear from yu!!--Oh I hope we can keep in touch--=Fred and I have a King bed--which is much too big for just me--but--what the heck eh--My Fred has passed on--now in Heaven-I miss him so so much--Im living in town now, in a town house close to the 3 boyS here in town--I still go out to the lake everyday--miss the lake--LOL--I HOPE THAT WE CAN keep in touch--so nice yu wsrtote me--Lynda

      Delete
  9. RD in AZ here 7/16/2026
    just a quick quote today

    Memories of our lives, of our works and our deeds will continue in others.
    Rosa Parks

    have a wonderful day hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!