Saturday, February 26, 2022

Hello Gorgeous!

Look in the mirror----  the reflection is someone who  is unique----simply gorgeous--  I am telling yu that this morning!---  (Now, who else has told yu that to-day?)--We all need a mirror on our walls so that mirror could answer that famous question--"Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall, who is the fairest of us all?"

--I feel grouchy this morning--because I want all this house work done and no-one is going to do it but me--I should not feel this way, because the Queen is not going to come--(She has Covid)_and no-one is going to look inside the house---but me----I think too, Himself used to help me a lot, but not anymore--Perhaps I am feeling a tad sorry for myself???

I must tell yu however, that yesterday went well, with Himself going to the hospital for the brain scan-- We were going thru admitting at 7-30am and that waiting area has changed so much. Every chair in the waiting area is surrounded with plexiglass----  and each chair is  socially distanced from another----I felt very safe. We were asked if we had been out of the country etc etc , and then taken to the Xray dept by a very kind nurse--The scan itself took 3 minutes--We were met by his DR there too, which I thought was very good --In fact, he went in  to where the scan was done, with Himself---

A few of the nurses recognized Himself too, which made him feel special----  I used to work in the Tuck shop of that hospital, many yrs ago---  so I was familiar with it-- Yesterday I found the hospital to be brighter--decorated so much nicer--friendlier--  I felt like the staff really went out of their way to help us feel good!----Of course , it is a much smaller hospital that the one I had my eye surgeries in, which was a safe place, but definitely  not very friendly.

So--We do NOT have snow falling to-day-----I hope yer day goes well-- If you find that mirror on the wall asking yu who is the fairest of us all, please let me know-- We all need one--I might take 4!!!- 

We  have our dreams----  which------  must be a good thing, doncha think???
 

19 comments:

  1. Our local hospital is small and very welcoming with lots of friendly people who put you at ease when you are there. They did my knee surgery in January and my hip replacement 3 years ago. Hope you get the results from himselfs scan on Monday. I hear you about the cleaning . . . I have been procrastinating doing mine and it is on the plan to get serious about it after my SIL leaves. She has been here a month helping us out after Al had back surgery 4 days after I had my knee done. Have a good weekend. . . I just finished cleaning up the 10 inches of snow we got yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow--Yu got lotza snow--It really is so nice when people treat yu with kindness eh? Lynda

      Delete
  2. Hope the results you get are good! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like yesterday went well! So glad of that. AND glad that you had friendly staff! That makes such a difference. I went w/DD for her OB visit and that all went well, but that staff was grumpy (hormonal by osmosis? Who knows?) But then she had to have blood work @ the hospital and they were SUPER nice and efficient. So, that made up for the grumpies!

    Glad no snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate it when people are grumpy-- Poor yu--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Glad that your hospital experience was pleasant and smooth. Just what we all were hoping for! As for the housework, here's a "feel good" report... I heard about a study that showed women who performed "household chores" for four hours were less likely to have heart troubles!

    We could all use some good news, couldn't we?

    Have a safe and warm weekend, and may that housework be done like magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatta great thing to know--Thanks Barb!~--Lynda

      Delete
  5. Lynda, I can totally relate. While my dear husband has been totally doing dinners and dishes things like cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming have been left undone. It was totally driving me crazy sitting in this very dirty house looking at all the dog hair and other things. So this week I have managed to clean 3/4's of my home - maybe someday the kitchen will be done but not until I feel better. I'm so glad things went well yesterday with the brain scan. I have spent a lot of time with doctors and nurses these past few weeks and I have to say almost all the nurses have been so nice and so patient! The doctors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that yu can take it easy--forget about that kitchen--Yu are so important-- Lynda

      Delete
  6. Lynda, stare into the mirror and you'll see a reflection of gorgeous, kind, intelligent and strong.
    Glad test went well and people at hospital were kind.
    Sadie deserved a day off.
    Stay safe, well and warm

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to know you and Himself were treated so nicely yesterday, and not rushed through like cattle, some of those places do that. Can Sadie hire someone to come in and just do bathrooms and vacuum? Back when my husband was alive, we had two gals come in, just to do two bathrooms and mop all the floors, period. It was such a help. You have that huge house to take care of, that house will never shrink. Take care….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--I think that is a good idea--- LOL--Now--I must look for that person-Lynda

      Delete
  8. Yes I see a gorgeous woman in the mirror everyday too. Aren’t we blessed
    A cleaner to help with floors and bathrooms is an absolute must. Mine recently got a full time job and I hate housework. Good news Clean4shaw has an opening and I will have a new team coming in Two weeks to start the cleaning essentials for me.
    When I started paid work I sadly (๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰) gave up housework to employ a young mum with no income to do it for me. She was so much better at it than I was. And she LOVED housework. What a treasure.
    Since then I have had a cleaner almost the whole time. Love the luxury. And I know I am giving someone a job who needs it.
    How special to be treated kindly at the hospital. Best wishes for your day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it was a pleasant hospital visit and hope everything turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually noticed a shift at the hospital from when I was in my 50s, apparently I was worth listening to then and now that I am in my 60s, seems now that I must be brain dead or have become a child because I get ignored as someone who much be making it up. Even in our small hospital, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it all went well at the hospital with your DH. Whatever the results, I hope everything is treatable. Big Sunday hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the test went well and the Dr. went in with him. Made it easier
    for Fred.
    Prayers Lynda.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!