Friday, August 5, 2022

"Bless Yer Hearts!"


 Yesterday I got the hair done--  and it feels so much better!--  Then, the phone call came from Himself-"Could yu bring home fresh roast beef--then go and get fresh bread for sandwiches-" -I knew I had to get to the post office too!"--So, 5 stops later I got to go home--Every time I stop, I get more and more tired.--When I finally returned home, I was completely pooped!----  Does shopping  get yu absolutely worn out?-Poor wee Lopez  was so happy to see me as he needed to get out and do his business-----Anyway, I look like a human being this morning with the nice hair do --WITH colour !--

We still have an enormous frig in the middle of the kitchen, which we walk around to get a meal-- The carpenter/neighbour, will be here Sunday to cut the cupboard. I hope the thing will fit in the space after that!

So, life goes on----

Himself has not been the easiest person to live with this morning ---  For some reason he thinks he will pass on--like tomorrow--and, for that reason, he feels he should just sit on a chair and wait for the good Lord to take him--I suggested that he could empty the dishwasher --that , that might be a good job for him--and of course I heard all kinds of reasons he should not do that--one good thing now is that I did not cry-- (which I used to!)- but--I sat him down and we discussed it---The problem too was that his hearing is not good and he refuses to wear all the paraphernalia  the kids have sent him to hear--so--how much did he hear  all that I said--I needed to use my megaphone-- (which daughter sent me!)-

I guess one must just accept that life is just never going to be the same-If it's not the Covid--it's appliances breaking-- the prices of everything goes up daily-- One certainly never runs out of things to do-- Lord love a Duck!--

 
--I believe that most people our age are living  a life, sorta like mine-- unexpected stuff just happens-- Am I right?--  And we just have to cope, and hope  all the pieces will fit into place if we just try-- am I right?-- 

Anyway, I am venting here and I must get moving-- hugs to yu all--as Mom used to say- "Bless yer hearts!"




 

10 comments:

  1. OH boy. Those days when one chore leads to a million others does wear one out. I get worn out @ the grocery store, too, I think mostly from wearing the mask! Makes it a little harder to breathe. BUT has to be done.

    Glad you got pampered. Always feels good to have the hair done!

    Here’s hoping that the frig will fit when the carpenter is done working his magic. Fingers crossed.

    Heavens, still the battle of wills with the hearing aides. **SIGH** Well, hope your msg. got through to Himself. HUGS to you. Hard to hear Himself talk and act like that.

    For sure, there is ALWAYS something unexpected that happens. Murphy makes sure of that one. *SIGH**

    Hope it’s a good Friday and good weekend. LOVE your picture!

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture.
    Yes, always something unexpected to deal with BUT we deal with it as best we can.
    Hope today is a good day. Stay strong.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to have a hearing aid battle with my DH also. . . .he got them Tuesday and only wears them about 2-4 hours per day . . . says he has to get used to them. Ugh . . . Still oppressively warm and humid here in NH . . . we are also in a drought about 8' down on rain this season so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma used to say, "Bless your heart" too. I have heard, "Bless your little pea pickin' heart!"
    Got my hair done...a bit differently...on Monday. Great birthday present.
    That frig will get where it is convenient sooner or later...let's hope sooner.
    Hope you got a rest. You must take care of Lynda first. I know it doesn't seem that way sometimes. It can seem like there are other priorities. As a friend of mine often says, "We must stay strong!"
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing to vent to us, as we vent to you! A safe outlet! Hope the cabinet gets fixed properly. Here, the drought is playing havoc with the ground, sinking and cracking, mess up the foundation of houses in Texas. Expensive to fix. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks pretty 😍 I'm glad you have that to look forward to each week...makes us feel better!

    Lynda, I can't do half the things I used to do. When I go out for groceries or to run errands, it wears me out too! I try to do as much as I can in one day which is too much sometimes. We just need to do the best we can and stay strong !

    Sorry Himself is feeling down. I know that hurts to hear him talk that way 💔 Hope the repair guy gets there on Sunday to get you new fridge fitted in the space. Bless your heart...I say that too and mean it (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hair looks good. Be careful how much you do on a trip to not wear yourself out too much because there is always more to do when you get home - like Lopez. Hope fridge gets placed properly on Sunday. That should also help himself feel better. Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our pastor once told us that life is a series of problems to solve and the sooner one accepts this the happier one will be! I have a plaque on my wall that says, "We weren't promised an easy life. We were promised help to live it." Both so true!! Have a good weekend. I enjoy your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely correct Lynda. It must be hard for Himself, and for you because he chooses not to put his hearing aids in then is angry because he cannot hear........and you are like me, you do all the running and the doing and we are both tired. Sending love n hugs to you...prayers for strength.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Lady on the lake, you can vent all you want to. If it keeps us sane it's what we have to do.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!