Friday, August 19, 2022

Lord love a duck!

I am lifted up--and it's a good thing ---  a person just can't be "down in the dumps" everyday--Yu know, yesterday I ran into Canadian Tire , after the hair-do---bought grass seed-- and the person in there said, "So how is Himself?"---  Good grief! She reads the daily blog--She made my day !---  Apparently she seems to be living with stuff in her life too!----  Just to hear her, made me feel that I'm not alone--and, all yer comments yesterday, on the very short blog , really helped--Thank yu to all!----

As you all know, we had a power outage--from 5-30am to 12-30pm--and after that, even tho we had a generator going, the house was a mess----at one point , during the power outage, I decided I would mix more sugar water for the hummingbird birds--Man go man! As soon as I plugged in the tea kettle to boil the water, the power to the whole house shut down--  I quickly turned off the tea kettle--ran down and flipped the switch to the generator which the tea kettle had turned off--and boom, the generator began to chug away again.-There are certain things one never uses  when one is on "generator power"--  I guess one is a tea kettle-- another is a coffee maker-- also I never turn on a computer or a TV--
 

So, Himself is back to being a good guy -  Lord love a Duck!--One never knows what a day will bring!--It really is a crazy life isn't it?-----I must admit that I am coping better--I used to cry a lot--now I try to figure out how to handle each day when  Himself decides that he will "handle the show"--in his way--

We have a Birthday  to go to --one of the Grand daughters who wants to be a vet has a Birthday - Years ago, when Dad was living on his own, I was taking out his garbage for him, and in it , was a year book, from when his sister graduated from the Vet School in Guelph--only she was in  the cooking part of the University-MacDonald Institute--The Year book was from 1930--The names of the people , plus their hair-dos were priceless--I kept it--- I never knew why I kept it--just found it so "neat"--  Well, our Grand daughter will be going there-- I took the year book in to her yesterday--she deserves to see her great Grandfather's oldest sister in that book--Her name was "Olive"---  Now who names their kids "Olive" to-day?-

So, life goes on--and on--Once again, I appreciate all yer kind thoughts - when I was in the "depths of despair"---Living thru  whatever a day brings, takes courage-- Some days I handle it pretty well--other days, I seem to "cave in"-

You people surely do help one get thru it all and I thank yu--

l have to "muster up" that strength-- believe that I am stronger than I think- --Hugs--- hugs and more hugs to yu all-


13 comments:

  1. We looked at Guelph when our daughter was looking at schools. . . .loved the school . . .hated having to go through Toronto to get there. We lived in Vermont at the time, about 20 miles from the Canadian border so the whole drive was faster through Canada. But the Toronto traffic was just a nightmare for us rural people. She ended up at the University of Georgia and is the Wildlife Vet for the State of Kentucky. Best of Luck to your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, my days can go the same way - really well one day then I cave in next day. And I live alone!! It is pain that does it to me, some days it's not too bad and other days I can barely move. But at least mine is all physical stuff where yours is emotional. You get on an emotional roller coaster, depending on what kind of day Himself is having. I hear you my friend and I really feel for you and the many women who are living with husbands who are going through the same thing.

    All the best to your granddaughter and how she must have loved looking through that university book! A keepsake for sure!

    Get some fresh air today and enjoy your day!!
    Much love and many hugs coming to you, Fred and your fur babies xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Friday morn to you and Fred! I hope that this day continues to be peaceful for you both…but, whatever comes your way, you have demonstrated countless times that you CAN definitely handle it!!❤️

    I’m sure that your granddaughter was thrilled to get a yearbook with such history! Wow…1930! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, Lynda glad that you had a good day yesterday.

    So happy to hear that Himself had a good day, so YOU had a good day.

    Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter! That’s awesome that you rescued that year book and now can share it with your granddaughter.

    You ARE strong, my dear!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, you're FAMOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy its a better day for Fred. That makes your life easier. Its interesting that the lady at Canadian Tire gets inspiration from your daily blogs as do each of us. You are so strong and continue to bounce back. God bless you.
    Happy BD to granddaughter. The old yearbook sounds very interesting. It will be nice for you to get OUT. Enjoy your family.
    I had no idea a tea kettle uses so much power....coffee maker too. I'd have a hard time without coffee.
    Hang in. Enjoy your day. You are such an inspiration.
    Hugs

    You

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very happy for the good days and moments!! I hope you're planning to go to your DGD's birthday. Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! How cool that your granddaughter can see that yearbook from 1930, wow! Fabulous to see. So pleased you saved a family keepsake. That must have felt funny, to have the gal at the store ask about Himself! Cool. Small appliances take a lot of power, immediately, that messes generators up. Oh my goodness, isn’t it always something? Take care! Ethel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew Himself would be better today! He will have more good days than not. Well, let's hope!
    Glad your power is back, too. Gosh, that's hard to deal with, always wondering if what you plug in or turn on will make the generator stop.
    We will stay strong and keep rooting for each other!
    Happy Birthday to the future vet. We need more.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad things are good for you today. We all need those good days. They really help, don't they? We love being here for you! Hugs to you Lynda for helping us get through each day by taking the time to write your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad today is a good day. Have a good time at your granddaughter's birthday celebration. And remember - you are very strong all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, been reading for awhile and haven't commented - also from Spark but don't blog much anymore. Just wanted to say that my mom had dementia and my dad was the caretaker for many years and it was hard as you know. Her personality changed so much. She was the sweetest person ever and it seemed like the disease removed any filters she had. She also was on prednisone for her dementia (an autoimmune type) and it made her hungry. She would take food off of other people's plates or go into the staff room to take food. It's funny at times, but also sad.
    You've mentioned some criticism from your kids I believe about how you are caring for him (?) Its too bad - if they did your job for even a day, they would understand how difficult it is. I insisted my dad take a break and stayed with my mom so he could leave. After he came back, he was able to see that she needed to go somewhere. It is hard. There is no good solution. You are doing the very best that you can and still are very positive. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! Glad your day was better for both of you

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!