Monday, August 22, 2022

You might hear me Play the piano-

The Piano Tuner just left--  Himself had to sit in the study with the 2 dogs-- (They must be quiet when a piano tuner is here)  --In fact, Mom used to say, one must keep the TV and the radio off so the piano tuner can do his tuning--no extra noise! ---  It took him about 2 hrs to tune the piano--another $160 down the drain--but---- now, the piano sounds wonderful--It just sounds glorious! ---  The Piano Tuner used to come twice a yr--now only once a yr--He moved from Sudbury (2 hrs away)--to London, ON., which must be 7-8 hrs away--It's always a big deal when he comes as everything in the house stops-- and when he is finished tuning, he plays a wonderful piece which sounds amazing! There is no piano tuner in town , so I move Heaven and Earth to make sure I am here to receive  this guy--I think "tuning a piano" must be a lost art-- 

I took piano lessons , as a kid, up to Gr 6--Of course, I hated practicing, so never did practice much!  I took from the Nuns, in London , ON., who used to whack my hands with a long pointer stick when I hit the wrong notes, which happened often . (I never practiced, remember?)  -And raising 5 children, we never had the funds (I thought)_ to buy a piano. 

When Dad passed, he left all of us some money, which I took to Sudbury one weekend, as I wanted to buy a piano-- I shopped at several music stores there, but stores to-day only carry electric pianos-- I wanted a real piano--

I finally  found a used real piano--FROM THIS PIANO TUNER---- He even drove this piano here from Sudbury--set it up--tuned it --and has come here ever since. I LOVE MY PIANO_-So, I took lessons once again, from a local piano Teacher in town--until----I developed Glaucoma which was not diagnosed for a few yrs, as I struggled along with very sore eyes-Glaucoma was eventually treated and I had Cataract surgery--- and finally now , I just play for my own enjoyment--well--Beau and now Lopez seem to enjoy my music--as do the neighbours when the patio door is open.

This has turned into a long epistle ---Lord love a Duck!---  There is no moral to the story either!---Isn't it strange how one's mind wanders?---Anyway, we have sunshine--mega heat--The AC is on--and lunch is ready--Jamaican patties---I wish I could now tell you that you can come to my concert which I am practicing for, to play for the Queen----but-----well. yu do know  that is not going to happen--BUT---if you are out in a boat on our lake, yu just might hear sounds of a piano tinkling across the water--AND IT MIGHT BE ME!!!



10 comments:

  1. You are one talented lady! I had to take piano lessons in college as I was an elementary education major.....I passed, but barely by the "skin of my teeth"! I took violin lessons as a young girl, but didn't stick with it. I regret not sticking with either now. I would love to be able to play the piano or violin.....BUT I just don't think I am muscially inclined! PS I am left handed and I wonder if that was part of my problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Piano Tuner is a keeper. I'm so happy of your many talents. WOW!! The heat is about to disappear for quite a while. Enjoy your day, Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really learned to play as my siblings did . . . I had to be different . . .they played the piano and I played the flute. I taught myself a little latter on but I don't think I am very musically inclined . . . wish I was. Colder here today and tomorrow and then we warm up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, what are Jamaican patties? Should I google a recipe?
    I am not surprised that your pets enjoy your music...Sushi probably does, too. My kitty (Lucky...see my FB page) enjoys it whenever I have it on (always unless the TV is on in the evenings). He likes my country or oldies, but when I put on peaceful, meditating music...well, he likes that best.
    It doesn't surprise me that you finally got your piano. You had sent the request out to the Universe...you followed the prompts...you, the piano and the tuner made your connection! That's the way the Law of Attraction works! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom played the piano, she had the same one all her life. She even bought my family a piano years ago but none of my children were interested so it was really just taking up space. I wish I could have taken her piano home with me after she passed away but not knowing how to play and not really having the room - well, I decided to let someone who would really love it buy it. But I still have her music and the memories of her playing at night after we went to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clearly, you have a gem in that tuner! I'll bet his name is not "Opporknockity" (old punny joke, Opporknockity tunes but once)... Enjoy your music, as I'm sure all who hear you do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic that your tuner comes all the way from London. He's a Gem! Thats a drive. I really enjoyed the story of your piano acquisition and how you learned to play later in life. I've always wanted to play but it will likely never happen.
    I know Beau really likes it and now Lopez too. I like when you take time out of your busy life to play. Please never stop.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

  8. OH that $160 is worth it to have the piano tuned since you enjoy playing! O . . . M . . . G! I took piano lessons from grade 1-6 from the nuns and they did the same thing! Whacked the knuckles w/a pointer when I hit the wrong notes! Lord! Don’t know why I continued for so long, but enjoy playing piano, too. And bonus points that Beau and Lopez enjoy your playing, as well! Bless your piano tuner!

    Hugs and here’s to a terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure we would love to hear you play............

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I would love to hear you play the piano!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!