Saturday, August 13, 2022

Lopez , the Birthday boy!


 This picture was taken early this morning-- Can you see the fog rising from the lake?--It means --FALL-is around the corner--kinda sad!--I am a tad late posting, as I began to dust the living room--and then the kitchen--- and then--You know how it is-- because I've been in the garden weeding so much, I never got to my "One room a day" thing, to dust--There needs to be 10 of me!-

We have no black flies--no mosquitos--- but a zillion hummingbirds ---  I take care of 3 feeders, and I have never seen so many hummingbirds zinging around each feeder-- I seem to have to fill each of these feeder at least once, sometimes twice a day. Yesterday, as I was trying to hang one feeder up--a wee hummingbird landed on my wrist--They are so delicate aren't they?

This is the garden that I have been working in-- and--one morning next week, the nice older man with a rototiller will come and rototill the soil around each bush--I called him last evening--

It is Lopez' Birthday to-day. He is a year old to-day and just the  busiest little bad guy!-- But--I persevered--I have kept him--against all odds-- He has chewed 3 deep holes in our carpet in the living room--climbed up on the kitchen table and I caught him eating my Raisin Bran cereal--opened the windows in the back seat of our vehicle ( I have since figured out how to lock these windows)--- sat on the dining room table-- gets upstairs to  Sushis' territory  and barks viscously at her-  bit Beau--chews on Beau's legs and gets a spank when I catch him--bite my wrist-- snarled at me over a chewy stick and had to get a good whack---now is not allowed these sticks--eats grass--weeds---bugs-- outside-- broken out of his crate  even with  rope tied around the crate- -----BUT----BUT----- HE LOVES ME TO HOLD HIM WHEN HE FEELS LIKE IT----SLEEPS LIKE A BABY AT NIGHT AS LONG AS HE CAN SEE ME_--IS A GOOD EATER____LOVES TO RUN___LOVES ME SO MUCH HE DROOLS___

It does seem to me however that his redeeming qualities are far less than  all the chaos he has caused in our home--- People tell me, "Wait till he is 2 yrs-He will be so good then."--Lord love a Duck--another whole year  ahead of us--I have never given a dog away-- It mixes them all up--but------THERE ARE TIMES THAT I QUESTION ____??????---


Maybe this is a test eh?---  Lopez  and me--- or--Me and this Chihuahua --I wonder  if I can be as strong as him?---




24 comments:

  1. Good morning, Lynda. What beautiful photos and post. Glad beautiful Fall is right around the corner. The garden you've been working on is gorgeous. Everything you touches becomes great! Such is the case of wee Lopez too! Have an awesome day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Time flies! One year already!
      My 87 pound golden doodle is now 3. The first two years are the hardest. He is starting to mellow out and I wouldn’t know what to do without him. Happy birthday to Lopez!
      It’s starting to feel like Fall in Idaho. Makes me a tad bit sad. I love the hot weather and playing in my flowers. I am definitely not a winter person. But, every season is wonderful as long as we are still around to see it!
      Have a wonderful day. I think that it is so fun that a little hummingbird landed in you. That’s awesome!
      Jacquie

      Delete
    2. Son#2 had a Golden Doodle -- His name is Gerrard and he is so sweet--Lynda

      Delete
    3. awwww thank yu--but --way too much work-- Lynda

      Delete
  2. The hummers are building themselves up to fly south soon. This is their time. We used to fill and refill the feeders like crazy in August, when we lived in the mountains, too….They have a long trip to last through.
    Lopez really is like having a kid around. It was a good lesson for the rest of us at this age considering another pet though. But, as you said, you made the bed, now have to lie in it, for good or bad. Good luck, you have worked hard with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If yu get a puppy ---research the breed -something we never did-- Lynda

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures of the lake and your flower bed. You really have a lot of work to do with your large house and property. Happy Birthday to Lopez and hopefully he starts to mellow out soon. It is rather sad to think that fall isn't too far away, we wait so long for summer and it is over in no time. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all dread the winter don't we?-- Lynda

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Lopez! Honey, you love his positive qualities more than the negative ones...focus on those. Poor Beau and Sushi, though. Lopez has been a big adjustment for them, too.
    Such a lovely property you have!
    It seems that fall will be early here in Minnesota, too. We haven't had a really hot day in over a couple of weeks.
    Do you think that may mean we'll have a shorter winter? I will see if the Farmer's Almanac is available on line. My mom swore by it for predicting the seasons and more.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did yu find the Farmers Alamac? Please let me know what it says-- Lynda

      Delete

  5. Yes, I see the fog. We have the same thing going on here in some areas, too.

    Oh wow! A hummer landed on hour wrist! They were anxious for their nectar!

    Awwww, happy first Birthday, Lopez! Awwwww, naughty little Lopez! Good thing they show us love, too. It’s a survival technique I think! You’ll win! Miss Lilly (a mix yorkie and poodle) is 3 and has finally settled down. Year #2 was better than year #1. She has finally learned, she doesn't rule to roost (well, not really anyhow. LOL)

    Love the photos and have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HOPE Lopez settles down--and I hope it is soon-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pictures and I always love your quotes.
    Your yard is huge. Seems you are forever working on a project out there.
    Yes, won't be long and summer will be gone. Your hummingbirds are getting ready for their long journey. How neat that one landed on you. Also cool that the pesky insects are finally GONE.
    Lopez has been more than a challenge. With all his antics and misdeeds, all I can say is he's one lucky dog to have found you. You have convinced me that I do NOT want a puppy nor a dog and I sure don't want a Chiwauwau lol but you have hung in. You're my hero. His list of naughty is quite long. Sure HOPING he grows out of all of that SOON and settles into being a good companion
    Poor Beau, Sushi and Fred.
    Have a good day. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lopez is a challenge for sure-- and this place is too large--so much work--TOO MUCh! Lynda

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to little Lopez. I remember little Daisy as a new puppy - she liked to eat my shoes. But that didn't last very long and now she's the best companion I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So--there is hope for Lopez I hope??--- Lynda

      Delete
  8. Hope he enjoys his birthday - he'd have done been gone for me. Any dog who will bite their owner/is a bad doggo.
    But then I'm having a decidedly weird week, so overlook me I guess.
    Hope you and Himself are doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO-never overlook yu-- and yu are right--He is bad-- I keep thinking he will improve--but--hasnt yet-Lynda

      Delete
  9. At some point, dogs do seem to "get it", and Lopez will, too. Meantime, if he only purred, you'd have a cat. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--true Barb! I hope "he gets it " soon tho-Lynda

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday to Lopez. Hope he's having a good day. Sooner or later he will get better. Re fall, it's starting to get cooler at night and the exhibition (CNE) starts next week - that's always a sign that summer is almost over. Love the hummingbirds. They are so tiny and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the CNE when I was in Nrsy at Sick Kids--It was fun!--and yu are right--it marked the end of summer--Lynda

      Delete
  11. I really enjoy the pictures of the lake and your children.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!