Friday, August 12, 2022

I'm gonna go to bed for a few days

The above always makes me laugh-- Doncha jess wish that this could really happen?--The family would freak out!

Well. I came inside yesterday from the garden--went up to the computer, and the track pad I use would not allow me to type-Immediately I called Son#2, who usually can get me out of all kinds of messes-He told me to turn off the I Mac-- and then restart it-- When it came back on, a message was on the screen that the  thing I type on, needed new batteries- (You can tell from this explanation that I am not really computer literate!)---So, I did get new batteries into the  thing I type on--and I guess I pressed the wrong button and shut down the bluetooth which connects that to the I Mac--   Anyway, after sweating it out, I called "AppleCare" and a wonderful person sorted out that whole mess. What on earth would I do without "AppleCare"?

I did get to the Plant Centre and all their plants were 30% off--so I bought 4 new plants-tall "Bee Plants"-BECAUSE I DUG THOSE PLANTS OUT IN THE SPRING BY MISTAKE--Can yu believe that?--Of Course Himself was not happy to see me driving in with more plants! --But, he really has been good for a few days now--- Whatever he has (Old timers)---  it seems to come and go--

This is a picture of Himself, Son#2 the Pilot, and my Dad--They were eating Prime rib, off the bones--so we called this photo, "The Prime Rib Gang"-Note the year 2002--- (How can that ever be over 20 yrs ago?)  We never knew then that   life would become so different now--with Covid--the cost of living sky high--  Dad passing on-- Son#2 becoming a Captain--Who would 've even predicted all that?

-and who would've known that this wee girl would move in too?
One never knows what is in our future-- but--- I believe we can handle it--if we are strong--




 

14 comments:

  1. Lynda, YOU are special.
    More plants, tee hee. Just what you need but they were on Sale!
    Life is so very unpredictable. I'm delighted that Fred is having good days as that makes your days easier.
    Thank goodness for Apple Care. When technical stuff goes wonky I'm down and done....no one to call. Didn't life used to be Easier?
    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sushi is my friend!--I love her to the moon and back! --I planted the 4 new plants--only hope I remember now where they are-- LOL--Lynda

      Delete
    2. LOVE that picture, and today is definitely a day I could spend in bed, too.

      Glad that Apple Care could help you.

      Nice that you got some bee plants. The bees appreciate it. Oh gosh, wonder what Himself’s objection was to you getting new plants to replace those you pulled out. AND you do the gardening anyhow.

      Love the picture of Himself w/your Dad and son #2. Memories!

      Awwwww, Sushi looks so regal sitting there!

      And for sure, Linda, you are special!

      Here’s to a great weekend.

      Hugs
      Barb
      1crazydog

      Delete
  2. PS thanks for update on Sushi. Shes so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the computer figured out! Always something, sometimes the tv can mess up, if you hit the wrong thing on the remote. I’m lucky both sons are computer techs, even daughter in law can do it. Thankful. I bet the plants made you happy though, cheered you up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, I feel in God's eyes...none of us are special or all of us are!
    Prime Rib? That sounds great!
    I treated my self to an entre yesterday at my favorite store...grilled salmon served on wild rice. I made broccoli to go with it. It is my favorite vegetable. What's yours? You favorite fruit must be bananas!
    Love the photos. Sushi looks all comfy. That's a cat's specialty, I guess.
    I feel like taking a nap, but it would just be postponing my Sadie getting busy around here.
    Have a marvelous weekend, Lynda...all of you. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good day, Lynda. I'm happy the garden sale wasn't here because I would have gotten plants and more plants too. Then afterwards, I keep asking myself, why on earth do I bring more work home for myself?! lol Awww, lovely pics. Have a great Friday and a spectacular weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sushi is such a pretty little kitty! Glad you found those replacement plants! I tried cutting back on my plants and flowers this year as it used to take me forever to get everything watered! Still have too many, but it is better! Loved the pic of your guys eating prime rib!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good one! Enjoy those pets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same with computers. I always have to call someone. The bones look good. I remember the days when Ed's Warehouse in Toronto used to sell them many decades ago! They were so good. Glad you got the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful family photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I feel that way - just go to bed for a few days! I think it's great that you can work your way through computer problems and how nice to have AppleCare. I lost my internet connection this morning and my husband was away teaching a class - I near panicked. But I went through the steps he's shared with me before and was pretty darn proud of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the picture. and peaceful sleep would be wonderful...I have night terrors.........last night was rough.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!