Tuesday, August 2, 2022

WE ARE STRONG WOMEN-We HAVE to BE!

Try to be awesome--Every morning I hope that I  can be that way!--Sometimes "stuff" gets in the way---but, I try!---Isn't there a saying, "Smile and the world smiles with you" -?--And one never knows what the day will bring.

We are into August-- which means our summer is almost over- Himself and I have survived--I have tackled the front yard and it looks quite good-- flowers-- grass kept cut---I looked at this whole place in the Spring and thoughts of "How can I ever do it" crossed my mind--but, little by little, this area and that area, and I have done it. Mom used to say, "Where there is a will, there is a way." The lake side of this place needs work now--weeding----watering-----cutting back the jungle (as I call it)_-really, it is the bush, which tends to close in quickly. Living in the bush is like living in a jungle-- If you allow it, the jungle takes over! 

Son#2 was knocking at the front door the other day, and when I went to see who it was, he tossed 20 dollar bills at me and a 50 dollar bill-"There" he said.  I sold the canoe and the aluminum boat."  "Lord love a duck", I replied--  "Yeah, the kids won't use them anymore so you may as well get rid of them," he added.-which means, that our Grandchildren are getting older-some have life guard jobs at the beach-some want to paddle board now-forget the canoe---and you know, we don't see them as much as we used to--  They are busy!-- --kinda sad---Just look at the picture below-- gone are the days when they spent each day at Grammas dock--jumping in and out of the lake.



 

It seems like only yesterday they looked like the 2 pictures above--"-Tempus Fugit"---  Time flies, I think that says-
So, all these youngsters are now in Michigan with their parents, on a vacation--Himself and I are alone--and it is kinda nice--(I think!)- ---  It does remind me of years gone by however, visiting my Grandparents-
Life just goes on and on--  and we must adapt--and we can----  because--WE ARE STRONG WOMEN!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Where would we be without our families! I don't even want to think about that. They complete and replenish our lives. Have a beautiful Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy your daily shares.
    One thing I know for sure...YOU are a strong woman.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Lynda - you are a strong and healthy woman! I, too, am sometimes amazed at things I can do. Just take it one day a time and don't stress - you will eventually get things done....as we age, we are slower, but we can do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I think to myself "How am I going to do that?" I've gone and done it! We're strong, smart women! Whatever it takes, right!

    LOVE the pictures. The kids grow up WAAAAAYyyyyy too fast. **SIGH**

    Hope it's a good day for you!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great, that your son sold those things, now, while it is easier to do that. Get rid of stuff neither of you need anymore. Thankful he did that. Take care…

    ReplyDelete
  6. You live on a beautiful property. Takes lots of work, though. Are you still thinking of a home in town in your future?
    I think all our mothers said the same kind of things. I was going to write a book I'd title "Mommy-isms". Someone else beat me to it!
    We WILL stay strong! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never had a chance to reply yesterday. Great family pictures. Nice that your son was able to sell a couple of things. You could probably use more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo's Lynda..........love the one y'day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, they grow up and we don't see them half as much as we used to do when they were small. But, that's the way it is.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!