Thursday, August 25, 2022

Kick Up Your Heels-- and have a great day!


 We have rain--- It is nice! --- It is warm--- and we need the rain-It feels like a rainy day that one might have if one was walking thru the jungle!---  LOL---  (Well, One can pretend!)-----Lopez and I "hoofed" it up the back road--using the trees to shelter us -(well, sort of!)-AND HE DID HIS BUSINESS IN THE RAIN!---  He deserves a medal!--

Himself is having a good day--  AND---  He had a good day yesterday too! ---  It must be hard eh, as one ages-- so unsteady on the feet-- using sticks etc to stay upright--afraid he might topple over in a grocery store so waits for me in the car (Now how uninteresting is that eh?)---  It's like his world has diminished--closed in---He still likes to cook however--I lay out what we will have for supper--then he does the honours--Anyway you know, different Drs  have heard of the "Old-timers" he has, and they suggest medication, which changes his personality--  So far, he is better off without meds--or, so I believe----so far! 

The hardest part is for the "Caregiver"--which is me, of course--He refuses to wear the Hearing Aids , so what he hears is usually not what is said---  and because he gets frustrated  with the "Old-timers" condition, he becomes angry with me-- I am adapting--and becoming better at it--I am not a bossy person usually but---I am becoming that way !  Himself  tells me that I should not be so "Bossy"----just told me not to disturb him--LOL----

Anyway, life sure is different than what I expected at my age--  I try to  "not stress" over it --My oldest brother called last evening--is in his 80's--is bed ridden--  He  told me that he is going to propose to his housekeeper who comes in daily to tidy up his house-and she has 3 children UNDER 12 yrs-- Lord love a Duck!--  I hope the poor woman tells him  as it is--- I mean--refuses his offer--  I just kept my mouth shut, but I wonder what is happening with all these senior citizens-- and their minds--???-- Do you suppose it has anything to do with the fast food places all around us?

To-day  is "hair day--which teaches me that one can't control  everything-- 
Get out there and  have the best day ever! --- We will never have this day again--  Let's make  it a happy, great one!-

22 comments:

  1. Goood job, Lopez! Buckets of rain this morning and Miss Lilly would have NOTHING to do with going out in it. **SIGH** This morning was my morning to get out of the house by 7 am for my mammo, naturally! The rain FINALLY slacked off just before I was to leave for my appt. and she went. Little dickens!

    Happy to hear Himself is having a good day. They are to be treasured! Yes, it’s very hard, but you do need to be the ‘in charge’ person. I know Mom didn’t like it @ first, but . . . as time went on I saw it as a little bit of a comfort to her . . . not having to make decisions.

    Wow, that’s all I can say about your older brother. **SIGH** Goodness. Well, she’ll have her head about her and things will go as they’re supposed to.

    Hugs and cherish the good day!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how they don't like to be told swat to do--- Lopez says hello too Miss Lily too-Lynda

      Delete
  2. Its a good day! Fred is good and Lopez is good, for now. Yep, you have to be bossy to keep Fred safe. He's spunky in spite of his limitations. I like that he cooks...within limits...he'd likely cook for twenty instead of 2.
    Thats an interesting comment out of your brother. Not sure if he's kidding or serious. We'll see how that goes.
    Enjoy your hairday. Freedom for a bit.
    Make it a great day. Play your newly tuned piano later today. We all love it when you do.
    Be safe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy--all these old guys thinking they can attract a woman ?--And why would they want to do that?-- LOL_-I'll keep yu posted--Oh--=and I was playing the piano just now--Lynda

      Delete
  3. So happy Himself is doing great! It's all the positive thoughts from your followers. Well, partly anyway.
    It rained here quite a bit the last couple days. Still mostly cloudy now. Will probably get more rain later this afternoon.
    Lopez is doing well, too. Hopefully, Beau and Sushi are well, too. I know you'd say if they were not.
    Enjoy getting away for your hair appointment. That's a bit of relaxation you really need.
    Does Himself clean the kitchen after he cooks? I kinda doubt that...that may be what Sadie does. ;-) {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No--He cleans the kitchen--- well, I help him too-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Glad you have had a couple of good days with Himself! And bless little Lopez's heart! What a good boy! And I am sure you were happy to hear from your brother - even though he was talking nonsense! I can't kick up my heels like your poster showed - have injured my sacroiliac joint and my left hip is really hurting. Been sitting on a heating pad! Happy hair day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you get to kick up yet heels too -- Lynda

      Delete
  5. Very happy for the good rain. Awww, sweet Lopez. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lopez really is sweet--BUT A LOT OF WORK--- LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Hi! Glad you are getting rain! Won't he use a walker? I live in a community of mostly elderly and my dear friend and neighbor who is 89 and has terrible rheumatoid arthritis uses her walker religiously and she gets about everywhere. She keeps one IN the garage to transfer to it and then one in the house. I told her she's a good role model and that when I need that I will religiously use one JUST like her. Falling a breaking something is way worse than learning to be a bit humble. And she religiously uses her hearing aids, why won't he? I can't understand that! LOL :) He really needs to get out and see people, and that should help tremendously with his dementia, I would think. I suppose you've already tried, but my two cents...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so much better when he does get out-- I will use a walker also when the time comes-- And I would wear the Hearing Aids also--Crazy man eh?-Lynda

      Delete
  7. Oh my, glad you had some rain though. And some good days. And getting your hair fixed up. Boy, that brother talk, but it’s a common thing for old folks, too. They don’t realize they can’t have a last hurrah !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor brotherveh?--I wonder how it went-Lynda

      Delete
  8. Hope you're enjoying the rain while you have it. I'm thinking about dragging out the hoses and soaking the lawn over the weekend, as rain sure is not in the forecast here. Hang in there, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was dry here too-now top much rain-Lynda

      Delete
  9. Hope all goes well while you take some well deserved time for your hair. I agree it would do himself good to use a walker and get out with you and see some people. It's pouring here right now - guess it's the pee pad tonight here. And hopefully tomorrow will be another good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer dog uses that Pee Pad?--Lopez used to--Lynda

      Delete
  10. Glad you are getting a break and having a couple of good days. That kind of gives you a break. Hugs, hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have had a lot of rain this summer and our trees in the back yard have gotten so tall that I have a tree man coming in a few weeks to clean them out. Our bushes also have gotten so out of hand that he is going to remove some, replace and trim some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day at a time, trying to have good days. Hugs to you! ~Alicia363

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!