Sunday, August 21, 2022

Different ways to run away-

I feel like  running away--but--where on earth would I go?--I could go to London to visit the Queen---but--I know that is out of the question--She has not invited me--AND, being a Senior citizen, that trip is completely not affordable-And if I ever could go somewhere, what would happen to Sushi, and to Beau--?  They would miss me terribly---  Wee little Lopez would finish devouring  the rug in the living room for sure! So----I guess the best I can do, is dream ----and to tell you the truth, I don't believe I can even dream of a real place I'd rather be, than right here.

I wish I had a million dollars however---If I did, I'd not worry as much as I do, trying to keep the bank books flowing smoothly--I might  hire someone to cut down a few trees that are too close to the house---maybe turn this place into a B@B---but--then I'd have to get rid of Sadie, the cleaning Lady, who is really me---and hire full time help----also hire a full time gardener (who presently is  me also-)-- so, what would I do in my spare time?--well, maybe then I could go to London to visit the Queen--

So, if you could run away, where would you  go?---It sounds good--Maybe we could go to  a desert Island?---  You know , once, a long time ago, Himself and I, with children, went to the Dominican for a vacation-- They had "day trips"---  Himself and children decided to take a jeep trip up into the mountains--I went on a sail boat , which was advertised as going to a deserted island in the middle of the sea, and we could swim with  some kind of fish. Now to me, that was a dream come true-- I had visions of  no-one --on this island--and I could see myself (in my head)- lolling around and loving the peace and quiet-

Well! From the moment they bussed me to the sail boat, it was a complete disaster- The bus was hot and had so many people on it, one could not sit down-- I managed to get on the sail boat and the drinks flowed like there was no to-morrow-- That created another problem, as there was  no washroom--only a bucket which one had to straddle out in the open-- I thought, "Oh well, not to worry, because, soon we will be on the deserted island"--Then a thunderstorm struck as we were approaching the island- where at least 60 other sail boats were  sitting off shore--

They did manage to motor boat us ashore to the supposedly Deserted Island--with all the other boats taxiing people to shore-- It turned out of course, the island was about 130 degrees--no breeze  --no where to sit on the sand--no wash room-- and we were left there  for hours and hours-- It was just a terrible experience and I was never so glad to get off that so called, "Deserted Island"--and head back , by bus, to our hotel--

I realized after that experience , there is no such thing, in this world , as a "deserted island"-- Well, maybe in story books, like Robinson Crusoe--- It exists only in one's head--and peace and quiet  can be where ever you want ---walking thru the bush----or, in your own back yard--

Maybe "running away" can be in your head too-- and that can even be better ! ---maybe just sit down and dream --That sounds good  to me!----


 

14 comments:

  1. It's great when we can 'day dream' Lynda. At this stage of my life, I've no yen to run away but if I did, I'd want to run away to live beside water, preferably a lake. Oh hey, isn't that where you live, by a lake? :)

    Nah, I'm fairly content right where I am but all the same, day dreams keep our spirits up at times.

    Love and so many hugs coming to you & Fred and your fur babies xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sail boat trip made me laugh - just 2 weeks ago I was on a catamaran boat that took us out to snorkel in Cancun......they put us on a smaller boat to get to the coral reef. It was a disaster for me as I swallowed a ton of salt water when jumping in and my stomach immediately began to cramp. There were tons of other little boats moored there and lots of other people! I tried to snorkel, but ended up going back to the little boat with the captain - who realized I was struggling. (how embarassing)! That boat was rocking and rolling with the waves which made me feel worse. By the time we motored back to the catamaran sail boat, I was sick as a dog and everything I had in my stomach left me (trying to say this politely)! It was the worse trip ever - so I can relate to your desert island trip!

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Lynda, I have had my angiogram and now waiting for my next test, an arterial CT scan. So far so good. As for running away I guess that may be partly why I read so much. I can escape to anywhere in a book. Right now I am in the midst of the 1098 Crusades. Makes me really appreciate just being here where I am. No matter what lies on the other side of the fence we must remember the grass is not always greener over there. Even the Queen has had her share of heartache. Life is tough but we are tougher. Hang in there. Pet a furry, watch the hummingbirds, play the piano and above all keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Lynda, your deserted island story is a nightmare. Good Lord, I'd want my money back LOL
    Sometimes I want to run away but like you, I have nowhere to go. I also don't have money to run away. I do dream about winning the lottery. Its fun to dream.
    Enjoy your hummingbirds, your piano and your beautiful big home. It would make a great B&B lol but a ton of work. You'd definitely need a staff.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, Lynda!! There certainly is NO Utopia…every place, even the most seemingly perfect place on Earth isn’t what it’s cracked up to be!
    Happy Sunday to you…❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I feel like running away right now - had my 2 grandsons overnight ages 2 and 3 1/2, both diagnosed high on the autism spectrum which makes them go from thing to thing! I'm exhausted right now. I would go to a secluded cabin in the woods with no phone, no internet, and no people. Just me, Daisy and maybe I'll let my husband come along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get that way from time to time also, typically in the middle of winter when we're surrounded by ice and snow. I always want to go back to (what I experienced then) as the Garden of Eden - Hawaii, in 1994. My mom and I went on our dream vacation, and everything, but everything, was just perfect. Can't go back there now though, even if I could. These days, I'm heat intolerant, among other things. No, I just go there in my mind.

    Hang in! Why not journal? Dream of your perfect vacation, and write it down, step by step. In your journaling, it can be as perfect as you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boat trip sounds awful! I would have had a panic attack for real! Home is where the heart is for me! I am a recovering agoraphobic the last five years. I feel most comfortable at home and covid has slowed my progress down the past couple of years. Hoping to soon fully recover when it’s safe to go places. Whenever that will be. Hang in there!:) Hugs, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww, glad that you can’t even dream of a real place you’d rather be than where you are at! Yeah, dreaming is fun, though. Ummmm . . . sounds like a ‘deserted island’ isn’t the way to go, though! Yikes.

    Hope you have a peaceful Sunday!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy Lynda, perfectly normal to want to dream to run away. Every caregiver dreams that at times. Even new mothers of babies want to do that, just to finally get some real rest for a change. You have no time to relax. And that one day, Lopez got sick, so you could not even do that then. No rest for the weary. Sorry you are going through this now. Doctors are not helping you at all. You are doing your best, hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an experience!! Glad you made it through!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In my head is where I run away to...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It most definitely is in the back of my mind. Running away, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I would love to run away, at least for a while, but I'd need a lot of money. I'd choose a nice little island and rent a 5+ star hotel with everything included. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!