Monday, August 15, 2022

Himself has gone to the eye DR--The house is very quiet!


 Well, I shall try-- Hopefully I don't change my mind! ----  OK---  This morning, I got Himself all ready, as he has an eye appointment in Sudbury--at the Ophthalmologist. Son#3 is driving him.   I felt so sorry for him, as he has not been out of town for about 3 yrs-- and he was nervous!--And his clothes are all too large. I must work on buying him some new jeans etc etc-- He keeps telling me that he is shrinking-- and he really is. He told me this morning, not to buy new DUDS, as he will just keep on shrinking--and then eventually he will just vanish--  Now isn't that so sad?-He worries a lot about  "just vanishing."

So, it's just Lopez, Beau, and I at home here, and Sushi- It seems so quiet.  We have a sunny day, and I'm sure it will get hot this afternoon. I can feel the crunch, however, in the air-which means fall is in the air.-

I walked down a hallway this morning, and there was Queen Elizabeth just coming out of a bedroom-- She kinda scares yu when yu see her as she is life-size--and I forget all the time where I have put her--The only problem is, she doesn't talk to me--I always say, "Oh hello  your majesty"--but--she never replies! 

So, the house is very quiet- Can you believe that I miss Himself "chewing" at me-- bossing me around-- Just knowing he is not here in the house is not nice--It feels weird!-- 

Do you like cows?--  Did you know that a cow has 4 stomachs? I read that in my book-"All creatures great and small."
Enjoy yer day---- and if you do see the Queen, maybe she will invite yu to tea--Please tell her that I'm waiting to hear from her-


10 comments:

  1. Good morning Lynda, Just caught up on the blogs. We recently adopted a full grown Red husky. Dinozo was rehomed several times before us and it is very hard for dogs. He must have been mistreated by some of his former owners. He has been here a few months and this will be his forever home. I hope that Lopez settles down. ((Hugs) Patrisna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that Son #3 is driving Himself to his eye appointment. Awesome for you to have some time . . . alone!

    ((((HUGS)))) Hope that Himself has a good experience being out w/son #3. Hard to reassure him that he won’t disappear/vanish!

    OH MY GOODNESS! James Herriot’s All Creatures Great and Small is one of my all time favorite books and series on our PBS station.

    HUGS and enjoy your quiet time, even though it feels odd!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have a day to yourself with no one making comments about what you are doing. Hope all goes well for him and son #3. Should be interesting. You need to somehow reassure him that he won't vanish - perhaps another doctor could reassure him! Have a good day before summer disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the "All Creatures Great and Small" series! "All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all." written by Cecil Francis Alexander. That's the first verse. It was also a tv series. I watched that, too.
    Cows and horses have the most beautiful eye lashes!
    Himself will be fine...you know that. His son will take great care of him.
    Maybe you will get some down time to nap, play piano...or get stuff accomplished.
    Yes, I believe it will be an early fall. Still haven't checked the Farmer's Almanac. Will do that now.
    Enjoy the quiet...or blast your favorite music.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda. I'm sure it feels odd to be home alone. #3 will take good care of Fred. Fred will likely enjoy the outing even if it is for a Dr.. apt.. Awww Fred thinks he will vanish. People do get smaller as they age.
    I think its funny that you forget where you put the Queen.
    I hope you can relax a bit and enjoy your alone time with the fur kids. Turn up the music and dance...Ferris Buehler day off style lol
    Be well and safe
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the eye appointment goes well for Himself. May be a good thing for No.3 to be alone with his Dad! See how he is doing, mentally and so forth. Who knows what the future holds? So it is not just you telling things. Take care, I know it feels strange, so you really won’t use the free time as you might have thought. Worry does that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's hoping for the best for Himself's eye appointment, and for your own "quiet house" day. I am thinking I need to write a blog... it's been a week. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reassure Himself he will not just vanish.....you would not let that happen. Glad he got to go somewhere with one of the boys, even to a dr. appt which should have given you a day to play the piano and enjoy not having to worry about anything....but I see where Lopez caused you anxiety...........hope he is recovered.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!