Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Live to-day as if it is your last-


 "Live each day as if its your last"---don't we all try to do this?---  stuff gets in the way most of my days-- and I forget that I am not here forever----

It is the last day of August--To-morrow is September--Hopefully the hummingbirds will leave soon now--The leaves will fall eventually-- Oh , I can't go there yet---

It has finally cooled down somewhat--I am happy that I survived the summer gardening--and I enjoyed it--It made me think about all the work involved in the summer which I complain about (in my head of course because no-one really cares to hear a complainer)--  Sandra , in her comments in my blogs, said she enjoys all the extra work involved with  her outside work--that it gives her something to do, as she lives with her cats---lost her husband fairly recently-- I decided that I should adopt her attitude-"-Live each day as if it's my last"

Well, I found a business which will give foot care to Himself- I am driving him there this afternoon-- That will also give him people to talk to and help him feel a part of the outside world-

So that is my day--well, I am going to garden a bit--Sadie  (who is really me)-will be here to dust the study---I shall try to be mindful  of my attitude to-day--Lord love a Duck--I shall try to "live" to-day--as if it is the last--What if it really was?-- -


-

10 comments:

  1. That is my motto, too! Love and Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh so happy we are the same--*S*

      Delete
  2. Where did August go to ???? Seems like we just flipped the calendar to August. **SIGH**

    Oh my! Glad you found a foot care place for Himself. Hope all works well. That will be good for him (and you!)

    HUGS and enjoy today!

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. August is over.
    Yes, yard work gives you something to do BUT ...lol. poor Sadie and the yardwoman. Both have a lot to do.
    Glad Fred will get out Today! Buy bananas too lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The perfection of character is this: to live each day as if it were your last, without frenzy, without apathy, without pretense." Marcus Aurelius
    How I love quotes from famous people. We can learn a lot from them. Then we can pass on the wisdom.
    BTW, did you know that, " knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."
    Great that Himself will have help with his feet...and new people to talk to. Socialization is an important part of health as we age.
    I try to keep a positive attitude, too. It is important, though, not to 'beat ourselves up' if life gets to us and we lose our good attitude for a time.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found a place to take himself to get his foot care. After my dad died my mom found this lovely community center where she was able to get all kinds of help - and it was in her neighborhood. That place saved me so much time and effort! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that saying. And it really is true that we never know if a day will be out last. Glad you found a foot place to take himself to. Will be good for him to see and talk to others. May make his moods better. It's depressing that summer is pretty much over. Hate winter! Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs! Great attitude, and so good you found that business that does foot care for Himself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping the foot care place was good and gentle. Hard to find. I even bought bananas today, ordered for delivery tomorrow, haven’t had any in a long time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the temps are finally cooling down, yay! I hope the foot place is great. You both should have some foot pampering.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!