Monday, April 11, 2022

Life is a Beautiful Mess-sometimes!

 

This morning  I could not find my cell phone--"INSTANT PANIC"-first time ever that has happened! -- I called it and did not hear it ring--searched the car--the purse-- many times-- Finally, after calling it with the house phone, up in our bedroom, I could hear a faint ring--It sounded so far away--

-- After running over and over upstairs and downstairs-- I was pretty sure it was somewhere in the bedroom--and, as it turned out, it was covered with the Duvet  on our bed.  It is a terrible feeling when you think it might be anywhere--in town--maybe I dropped it outside--- and all I could see in my mind were dollar signs--It is such a relief that it is now where it should be--in the kitchen. ---

-and just as I was going to take little Lopez out for his walk, it began to pour--an icey rain--He is such a trouper, ---He ran beside me up the road with all the ice pellets coming down on our faces--- He finally did his business, bless his heart.- It took me forever to warm him up, when we got back into the house.


One more job I had to do, this morning, was trim Himself's hair-- He was beginning to look like the "old man of the Mountain" as Mom used to say-- This is a man who would never allowed me get near him with scissors, but now, he just sat there as I snipped here, there and everywhere, and  now, he does look better. 
 Too bad I never took  "Barbering " in high school---  too bad I never studied  "Car maintenance"--  or "Shop" or "Wood working"--"Engine repairs" might've been helpful too, as weed whackers cause me so much trouble in the garden.  I remember having to take Home Ec., and we had to make an Apron, which took me forever, and then Mom had to redo it for me, as my apron making was just a disaster---

---Son #3 and his family are somewhere in Hawaii on a vacation---The time change is so different than here, which makes it hard to communicate with them-

Here are their 2 girls , before boarding the plane-our granddaughters--

It has been a busy morning--  Oh--We are almost out of bananas----which means, to-morrow might be "the day" to get more-- 

The weight is the same--182 --from 217---  but---  it will go down--- the summer clothes are "on the wing"--

Kailua Beach in Hawaii----  This picture is one we took when there--- It reminds me  of what is to come here, soon-- I shall keep this picture close, to help starve off  the  sugary bingers.


11 comments:

  1. Soooo glad that you found that phone! Oh my, that induces a lot of panic!

    Little Lopez looks like he’s snug as a bug in a … blanket. Bet he was cold after your sojourn outside, too.

    Good that Himself would let you trim his hair!

    Hope son #3 and family are having a wonderful time in Hawaii! Hawaii is so beautiful! And warm!

    Hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture of your granddaughters. They are so lucky to be on vacation especially in Hawaii. Take care in the icy weather that you are still having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being able to locate your cell phone causes panic. So glad you found it.
    There is no end to your jobs....now its barber lol. No doubt Fred looks better. Yes, too bad we didn't have courses in fixing mechanical things. Your apron sounds like a skirt I had to make. It was a horrible elastic waist disaster. Would not have even worn it to bed lol
    Lucky family off to the beauty and warmth of Hawaii. Sure wish you were able to go. For now, enjoy your picture and warm memories.
    Is it EVER going to warm up at your house?

    Yep, summer clothes are coming so no snacking on junk.
    Be safe outside wwll inside too.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hawaii was amazing! I'm so happy my son had me go with them. We were at Hapuna Beach State Recreation area on the big Island! A memory I will cherish...my son, daughter-in-law and grand kids on their boogie boards!

    I still have 3 bananas, but I'd better eat them quickly!

    Sorry you still have icy rain! That's hard on our fur babies and ourselves. Here it is sunny and 52F.

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you found your phone. Nice of you to get the haircut done. Easier to care for shorter hair. Nice pictures of son’s vacation. Where we used to live in mountains of California, big snowstorm going on. Nice, fresh snow. They need it, horrible drought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Busy Lady...Spring will surely come and that beautiful lake of yours will soon be used for summer activities...hard to believe when you are out in icy rain, I’m sure. A get away to Hawaii sounds nice...your lovely granddaughters will definitely enjoy the climate change! Your weight loss is awesome...keep up the good work! Take care of you ...your FL Spark friend, Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be in a panic if I lost my phone . . .it is the same sinking feeling you get when you can't find your wallet, ATM card or checkbook when you know you just used it recently.
    We went and got our 2nd boosters this morning then out to lunch at a place that was on Food Networks Diners Drive ins and Dives. It was good food and we hardly even eat out or go anywhere especially in the last couple of years so I really enjoyed myself.
    Sunshine and just about 60 today. . . feel like Spring is in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness. It doesn't matter WHAT we have mislaid, it leads to panic! Glad you found the phone. My goofy story of that sort was last week. I could not find my N95 mask when I got to the car after the dentist. Went back inside, the counter girl tried to help, we came up empty, I told them if they should cut the loops and pitch it (cut the loops to protect wildlife that might encounter it in the trash). Then when I got home? It was in my sweatshirt pocket... I had not mislaid it after all!

    Here's to feeling fit and light heading into warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so awful when you can't find your cell phone. Your whole life is there and there is no way to communicate with anyone even the phone company to hold the service if you've got rid of your home phone! Icy rain - yuk. Poor Lopez as well walking in it. I heard there is some major storm coming to Manitoba and northern Ontario this week that involves lots of snow. Hopefully it's further north than you - it's too late to get more snow! Nice for son #3 and family to be in Hawaii. Now you can add barber to all your jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful does Hawaii sound right now? We're going to get hit with a rain/snow mix the couple of days. My little man refuses to do his business if it's raining. Poor little Lopez.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you found your cell phone...I do that and David calls me til I
    find it..lol...usually in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!