Saturday, April 30, 2022

Dreams don't work unless you do--

It's the weekend--AND--the sun is shining--and it's fairly warm outside-- AND --there are robins everywhere trying to get food from the lawn. They seem to be "eying" the property trying to decide where to build their nest. 

We are so fortunate that the snow and winter , is behind us! I have not heard  the geese flying over. They usually wait until they are sure there will be open water before they arrive.--  The lake is not open yet--It is open in town but only along the shore out here. We live north of the town---

I heard that rain is in store for to-morrow , so I shall buy bananas to-morrow--maybe rake some more to-day. 

The above picture was taken last evening at dinner time. both dogs were under Himself's feet --BECAUSE HE WAS FEEDING THEM----- They don't sit under my chair --BECAUSE I DON"T GIVE THEM TABLE SCRAPS---- Himself tries to throw food at them under the table, thinking that I won't see them. It seems pretty obvious what is happening doesn't it?--LOLOL

Can yu tell that it has not been an easy morning with Himself--?--He does not appreciate my guidance --(For the life of me , I don't understand why!--LOLOLOL--)---Oh well---  I do the best that I can do--Yu know, I remember my Mother telling me strange things that my Dad was doing, and I never believed her-- (same as my kids!)-After Mom passed, Dad DID DO strange things--like calling the mayor as he felt his house was too hot and he wanted the heat turned down in town--and thinking the operator on the phone was a real person and getting angry at the recording--  I believe Mom now---  many years too late! -So, life goes on----There is so much to think about-- and be grateful for ----and--it is the wonderful weekend--



 
 

14 comments:

  1. Hurray for the return of the robins. And hope this is indeed the end of old man Winter!

    OH LOL! The things that Himselfs think they can pull on us. **SIGH**

    Ah, sometimes it is hard to understand something unless you’re living it. And living through it is no picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day the best way you can. It is like having a big kid around the house. Happy your Robins are back. Our Cardinals are setting up nests, Blue Jays already had one brood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see the birds back. The wrens and finches have been checking out our birdhouses. DH mowed the grass yesterday. April showers bring May flowers so let's bring on Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds are getting very noisy around here! I see and hear the geese and ducks... so I'm betting it won't be long for you. We do have an issue with bird flu down here. It has hit not just flocks of domestic chickens (and backyard flocks, not just commercial ones), but the wild birds, too. So sad... but still, there seem to be a good number of them thriving, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring is finally here, but some days its feels like summer. I enjoy hearing all the birds around. We have several different bird families that build their nest in our trees. It's nice to her all the singing.

    It can be frustrating when he doesn't listen or seem to care about your opinion. Just remember it's not him doing that, it's the illness. I guess patient is all you can be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry you have trouble with him, but at least you still do have him.
    The photo of the dogs is cute!
    I gotta buy bananas soon...but meantime eat up the ones that are almost gonna be overripe.
    It's warmer here, rain on and off...no snow, but I really need the sunshine...vitamin D, yo know.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. They love the hand that feeds them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOPING winter really is over for you. Glad you're seeing birds.
    The pic of Fred with the dogs...cute....he's not fooling anyone.
    Hang in there dear Lynda. Some days will be difficult and very challenging. Try to remember this isn't Fred; its his illness.
    Take exceptional care of you. Play your piano. Try to focus on the blessings.
    Hugs dear Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the one who gives table scraps to my Daisy - she knows not to even ask her dad. I'm glad you are having a nicer day. It's raining here all weekend but it's actually kind of nice to know I can just stay inside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned a long time ago about giving pets table scraps. I had a dog that was allergic to so many things, I even had to read the ingredients label on her dog food regularly to make sure they didn't change it. That happened often. My last dog didn't tolerate corn and that added to her weight problem, she was 20 pounds underweight when I got her and didn't start gaining until I found a food without corn.
    As long as the amount Himself gives them does not keep them from eating their own food and you know it won't hurt them I would choose not to make this one of your battles.
    Have a good rest of your day
    Beth Mosko

    ReplyDelete
  11. (((hugs))) I will be without my computer access starting tomorrow morning for 5-7 days but will check your blogs upon my return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope things are going to start g.etting a bit better with himself. But you still need to look for help. Glad lots of birds finally showing up. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very happy the weather is finally changing, woohoo! Beautiful photo. Have a peaceful evening. Good bye April, Hello May.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a lot of Robin right now and they're all looking foItr a place to put their nests. It's great to see them back again so there's hope that the weather really will warm up.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!