Thursday, March 28, 2024

Strong is beautiful !!

Doncha jess wish we could go outside and pick a large bunch of  of flowers??  One day--and soon, I hope!  Spring must be just round the corner---- To-day I am going to pick up some bird seed at the pet store-- Everyday I see more birds at our feeder--

Lopez has been out--with me-We "hoofed " it up the road-There is a light dusting of snow, and it is cold!--I have to admire Lopez, pitter patting over the ice and  stones in his little bare feet, beside me, up the road--These wee Chihuahuas are a different type of dog--  Last night, when I was ready to go upstairs to bed, he began to growl at me--I knew he did not wish to come up with me, and he wanted to stay---in his crate in the living room -so, I closed the door to his crate, and went upstairs to bed --You see, he has a crate in the living room, AND , a crate upstairs beside my bed.

It did feel strange to leave him in the living room crate--  but----  in about 10-to 15 minutes-- I heard him howling --so, down I went, and this time,  no growling--He was happy to see me--and, I picked him up, carried him upstairs , and he crawled into the crate beside my bed and lay down and went to sleep--He seems to have a mind of his own, and is determined to do things on his own time--- Shepherds are not like this at all--Lopez is a whole different "kettle of fish"---kinda a bit like "Himself"---

It is HAIR DAY--and because to-morrow is a holiday I do have a few errands to do in town--


Do you have big plans for this Easter weekend?---and-if so-- is it a trip to some exotic place?--I hope to just survive the weekend-- Funny how your life changes when one is "over the hill", as Dad use to say--When I say, "survive " the weekend, I mean, get to read my book, go for groceries, and just be happy---hopefully not have to push snow around--be kind to  people I meet---'specially little older Ladies,--and to respect Lopez who  has his own mind---and to Himself, who is a bit that way also--
-AND--come to think of it, hopefully I can keep on walking past the chocolate rabbits in the stores--and--the ice cream, which is not good for my heart--
                                                    I hope to make to-day a priority day--
                                            Forgive people , and pets, who try to live life  in a different way-------hard eh?--Lots to think about---but---it is a whole new day-----AND----- "WE ", because we are strong, are  alive and,  a part of TO_DAY___




--
 

16 comments:

  1. What a great pep talk with which to start the day! Don't we all just have those minds of our own? Lopez, Himself, You, and Me!

    Preparations continue as the time gets closer for the arrival of Ember. Day by day the circle of people who know it's going to happen widens. And every day we have "chores", don't we?

    Hope that Winter hurries on its way so that Little Lopez won't have chilly paws much longer!

    Hugs - Barb (OKM)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb--Is Ember a new kitten??-- When?--Exciting if it is--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Lynda, I said I'd comment earlier today. Did you even see my comment late last night?
    Great memes, as always.
    Lopez is a good boy. Just like all of us, he has to take care of his own needs first.
    Hey, gf! It's sunny here today! Well below freezing, though. There is no snow in the forecast for at least 10 days, and rain on Monday. Maybe, just maybe, spring is sprung!
    Just chillin' today. Need to exchange something at my favorite store. They have a restaurant, too, and are offering a large breakfast for very little money. I might get that.
    The man tried to fix our broken washer yesterday. It is still out of order. We're down to one washer for 30 apartments. Every time, it seems, I pass the laundry room, someone else is washing.
    That's what I may be doing this weekend while lots of residents are celebrating with family.
    I am never bored with my own (and Lucky's) company. There is so much I can do...kindle books, games on the PC, tv, chores, napping, eating good food, visiting with whomever is around, etc.
    Now I am off to that store. Trusting the four of you will have a wonderful day that's just what you want: productive, restful, whatever...{{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is terrible about the washer - Hope it's fixed by now-=- You are so good -always busy and happy --It was a good day here but still very cold outside--I don't mind that however--got a few groceries to-day and looking forward to a wee holiday tomorrow--Hugs--- Lynda

      Delete
  3. Good morning, Lynda! Enjoy your outing and hair time. Get a tiny chocolate rabbit. They are so cute and only come out once a year. It is sunny and 36 in Ohio. Yes, little dogs have a big mind of their own. I know exactly what you mean. My older yorkie stands at the family room gate as I go down after dinner to get on my laptop and rest. She just stands there. I get on the couch all settled and she barks to come down. She is 8 and still doing stuff like that. There is Tommy who is 11 months. My, oh my, I have awhile to see those big minds in action. Lol They bring so much joy but gosh, they are high maintenance. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cold here to-day---no un--BOO HOO--but--it really was nice to get ou-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Yes! Strong is beautiful.

    Happy Easter!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda: My dog is like Lopez. She has a mind of her own and will do things the way she wants! Have a good visit at the hairdresser. Hopefully soon it will be nice enough to pick flowers. Can't wait for good weather! Get a small bunny for easter! Have a good night. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda--cold to-day bu nice to get out--lynda

      Delete
  6. Howdy! It's Marti. My plans for Easter are simple. Make two containers of Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes and then drive about 10 minutes away up the hill to my cousin in law's for Easter dinner, and she's ordered food in from City Barbecue. My bf John is invited over to his folk's place, and then they are going to have a talk about the condo that he will be vacating on Saturday night. We finally had an agreement that while he may not be done bringing things, he WILL be here to live for good, he can always drive back and forth until they sell the place, and get whatever it is he feels still needs to come here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that sounds like a plan Marti--so--he will move in --sounds good to me-Lynda

      Delete
  7. Hi Lynda, great motivation from you this morning. I always enjoy your inserts and positivity.
    Sounds like Lopez is boss of you and the house. He's a rascal. And yes, he does things his way in his time. He's not done training you yet lol.
    I hope your snow is OVER.
    I'd love a bouquet of daffodils, lilacs anything from the yard. We do have daffodils blooming but they got frost tipped earlier in the week.
    Sunny and pleasant in St.Louis today. Birds are chirping happy chords...if they'd just quit pooping all over my front porch sigh.
    Enjoy hair day. If you don't buy junk it won't be in the house to tempt you. I try to do that. There are a few things here for my himself and sometimes I get into them. I don't buy ice cream nor candy as I'd eat it.
    Stay positive and strong, sweet, kind and loving.
    Hugs and blessings
    Marge in St.Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marge--Yu have daffodils?--Oh my--- only snow and cold today---here--Yes Lopez is am imp for sure--kinda rules the roost--Lynda

      Delete
  8. It's Kathy. I thought I had gotten to your blog but then I checked. I'm glad I did. I also want a quiet weekend, time to read my book. One of these days little Daisy needs a bath. She also has a mind of her own these days! Hopefully our snow will melt soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy-- I thought I'd best check to see if I missed anyone--and here yu are--Funny--Daisy needs a bath--and so does Lopez--Isn't that funny?--- I hope your day goes well--Hugs, Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!