Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Sometimes you have to walk away-

 
Well, I am late blogging and--you can blame it on Sadie, the cleaning lady, who, as you know, is really me--
You see, she was knocking at the door early this morning--  and was bound and bent, to get the living room dusted, furniture moved-- dog hair vacuumed up-- and, she announced that  no matter what, she was going to do it!--and----you know, when Sadie gets a "Bee in her bonnet", come  hell or high water, she is going to do what she  had planned--She told me that it had to be done on a day when it is not snowing--because, when the snow falls, she says , the Lady of the house , (who is really SADIE/Me--)-goes outside for hours and hours trying to clean it up---
Sadie is a good soul however--

That is what I do--a lot-----walk away----from Himself ,--- and from a lot of stuff, and just do my thing---and to-morrow , do one more thing--Everyday there is a lot of nonsense--like-- now taking my blood pressure  morning and night-- The good thing  is, mostly the numbers are the same--so, of course, Himself, who is an "older than old" Doctor, cannot see why this has to be done , everyday--AND TWICE everyday-- and then there is my new Doctor,  "younger than Springtime"--who wants to see all these numbers in 15 days--

"Just do it a couple times a week". Himself says----  "It is crazy  checking the  BP so often--"
and so, I walk away---from all the nonsense---

How is your day going?---I believe it is raining outside here---rain on snow- creates ice----I must buy some salt before I break my neck---Himself is not a fan of "salting sidewalks"--- but, then, he never goes outside-----  "You don't need  to throw salt down", he tells me---I walk away--- because I will buy salt this afternoon--
We all are important---in different ways--for different reasons--No-one ever tells us that--- but--- we are--Every morning , we should stand in front of a mirror and tell that person in the mirror, just how special  she/he is---

We are heading to town this afternoon---I need a trip to the Pharmacy, plus Himself has a list as long as your arm, for fresh bread and  sliced roast beef--(and I saw some bags of salt in the front of that store)--Lord love a Duck! -- I do not but ice cream any more--no sweets-- no G'ale---- but--- groceries nearly cost an arm and a leg anyway--

Remember to be strong-- try to please the people in our lives---- but---walk away , quietly, from the nonsense---always remember   that you  are alive for a reason----and that you really are stronger than you  think---













 

20 comments:

  1. Agreed! Sometimes we have to just do what feels right to us no matter what anyone else says!

    Good for you passing on the sweets. Your body thanks you.

    HUGS
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true Barb--take the bull by the horns and just "do" it--LOl--Lynda

      Delete
  2. Aw man, now you have to take your blood pressure on the sly -- or at least out of Himself's sight. Good to hear the numbers are consistent and not all over the place.

    I thought of you yesterday when I saw that the most popular dog in my state (Washington) is the Chihuahua!

    Hope the grocery run goes smoothly. I thought afternoons weren't the best time for Himself these days...? Make sure you feed him a little something before you leave home so he doesn't start fussing at you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lordy Be --the Chihuahua -- ??--- He is wyeeeeee more work than a German Shepherd-- I do like the little guy but--he is a challenge-and yu are right --afternoons are awful for Himself and of course he came home angry-- Lordy Be!-I never thought of feeding him something--That might've helped--Lynda--

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. My husband had to do that blood pressure checking a couple months ago. Turns out my husband who always had very LOW BP now has to take medication. He believes living with me is stressing him out - he's probably right! I might try that cheese thing with Daisy, but I'll have to start getting up earlier. Today is a beautiful day here in Minnesota. Woke up to the 30's and sunshine (which we've not seen much of for weeks) and it's going to be in the 50's my mid-day. A good day for a Daisy walk! I hope your shopping trip goes well today! Good for Sadie (you) for getting your cleaning done early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yer poor husband--with the BP thing--Happy to hear it was a beautiful day there-that helps doesn't it?--Lynda

      Delete
  4. I so needed to read your blog this mornin!! Thank you so much for helping my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, you are so right with your memes and attitude.
    Sadie showed up early and did a good job for you...that's great.
    All she managed (or her twin) here was washing dishes and straightening up.
    Don't know if you saw my comment last night. It was done kinda late.
    All is better today. I find if I 'let it go,' it works out better than when I fret.
    It's going to be in the mid 50sF (11.666). Still do not understand this crazy weather. It's time for me to look up el nino. (can't do the tilde over the n)
    Lucky wants to play. May not have lunch cuz I was treated to an Arbys breakfast sandwich this morning...a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. It was delicious.
    Am glad my sis doesn't have to deal with snow today without her son or myself there to help.
    Hope your trip to town goes well. You might see if there's not salt, but snow melt stuff that's safe for animals. It doesn't hurt their paws.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything works out --just give it time--- and yes i saw yer late post--felt sorry for yu--sounded like yu were in a panic and I understood-- I appreciate all your newsy messages--No snow fell today--I loved thAt--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Love your "just walk away" attitude! I think it helps keep one sane!
    Hate grocery shopping! Seems like everything costs so much more than it used to! I have been "just walking away" at those things that I used to enjoy buying for myself too! Guess we are just saving money and at the same time being more healthy and maybe on the way to losing a pound or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groceries cost an arm and a leg--I walk past the ice cream and cake now--never used to-Lynda

      Delete
  7. Sounds good to me!! My EP doctor told me once a week or so for BP. Couldn't get my machine working this morning. How's the snow there? Donna_cps2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lordy be-- no snow fell today - That is good! Lynda

      Delete
  8. Hope your afternoon went well. You are amazing and so inspirational AND positive and RIGHT. Just walk away.
    Glad your BP numbers are staying similar.
    Thanks for today's dose of positivity and smiles. You're the BEST.
    SUN out today YAY.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Marge-- I need yu guys to keep me on the straight and narrow--Lynda

      Delete
  9. Hi Lynda: Poor Sadie is so like you - just never wanted to stop working! Buy some of the ice melt as it's warm enough for it to work well. Safe for dogs if you get the right kind and works faster. I took my BP every day for a long time then gave up cuz it never changed much - but I don't think I have any issues in that area. Just don't let himself see what you're doing! As a doctor he thinks he always knows best! Have a relaxing night. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Brenda...don't let him see what you are doing...sneak off to the bathroom. At least he is paying attention to the fact you are checking so often..lol...Himself probably wishes he had never retired..
      Hope you are doing okay and having a good week.

      Delete
    2. Yes Darlene--Himself would go back to work in a flash--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
    3. Yeh--The blood pressure seems almost the same every time I take it--I am happy about that tho--Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!