Thursday, May 26, 2022

A confession as to why I was a late blogger yesterday-


 I might as well confess eh?-- Yesterday was  a silly crazy day---but, in the end, it all turned out well--Yu see, I'm trying to figure out  how to work in the gardening --"Greta" the gardener  sits at the gate now (who is really me!)_ longingly wondering if any day she can come in and  get the grass fertilized and some flowers planted--and it seems that every day Sadie, the cleaning Lady is inside here-(who is really me again!)_So, I try to allow them both to do their jobs , and before I know it, the day is nearly over!-

and, that is not all that happened yesterday--- Himself and I drove into town to get some $$$ at the bank-- with LOPEZ riding in the back seat. I opened my purse to take out my wallet and--no wallet-- In fact the zipper was open to my purse. Lord love a Duck! Instant panic!  You see, Himself rides side saddle , in the passenger seat beside me-- so, he puts my big purse, somewhere , out of his way--AND THE BIG PURSE WAS NOT ZIPPERED!--

I drove all the way back home thinking the wallet must be on the computer table-which it wasn't--INSTANT PANIC---- I just had a feeling however--  a wee voice was sorta screaming saying, "Go look in the car"--  thinking of himself, always trying to figure out where to put my purse so it is out of his way-- well!---  It was on his seat, scrunched down on the edge-

This is a lesson for me! --#1. Always do up the zipper of your purse-#2. Do I really need to carry so many cards in my wallet?-- If this bag is lost, these cards are so difficult to replace. I have removed several--such as , a Birth certificate--a Health car--etc etc 

after all that ruckus, we drove to McDonald's and bought 2 coffee----So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!--

I keep getting calls from agencies , telling me that they will provide various services to help people taking care of Dementia people--- but-- they always want me to go to them to sign up--and--it is so hard to get to these places with himself at home alone-What to do?--What to do?---
=-------my thought for to-day--"Work Hard and Be Nice to People "---  It says it all eh?---  and---  hugs to yu all for looking for me yesterday--Lord love a Duck! --I am always here--You are the high light of my day! 

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Lynda, Your big property is a lot of work.It would surely be nice if all the family who gets to enjoy the water would take turns with the care of the outside. You would still have your hands full inside with general cleaning, Himself, 2 dogs, a cat and all the other jobs like shopping etc. It must have been rally scarey missing your wallet. Happy to hear it turned out well. Try to find a way to sign up for some of the services offered to help with Himself and all your turmoil. You need time to rest & relax too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Willow--- I need 80 hrs in a day eh?--All women do! And yes, I need help-=-kinda had to get too much help tho as all the kids have their own families-- I get up at 5-30am--get to bed by 9 or 10pm---I need a good fairy to come out here-- Lynda

      Delete
    2. I meant to type--"kinda hard"--

      Delete
  2. Morning Lynda: It is so scary when you can't find your wallet or even just your bank card and trying to remember where you last used it. With people asking you to come in to sign up for services - do they not have a website where you can sign up on line. Legitimate organizations should have this as they know people in your situation can't just leave to visit an office to sign up for services. Be careful that whoever you talk to on the phone is a legitimate service. On nice days, let Greta replace Sadie with outside work! Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs, Lynda! Life is so full, and one only has so much energy in any given day. Here's hoping you find the way to spread yours around in this one and only today. Greta and Sadie, and all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That house and yard takes way too much time. May your story cause those younger than us, to downsize before we need to, while we still are able to. You are wearing your self out. All the work you do cannot go on forever. No matter how you feel at the moment. Has Himself had that brain scan yet? I am sorry you are dealing with so many challenges now, all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS an awful feeling when you can’t find your wallet, credit cards, cell phone, etc!! So glad it was located in the car! Great idea to carry as little as possible. Hope you were able to accomplish your tasks for the day as well as carve out a bit of R&R for yourself! You do an amazing job of keeping all the balls from hitting the ground👏❤️‼️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! When I got services for my parents, they came to US for all the paperwork, etc.

    Sooooo glad you found your purse. That is heart rending not to be able to find cards, etc!

    Good luck, hugs!

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh GOSH its so scarry when you can't find wallet. Cell phone, keys, credit card etc. Glad you found it. Sadie and Gretna need to rotate their work days.
    Perhaps....the help agencies could come to you?
    Is it possible for the boys to rotate turns doing the outside trimming and mowing? Each son just do one week. Just an idea. You handle a LOT. HOPE YOU GET HELP SOON.
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you sign up at any of those sites online?
    I hear your panic about your misplaced wallet! Bet we all have done that...I have just recently. Luckily, I always have my phone which has photos of driver's license, insurance card, gpail and samsung pay.
    I am convinced that you work too hard. You need more Lynda time...help for Sadie and Greta. Rotating their days might be a start.
    Good luck, Lynda. Memorial Day here in the US to honor veterans who have fallen. It's become a day to honor all vets. I do not know if you celebrate it there, but if you do or if you don't....still hope you have a marvelous Friday and weekend. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!