Monday, May 30, 2022

Yu will never believe all this--

Everything looks peaceful in the above picture-- BUT-----It has been a crazy morning! --First of all, 2 long "V" formations of geese flew over the house--I could hear them honking  before I saw them----  Then, when I came into the house, Himself said that the furnace light was flashing in the basement----  

"Oh no", I thought---  It only flashes when it doesn't work.--- So, I tried to turn it up--I mean, the heat in the house--nothing happened--  "Well. it's hot outside, so , I'll try the AC-" I said to myself.--It is the same thermostat--nothing--- The furnace was not working-- so, I called our trusty furnace man, who called me back, to say he was out of town and to call someone else--I had just paid this guy $100 to change a fuse in the furnace , maybe a week ago--So, what to do?--Himself does not do well when things break-- He began to tell me to call all the sons-----plus, he then called 2-3 furnace people , and all were busy--told him they might find time next week--I called the guy in the next town--the people who installed the AC unit, 17 years ago ---Himself never liked these people, but---they said they would send out a repairman as soon as possible--AND THEY DID---  AND THE SERVICE MAN, fixed the problem--something about he changed the contact on the AC unit--  and then the fuse worked in the furnace--=and all is well--and when I asked what we owed them, he said, they would send a bill.-So, we now have the AC on and it is very comfortable in the house.--- You see?  A woman  can get things done---  Praise be to God! 

And my reward for doing all this? I was out in the garden, weeding, and low and behold, there was the cutest little black turtle--a baby snapper-- I knew that because his little tail was curled-- His shell was about the size of a 50 cent piece---  very tiny! ---  he was the colour of the black soil in my garden--I picked him up, in the palm of my hand---brought him in to show Himself----then put him back out in the garden. How on earth did he ever get way up here--  about100 ft from the lake?---  He must've just hatched not too long ago--so, his Mom mustve had the eggs up here somewhere around the house-.



The rototiller man was here yesterday to help me with the gardens--  He is 80 yrs --and quite a good fella--I asked him what I owed him and he told me $20 -----  (I gave him more!)--

So----  stay strong ---- and enjoy this day---  Hugs to you all--and let me know about snapping turtle babies-- Should I have put this wee little turtle in the lake?--  I didn't --He hightailed it across the lawn to the gully------ Bug suit wear in in vogue here!--Lord love a Duck!


 

10 comments:

  1. Lucky that the furnace man came right away. I bet the wee turtle was real cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy day to me. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such adventures at your house!
    Glad the furnace guy came promptly. Doesn't sound like it will be expensive. I'm surprised that himself was calling folks. Glad thats handled.
    Got the rototiller guy out and thats done. He sounds like a nice man.
    I think tiny baby turtle will find where he needs to go. Hope so anyway. He was a cute surprise.
    Bug suit..well not a great fashion statement but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.
    Hugs dear lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be afraid to pick up a snapper of any size. They have very long necks and when they bite they snap on and don't let go. I don't know if baby snappers have teeth but I don't want to find out. You are brave and I bet he was really a cute wee thing. Our Mama robin was feeding her babies this morning so they are still safe. Too bad about your furnace. My DH did that work for 35 years before he retired. Never made that kind of money and he always gave 24/7 service. We had to have our garage door opener fixed a couple of weeks ago. I thought there was maybe dirt in the chain but he took the whole thing out and replaced it all. Over $800.00. More than I was expecting. But again what choice do us ordinary people have. Lovely job on the garden. Nice to have a good man to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to get your furnace/ac taken care of. Yes, we women can do wonders! It is so beautiful where you live and how fun to see a tiny little snapping turtle! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to find the tiny turtle! What do they eat when they are so young? Glad you found a furnace, AC guy to come out and fix your problem! And happy you had some Roto tiller help! Praise Lady Luck! Cross your fingers that it all holds and stays working.
    Ethel Merz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a turtle for a pet when I was a preteen. One of those tiny ones that aren't allowed in the country anymore cuz they spread salmonella.
    You got a lot done today! Good for you. We women are strong...if we believe we are and act like it!
    I am glad you have your air quality as it should be now. I am using a bitty fan in my living room and have a bigger box fan in the bedroom. Soon our electric company will be bringing me a new a/c. Mine was determined not to be up to snuff.
    Sigh. I'm sweating...but ya know...I have read that perspiration is good for the skin. It removes impurities. Also, did you know that men sweat, women perspire and ladies glow? {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to get people to help quickly. It's real hot today and tomorrow here and then will be cooler and rainy. Sounds like a real small turtle. Pictures look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you have everything working again. The turtle will likely work his/her way to the lake. We have had a quiet day....Hubs is a retired military and Memorial Day is hard for him to deal with...he lost so many friends ..............

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my gosh. Glad that you got the HVAC system fixed and running. PHEW. Yes, sometimes it takes a woman to get things done. We are cool under pressure . . . THEN we can fall apart when the situation is handled. Well, guess that’s what happens to me, anyhow.

    Awwwww, glad you found that little turtle! They are so cute, aren’t they! Good luck to the little one!

    HUGS and hope it’s a good Tuesday for you!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!