Wednesday, May 11, 2022

I hope You Feel Beautiful To-day.


 My sister sent me this picture yesterday. I remember that day very well. It was taken in a park, at Niagara Falls. My Mom is on the left of my young sister. With her is my Aunt Mabel, with her daughter, Irene on her left. My Mom looks so good there. She was a teacher and a going concern, When I was in school, she developed Addison's Disease, which took forever  for any Dr. to diagnose. I remember, she was in hospital a long time! (it seemed!)- and Dad was in charge of all of us kids. He cooked boiled chicken. We ate the boiled chicken morning, noon and night. I don't remember ever complaining about the chicken--It was just what Dad cooked, and we ate.

Aunt Mabel. and her daughter, lived in Buffalo--  We either picked them up that day, or met them there at the falls. It must've been a cold day in the Spring, by all the coats etc we were wearing. Funny how one picture brings back so many memories. 

I don't know  how I ever got into all that-- but--it really is good to  have wonderful  memories. --AND, I am late posting to-day, as I had to get to town early , to go to the pharmacy , to pick up my eye drops. I have glaucoma --I took Himself with me, as well as Lopez, who has become a good car passenger. --He does not screech anymore--has accepted that when I go into a store, that I will return.

I hope everyone reading this , feels beautiful to-day--in spirit for sure. I only have one life, so I want to live it! -----walking---even 10 minuets keeps my sciatica under control-- and with the right attitude, I know I can move mountains !--- ( so can you!)  LOL


19 comments:

  1. I love seeing your pictures and looking at the clothes bring back memories for me also. Happy to hear that Lopez is settling in. I imagine Himself enjoyed the car ride also now that the weather is warmer, the sun is shining and the trees are starting to bud. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a good morning--Himself does not go in the store--He could--but--- chooses not to--- Lynda

      Delete
  2. Nice picture. Good memories make a happy day. My hyacinths are finished blooming but the tulips are now in full bloom and looking lovely. Sounds like you had a good trip to town enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our tulips--and Forsythia are the only things in bloom Willow-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Beautiful memories and photo! Glad that Lopez has gotten acquainted with you. Quite an unusual disease. I googled it. Thanks. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--It was finally diagnosed--- John Kennedy had the same Disease-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Move mountains...Love it. The Bible says faith is how we do it. So let's have faith that we can move ...whatever.
    I so feel beautiful, thank you. Oh, it's not the same as even 10 years ago!
    Happy Lopez is being good for you. He just needed an adjustment period.
    You have glaucoma...I have macular changes. We keep up anyway.
    Love your old family photos. Precious memories.
    It's hot and humid here in MN today. I love it! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lotza eye drops now too-Lynda

      Delete
  5. I enjoy the family photos very much. The memories help us, when we miss people…..take care. Glad Himself and Lopez had a trip outside. Ethelmerz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from yu--- and-- never get a Chihuahua--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Awww, definitely nice to have those memories, isn't it!

    Glad that Lopez did all right when you went to town w/Himself. Hope the outing did Himself good!

    Here's to a wonderful WEdnesday.

    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The odd thing Barb--=Himself is quite a lot better the past week-- I hope it lasts--but--- probably won't- Lynda

      Delete
  7. Nice memories aside from boiled chicken all the time LOL
    Happy that Lopez is a good passenger. Getting himself out of the house, even for a short while. Is a nice diversion.
    Keep up with the Walking!
    Take care. HUGS ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember the boiled chicken--LOL--=Lynda

      Delete
  8. Good memories. My mom traveled with my younger sister who was a gymnast. When she was gone my dad would fix us bacon and eggs one night, then take me out the next, and repeat! I think he only knew how to make eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny--just like my Dad-- but--it never seemed to bother us-- We just accepted it--Lynda

      Delete
  9. It's good that little Lopez knows what a car ride is. My little man loves going for a ride no matter how long or short it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pula--Do yu have a Chihuahua?=-I can't remember--

      Delete
  10. Glad you are able to get your eye drops. I think I've mentioned before that I, too, have glaucoma, so it seems like my eye drop prescriptions are always renewing. The little bottles only last about a month, and the months just fly by these days.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!