Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Long romantic walks to the frig--???

Spring Flowers-- I had to cover the flowers I planted yesterday, out at the gate-- Frost was predicted but I believe , living by the lake, it moderates our temperature somewhat.  I believe we were maybe 2 degrees above zero-

I walked Lopez early--  sorta 6am--and the birds were chirping--singing--just like in the jungle--  They were very loud! I enjoy hearing them. In the winter, we never hear that! We live very close to the Boreal forest-- where deciduous trees disappear and evergreens take over.---There is a Provincial Park just as you enter the Boreal Forest--The Mississaugi Provincial Park--a very large park with over 100 camping sites on 4 lakes-- 

I have no idea how I got onto all this---Can you tell that I used to be a "Tour Guide" for our city?--

To-day I hope to get out and cut the lawn over the septic bed--Strange how I do all these chores now!-- I never remember my Mom ever cutting a lawn!--I never remember who did it either!-- Do any of you have life changing chores now as you age?--It seems that we women  should be cutting back, but, instead, -more chores come our way.----I take the garbage to the dumpster--  If I left it to Himself, we would have garbage to the roof top--S*---weed whacking -----oil changes, car washes, groceries-----  a never ending list- Mom used to say, "There is no rest for the wicked"--- I could hear her voice drift thru my head just now! 

The weight loss is at a stand still----  I must resume  a healthier eating plan!---

Those walks must stop!---People who love to eat  healthy , are always good people!-- Enjoy the day--- Lord love Duck! We will never have this day again yu know!


 

13 comments:

  1. Fresh air...flowers....sunshine...what a beautiful day! A day to definitely think posiive. Today is mine. I will make it the best day of my life....until tomorrow. Yes, it is so true...a woman's work is never done. But look at all the calories you are burning my dear. And we still have our DH's. We are the lucky ones. Hang in there Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice you got to hear the birds early in the morning. Miss Lilly and I enjoy that, and the sunrise, each morning, too. Glad no frost.

    OH my goodness, YES, I feel fortunate that I observed my Dad and brothers growing up . . . mowing, fixing things, etc. Because, that’s my responsibility most of the time now. But, glad I can do it!

    HUGS and blessings!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. No long walks to fridge for me. Thats a danger zone.
    Your early morning walk with Lopez sounds so nice.
    Oh my YES, its all mine to handle. Glad I'm physically able to handle whatever. The list is long. I no longer have to cut grass as we live in a villa, but I did yard work for 50 years lol
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your morning walk with Lopez sounds nice. And your flowers are very pretty. Re all the work you get to do, I guess the only way to look at it is that you can lose weight doing it all - but you need to be careful you don't overdo it. Since you're not a "spring chicken" any longer! Have a good day. It's sunny here today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny the romantic walks to the fridge, ha ha ha! You do a lot every day. I hope your plants survive the low temps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to cover our flowers over the weekend because we had snow. It's a little bit of crazy weather everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lot of courage and guts, Lynda! Thankful, if you were sick, you all would have to leave and live elsewhere. Even though it is not your fault. We have severe weather moving in, tornado chances, so trying to get things done that require power to be on, first. Just in case.
    Ethelmerz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed at how much you are now doing as you, also, are aging. I am lucky to have married a man 4 years younger than me so he is still doing all those things. Complaining about it - yes, but still doing things! Tonight he even offered to make dinner but instead he is driving me over to my daughter's so I don't have to go alone! I know how lucky I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I walked out into the mist after my workout with the trainer this morning and took in a deep breath... that wonderful Spring smell of fresh rain... or ozone, depending on how scientifically technical you want to get.

    Yes, I have chores. Always chores. But I have to admit to hiring them done more often as I age. Today I hired the bug guys to take care of 4 to 6 wasp nests, and treat the perimeter. I don't have a whole lot of bugs... got rid of the ants, and what he did outside the house should take care of any recurrence.

    Hope the remainder of your day is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to assemble things I order now! Did a recent shelf, drawer set up for my closet by myself...at almost 76 and shaking sometimes.
    Flowers are beautiful, and I'd love to explore that forest.
    Hope this works this time. I did make sure I had allowed 3rd party cookies. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are okay. No posts today. The secret to having someone around to do things...a man who is 11 years younger than me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a lovely day...you have to take care of you too kiddo.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!