Thursday, May 19, 2022

I just love Weekends!


Grateful that I am alive---and not hurting---AND--not crying-- LOLOL----  I suppose too, that I am grateful that yesterday and this morning, I made the time to get out to walk/jog--about 30 minutes--with my music!  The funny thing is, the sciatica that goes down my rt. leg as I crawl into bed at night, was not there last night, and it is not  in my leg this morning--The walking couldn't have helped so soon---- but---who knows?--maybe! ----I think it's attitude--- A wee walk does improve one's attitude--or mine, anyway. And it is even raining! 

It is "Hair Day"---Right now, I feel like I resemble the woman in the picture.---The Hair Lady will help to make me feel better-

This is the May 24 weekend--- the weekend campers used to go camping--With the price of gas, I wonder how many people will be forced to stay home. Do you go camping?-- It would be fun to hear your stories.
 We used to have a 17ft. "Prowler" trailer--and we had 4 children, plus I was very pregnant for son #4 .That was the last summer we dragged it to a Provincial Park.-I remember it had a set off bunk beds at the front of the trailer, and a set of bunks at the rear and whoever was the youngest at the time, used to always fall out of the top bunk in his sleep--Himself began to put all kinds of things  beside him, to block his fall, but, whoever  it was,  always came crashing down in the night. 

Himself, being a Doctor, and from Jamaica, where I assumed there were no trailers, was not good at backing up the 17 ft  thing--Nor was he good at hooking up the septic system to the dump station in the park--Eventually sons #1 and #2., took over the backing up---and the dumping ---The last time we used the trailer, I was quite sure that Son#4  was going to enter the world in a park somewhere south of Sudbury--

I hope where ever you are, whatever the weather, in your area, that you can  remember to laugh--- We don't always have happy memories , but they are our memories that we store away somewhere and pull them out when we need to laugh--  summer is wonderful--  Just think?--No shovelling! 

10 comments:

  1. Good for you getting out for your 30 minutes of walking/jogging w/music.

    OHhhhhhh, hopefully you get through your Hair Day!

    Chuckling here, because my idea of camping is staying @ a Holiday Inn – a tad spoiled I guess! LOL

    Here’s to a good Thursday.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to camp with our parents all over the USA 4 kids and the oldies in a pop-up camper. . . . grand memories. We camped when our kids were young once each year with all the family for a long weekend someplace different each year in NY. . . it expanded and even some of my Moms cousin would join in the fun. . . More great memories. It is supposed to be very hot for May this weekend so I think we will lay low and do little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you don't feel your Sciatica pain! Enjoy having your hair taken care of. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a joy to see the warmer weather again, and the sunshine! Hope your feeling better (from the sciatica) continues... into and beyond the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to camp in a VW bus, until the kids came along. Was fun at the time. Glad you walk. Consider that the sciatica pain comes from those discs in your back pressing on the nerve, so all of your movements can move them away from the nerve, or push them against it. I have trouble if I move sideways quickly, sudden moves. Careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom had me late; she was 40. My dad wasn't in the picture when I was growing up, so we never went camping. Besides, my mom wasn't remotely an outdoor person. Back then, it seems, no parent ever exercised or walked or jogged. She never did that even once. I did go to Girl Scout camp once a year, but was bullied even there - I had a birth defect, so even though I enjoyed it, I had to enjoy it alone. It's warm here, and going to be TOO hot tomorrow - 91. Yesterday it was 69. Degrees, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My ex and I used to camp every summer in the Land Between the Lakes, KY. Pres. Kennedy set aside the land for use for camping and family recreation. We started with a Coleman tent. When our second child was born and me pregnant with the third, we bought a pop up camper, but still used the tent for suitcases, dressing, naps, etc.
    Wonderful memories of fishing (I caught an over 5# catfish from the shore. It was a fighter, and my husband made me reel it in!), swimming, campfires. Sigh.
    Guess what?! We have LILACS! I will go tonight after dark and pick ones hanging on public property over homeowners' fences. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have loads of Roses here...hope to go take a picture before the heat flattens them...would like to update the house photo's.
    We never did get to do any camping, and now we can't w/Davids' health, but I can't swim anyway............lol
    Have a great Friday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to laugh at your camping story about the boys falling out of the bunks and Fred not being great with backing it nor hooking up the discharge.
    I have never camped....ever. I'm the drop me off at the hotel and pick me up in the morning kind of camper.
    Enjoy your hair apt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. We used to take the kids camping when they were small. When we first started camping we had a big tent and then later graduated to a pop up camper which was very nice. Got us off the ground. Later when the kids were grown we bought a 30 foot camper and put it on a permanent spot on top of a hill. It had a kitchen, living area with a pull out couch, bathroom and a bedroom with a walk around bed. It was great. A few years ago we sold it to a friend. What we discovered about camping was that we liked having a camp fire so when we bought this house we put a fire pit in the back yard and sold the 30 foot. Camping is good fun for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!