Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Technology boggles my mind!

It would be wonderful to not have anything to do--to be a child again--to play-----This morning I was dragging furniture around-- trying to get rid of all my art supplies from the study-taking them downstairs to the rec room--and taking the books etc from the rec room, out to the road , with a sign that they are free-- hoping people will stop their car and help them selves to some books--so, I am late blogging-- 

You see, our internet  stops and starts--  It may be because our phones are old--Every room in this huge house has a phone--- some of them are very old phones---  and that might be the problem with the internet and phones going off line-- They might need to be replaced--And, why do we need a phone in every room anyway?----- 

All this moving around stuff began when I did a "download" with the cell phone-- At the end of the download, the cell had a lock on it. --I tried and tried to get the code off, but couldn't-- Finally son#3 the Policeman sent a video on how to take the code off of my cell-- himself was not able to answer the cell phone with that code on it--  Anyway, the code is gone now--

Technology--- Is it just me  or do any of you have problems with  technology?-- Doesn't some of the technology just drive one nuts?--- ----  The young kids are so good at it all--- 

So----  I shall get Lopez  up from his nap--get him down to the dock for a bit--We do have a beautiful sunny day here---


  This is a picture I found in an old photo album this AM--  myself and my young sister---both with ponytails---We were so happy , because Dad was driving us to our cottage in Port Stanley--I remember this---sitting in the back seat of the car----It seems like only yesterday 


 

10 comments:

  1. Technology left us behind! It's a battle to try to keep up with it while for the new generations it's in their every day life. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology...great when it works...but I'm helpless and hopeless when it doesn't work. You have an advantage with tecky kids and grandkids who can fix IT in a minute. Good luck.
    Enjoy your beautiful weather.
    10 inches of rain this morning which caused serious issues with flash floĆ²ds in St.Louis.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not good with technology, either, so no, you are not alone! Glad your DS could help you.

    LOVE the picture. Yes, sometimes it would be nice to be a kid again, but . . . with the knowledge I have today!

    Hope you had a good day.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally hopeless with technology. I hate it when something goes wrong because I can't fix it. And my family that usually looked after it have now passed. So I totally understand. I don't imagine you are on Rogers up there but they have had some significant issues recently. Great picture of you and your sister. It would be so nice to be young again and know about things like technology. Hope you went to the dock with Lopez and relax a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of all this new technology either. I'm lucky to have a husband who's a bit younger than I am and is rather fascinated with it all, but even he can't figure it out all the time. My 3 year old grandson gets it better than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man technology! I guess I’m lucky my sons are computer techs , I would be lost without them. It would be awful if I was alone. Glad your son could help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually still pretty good with the tech stuff, most seniors (and I am one of them) come to me when they have a problem. I guess it was because my job had new tech every year to upgrade and I was always working with new stuff. There is a lot that I won't bother with because I don't need it but not because I can't. I had an cousin that was video chatting up until she past at 98 so I guess it runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once I "get it" with the new tech, I'm good. And I've got lazy as the tech has got better! I used to be fine with the green-screen DOS tech. I even built a blog with writing my own HTML (hyper text m___ language?) But the editing tools have become so good I am lazy, and seldom go that way, but I can read it when I have to.

    Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are not alone....lol....I hate it when the cell company wants me to do updates because it always messes up my phone. We have not had a land line since 2010 approximately. You are lucky you have sons who are up to date on how to fix things like your phone and weed eater and so forth..................if I have trouble I have to text/call my grandson in Kentucky.....he is a whiz.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh at the picture . . . it looked like a black and white selfie from a cell phone

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!