Sunday, March 26, 2023

Dance like a crazy woman--

We got the snow storm---  It was awful---  It feels like 1000 ft of snow fell--and the wind blew-This AM I had to shovel a few Chihuahua trails for the wee guy to do his business---  in his Parka--

AND----then------  Son#1 came over in his big machine--AND PLOUGHED THE DRIVEWAY--It was like God himself sitting in the big Kabuka (or whatever it is called)--to me-- AND he is so sick---  I felt so sorry for him-high fever--I took out some meds for him  from Himself, and a G-'ale ---- 

So there is a God in Heaven hanging around , out here to-day--

My  oldest brother 's son, called me last evening--It was such a pleasure to talk to him--My older brother lives near London, Ontario, and has been trying to manage on his own, in his own home--but-- the 2 sons are going to move him to a Long Term Care Home--  I know it will be the best thing for him, but-- of course he doesn't want to go--In fact, he wants to come here and have me take care of him, (which is not going to happen!)--kinda sad tho--His wife died a few years ago--- and he isn't managing very well on his own--He is the one in the middle--back row--
So, Lopez , is doing a lot better---  now that I know he is so afraid of Himself's cane---  you see, when himself walks in the house, he kinda bangs the cane with each step he takes-- I notice both Beau and Lopez keep their distance of Himself-

Our daughter, and her family, who live in Ohio, was en route to visit the In Laws   south of Medina,  last evening, and were trapped in her vehicle, because of storms all around them--  They had to return home, after spending 7 hrs in their vehicle-- She said the winds were terrible--with a van ahead of them, even blowing off the highway-The weather everywhere has changed so much--Do you find that?--  Here we have more snow than I ever seen-- many storms in other places--  Climate Change has turned Into events now which our children are dealing with--AND ME!


so----here I am again--doling out advice----But, do you find that  there are "down in the Dump days"----then--- the sun comes out--and  good things begin to happen, and you wonder, "Why on Earth did I ever allow that to get to me"-----  All the worrying one does, is just not worth it is it---- because in the end, the world turns out  pretty good anyway--
I hope your Sunday  is spectacular--and if it isn't so far, look in the mirror and tell yourself---


-----AND----- -----------------------------------SMILE------  ----WE CAN DANCE LIKE THIS LADY--- 


 


17 comments:

  1. Hello Lynda, I know I haven't been in here for awhile . I read your post daily and think of you often. I have been dealing with some stress lately. I go into surgery on Thursday to have an aortic valve replacement and there are other problems that could complicate things. So keep me in your thoughts please. I hope you find the perfect house for downsizing. Just think, a lot less snow to shovel. Meantime don't worry, play the piano, sing, dance and be happy. Hugs to you, Willow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow -- It's YOU!!!!--- I will pray that all goes well for yu--I believe it will! __ Anytime you can--- please write and let me know how you are doing--That will be a big operation-- I wish I could hug yu--- Lotza love to you-- I shall pray ---- Lynda

      Delete
  2. Not MORE snow....gosh, when is it going to quit up there? Glad son plowed you out. Sorry he's sick.
    Your poor daughter. How very scary for her and her kids. Glad she's back home and safe.
    The dogs are likely frightened that the cane might be used on them.
    I really hope you find a comfy, smaller home. Your place is way too much work.
    Rest, play your piano. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I played the piano-- love playing--- and I'm not gopod--but--to the dogs , I am--LOLOL--Lynda

      Delete
  3. The weather really does play a big part in our mood. I used to never think about it but for several years now I notice that on nice, sunny days my mood is much better. Oh goodness! So glad your daughter and family got back home safely. You know, I only live 45 minutes south of her. Yesterday, was terrible. We had over 70 mph wind gusts, two bad hail storms, lots of rain! I even put bricks in my patio chairs but even the bricks blew out! Can you imagine? I am so grateful for a calm, sunny Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That weather scared our daughter and her family-- They closed the highway she was on--she said it was raining----- with high winds-- 7 hrs in the car--- did not even know it was a tornato-- Lynda

      Delete
    2. Yes, very scary! I was scared and I was at home.

      Delete
  4. It's Kathy. I'm so glad your son came over to plow you two out and to do it when he wasn't feeling well is commendable! We have been lucky in Minnesota - it's finally warming up and we've had sunshine for the last 3 days. Oh how much better everything seems when there's sunshine! Love your family photo. Your older brother is very handsome. I can only imagine how difficult it will be for him to have to live in a facility. I wanted my mom to do that after my dad passed away. We found a lovely place for her to live, more like an apartment complex where there was staff to make sure she was okay every morning. Had it all set up and then she cancelled! Didn't want to leave the home she and Dad lived in for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu were so good to let yer Mom live where she wanted to be--so hard when one passes-- We have sun this afternoon and everything is FINALLY melting--My poor brother eh?--- And son#1 is even sick and he came to plough us out-- Poor guyt!--Lynda-

      Delete
  5. So glad your son came to plow, even out of a sick bed! Oh yes, your brother is not normal enough to make big decisions, needs to be moved physically like a toddler to a safer place for him. So many folks wait far too long to move! My mother was happy and safer at the assisted living, she enjoyed it there. Lived to be 102. Better safe than sorry. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor brother eh?--- His 2 grown children are going to physically move him in to the home --- I shall try to go visit him this summer-- your Mother had a long life --- Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  6. Have to start my comment again. I hit the wrong key and this page disappeared.
    Your son thought of his parents in his illness...that is Love.
    Happy the dogs are getting used to Himself's cane. At least they realize he's not after them with it.
    I feel for your daughter. I was in a similar situation in a snow storm on a very busy highway in Chicago. My car broke down. I had to wait hours for help. At least it turned out well. For your daughter and hers, too, I trust.
    Lopez looks adorable in his parka!
    We didn't get snow this time. Maybe it will still come south. It's been up to the 40sF with partial sun.
    Spring must spring forth soon...for all of us!
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. spring FINALLY---went up to 8C---- and the snow was dripping from everywhere-Lynda

      Delete
    2. These storms are getting worse. I am so glad that your son came and plowed for you.
      My sister, had a stroke and she is in a nursing home. Her husband just passed away last Weds. his viewing is tomorrow she will never be able to go home on her own. It is so sad.
      Hope your son starts feeling better,
      Sparkpeople 1951

      Delete
    3. oh my--so sorry t hear about your sister -- AND --her hubby passing----nice to see yu on here--Lynda

      Delete
  7. More snow! I'm glad your son came over - sick and all. Hope he is better soon. Your poor daughter - stuck in the car for 7 hours with kids. At least they got home safe. And hope the weather is better this week. Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda--any day with no snow-- is a good day here-- The storm is over--I hope for this year=Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!