Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Laugh at Yourself , Smell The Roses, Ask Questions


 My reason to-day to smile is---IT"S NOT SNOWING! ----  Holy Cow! --And it is at around zero---  WITH SUN!-I mean, yu really cannot ask for more----- 

So, I am late posting --because----  I was de-cluttering the kitchen--   We have been in this house since '87---We have raised 5 children and countless dogs here--  We have educated these children---And, we have seem many Grandchildren playing here---  colouring-- sleeping in a crib in a spare room-- playing Lego-- playing with huge toy trucks----swimming at the dock--paddling Kayaks to "Hawaian Heat"  Island, across the bay-- (They named that island)--  camping overnight, on some island in this lake, probably drinking with their friends and returning back here looking just "done in"--------going away to school and some returning from that school and living with us as an adult child, and getting a job--figuring out their life as an adult, and once again, returning to a university  AND GRADUATING  AND GETTING WORK---I always enjoyed   the metamorphosis of a child to an adult, and once again returning to live with us-----

The result of those years is now our home is too large ---- memories  are good---but--- we need to spend the rest of our life ,  in a smaller place---- and finding homes for all the "STUFF" a large family leaves behind-- So, this morning, I de-cluttered the kitchen---  There is more to do, but at least a carful was taken to town and who knows where it will end up--I thought I would miss all the "STUFF" --but--you know what---  I don't miss it at all---- so far! --In fact, the kitchen looks so much better!


It is March 1st-----and as you know, great things are going to happen this month-- The sun should begin to melt all the snow--the daylight hours are about to change----- It is all so exciting-- AND--WE ARE GOING GO ENJOY  A MORE SPRING-LIKE DAY--- SOON! 
I am always quoting my Mom's sayings---  but the above  sayings are things I can remember Mom telling me when I was growing up----and things I said to my children when they were growing up--like  "Because I Said so, that's why"---and "Go  to your rooms"---and, "I don't care who started it"-
Funny that we all were saying the same things to our kids! 

I thought I would feel sad packing up , getting ready for a new stage in my life---  but--- you know, it is time! ---Life has so many stages and this is the beginning of another one! 


So many memories to look back on--- and they were wonderful   memories--Our house was  a home---I loved these children that we were given-- I am proud of the adults they have become---  and now, it's time to sit back and watch their families --AND LOOK AFTER HIMSELF---and welcome this new stage-- in our life--




15 comments:

  1. No snow and 0....thats a good day up there. Loved all your inserts.
    Yes, as a mom we do say those things. Glad you're making a start on purging. Big house with LOTS to purge. You will NOT miss the stuff you donated..honestly you will not. Im excited for the opportunity for you to find a smaller place in town. Keep plugging away with pitching..it feels good.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not missing what the Lady took to-day--The kitchen looks a lot better---- Its a tough job isn't it?--Lynda

      Delete
  2. The snow is done here too for today . . . all cleaned up and ready for some tonight and again on Saturday but the sun is out today and it makes me happy. I remember when we sold our house in Vermont we told all the kids they had to come get their stuff or we were going to get rid of it . . .and they did amazingly enough. I took a car load every week to the Goodwill for donation until we moved. . . .so much stuff over the years. I don't miss it. We know have the things we really like or need. Congrats on making a start at such a big job. If the kids have stuff there tell them to come and get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I understand-a carload a week-- I always hate to part with the "stuff" but when it is gone I do not miss it--Lordy Be--I hear we may get snow to-nite-- --Oh no!!! -- Anyway it sure is a mild day out there to-day-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Glad that you are not having more snow and it is around zero C!

    It is good to get started on decluttering. It all helps. Yes, so many memories in a house! But those memories will never leave you, no matter WHERE you live.

    Yes, happy March 1st! Astrologic Spring. I’m ready!

    OHhhhhh man, do I remember the “Wait till your Father comes home”. Strikes ‘terror’ in the hearts of kids everywhere. And my Mom was famous for the “your face is going to freeze like that”. BWAHAHAHA. And of course, the ever popular “because I said so”. Mom was a huge fan of that one.

    Have you found someplace for you and Himself???

    Good luck and treasure those memories.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we have not found a house yet-- We need "small"-- preferably one story--with a basement--AND a Yard-- Hrd got do all this Barb-- Lynda

      Delete
  4. I am currently knee deep in packing boxes, a mess everywhere, with the movers scheduled for next week. Lynda, I’d be lying if I said it’s easy to move…it’s been so much work…I cannot tell you how many times I’ve been to Goodwill with a carload of donations in the past weeks. I just keep thinking that it will all get done AND I know it’ll be worth it. Good luck in finding a place and keep decluttering…you won’t be sorry! ❤️
    Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already it all seems over whelming-- Do you have a house picked out?-- That is a problem here-Lynda

      Delete
  5. It's warmer here, too! Everything slowly melting. It was windy when I went out earlier, but that's died down. No sun...but we were supposed to get snow last night and didn't!
    Love the stuff about what mom said. Told my kids lots of that, too. Several years ago I had an inspiring thought to write a book, "Mommy says..." When I researched I found that it had already been written!
    Another thing my mom would say when I didn't want to go out in the rain was, "What? Are you so sweet you'd melt?" She taught me a great lesson in junior high when I came home to say my friends didn't like me anymore (remember how an uneven group of girls used to kinda gang up on one of them?) She told me, "Honey, if you want to have a friend, you've got to be a friend."
    Good luck on your house hunt. Would you consider moving just outside your preferred area to have more options? I know you'd rather stay in town with the venues you are used to having and family close by.
    At least we know spring is coming now! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would consider moving out of the area I prefer-- It really depends on the house-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Well at least you've started decluttering. But with raising 5 kids there and at the time you have been there, I'm sure it will take a lot of time to get it all done. And hopefully you don't get a lot of snow to also look after! We're supposed to get another big one Friday night and I'm not sure how far north it's going. I hope you don't get it. Good luck with house hunting now that you've started getting rid of stuff - not a fun job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda -- It will be hard-and so far we do not know where we are going-=-== Lynda

      Delete
  7. After my dad passed my mom moved in and now there's lots of stuff. I started de-cluttering finally. There's many things that we both have and we only need one of especially in the kitchen. It feels good clearing things out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can see where yu would have to get rid of stuff-- Its hard tho-Lynda

      Delete
  8. I live in a 1400 sq ft 4 bedroom house where I raised my 3 kids.The small house kept me from accumulating too much, but I’m still finding things stashed in nooks and crannies that I can throw out. Can’t imagine cleaning out a house as big as yours!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!