Saturday, March 25, 2023

Don't hit or bite anyone to-day-


 NEVER QUIT! --  But, we all know that-- Guess what? It is not snowing here yet--But, I know it will be snowing by the end of the day--

 I had to post the picture  below--because this is what our dock used to resemble-- Grandchildren  and their parents (our grown children)- boats , kayaks, dogs-- munchies--I absolutely loved it!~ every afternoon--for many summers-- It hasn't looked like this for the past 2 summers now-- (sob sob)- The older ones have summer jobs--and,  son#1 now has a larger dock---docks that don't give them thistles in their feet--docks that don't rock back and forth-- sometimes they go there---   sometimes they came here last summer, but as their lives progress, other things take priority-- What a great few years  we did share with these kids----  I hope another family will  take over our docks--and enjoy them as much as we have!

You know, docks are difficult to maintain-- our sons always put them out for us--  brought them in each fall-- tied them along the shoreline--- and when spring came the following year, did some maintenance on  them--We were so grateful they always helped us--

Then, there was the water system--To keep the grass green, we drew water from the lake---Many times the hose going into the lake became covered in sea weed, the pump would lose its prime, and another son would drive from town out here to get the pump working again--I guess you could say, without the boys to help, we may not have lived here as long as we have--We are so grateful to them! 

So, ever onward-- whenever we find  another easier home to manage , at our age--  Will we miss the lake?--  ALWAYS ----  They sure have been wonderful years!-



Doncha just love Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin--above?-- It's a good thing that we  really are braver than we believe-- that we  are stronger than we seem,  and smart enough to know it is time to accept a new phase in our life-whenever we find a place to move to--Maybe I'll even have time to  get back to  doing watercolour  painting again--- OR____ maybe I even may get to  visit Austria---  or  Buckingham Palace---or-write a book-- who knows?-- Son#2 sent these pictures while in Vienna---
--such a pretty city-----
--and even a "MacDonalds" ---

Anyway, I hope to-day,  where ever you are---  you have a good day--and that you  stay strong---

8 comments:

  1. I am thinking that your decision to sell and move is a good one. I completely understand all the wonderful memories you have of your family in this home and lake. I, too, have a home that is much too large for me - with 4 acres+ to mow and care for......but I still can't leave it. I know some day I will have to. I think when I can't do the upkeep anymore, I will sadly decide that it is time to leave it. One of my sons lives in town and helps me alot with things I cannot do - replacing shed door, cleaning gutters, replacing wheelbarrow tires, etc....and have a grandson who likes to help me mow! So for now, I will stay put, but I congratulate you for realizing that you are ready to move on! You are strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Sandra-- It is a tough decision for me--but--I do know that I don't use half the space anymore-- and as you know, without a husband's help, everything is just a great deal of work--for me! --- the hard part right now , is giving away "stuff" because everything comes with a memory--It's the memories that I want to hold onto--I do find however, that once it's out of the house, I am happy and I don't dwell on the statues etc--and , I cannot take it with me in the end-- I always thought the children would want a lot of my stuff--but--they don't want it-- Lynda

      Delete
  2. It really is too bad we can’t take it with us, isn’t it? Poor planning on the part of whatever started this whole thing! People get their lives going, only to be forced to die, unreasonable turn of events. My kids don’t want my stuff, either, at least not Knick knacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you don't take your children's help for granted. It is wonderful when our adult children *do* help (my dad and his sister and her husband used to arrange weekends to help their widowed mom with the screens and storm windows in the right seasons). And it is wonderful the example they set for their children to do the same. And to be grateful is a wonderful freeing feeling.

    Good job as you face the next change life tosses your way!

    (( hugs ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will always live near your town and lake, I bet. And you can go to your son's with the bigger docks, too.
    Vienna looks wonderful. Reminds me of The Sound of Music.
    Warm here...40sF. Same next few days, with the possibility of rain.
    The sun peeks out now and then.
    Pooh has some great quotes. So does Yoda, Gandalf...and so many others.
    New PC all set up. So happy.
    Karaoke tonight with a deejay we haven't seen in a long time. He has cancer and has been recovering from his second round of chemo.
    Bingo tomorrow with my friends. Went to a garage sale at our local mall and found some great stuff.
    I like being retired. The only one I need to care for tho is my cat. I don't have a Himself. Hope all is good with you all...and the pets.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, you and your family have had so many great times together on your dock and created lots of memories…those are in your heart and will never go away! We just moved from a beautiful water view to a villa where we have zero outside responsibilities….things change…I hope that you can find something you like with no need to shovel/snowblow all the time!! ❤️ Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Downsizing is tough and I'm sure much harder with all those kids and grandkids. But at least you have all the memories and now son#1 has a great dock to enjoy. Vienna looks so nice. Hope you don't get more snow to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, so wonderful to have the memories of the dock in the summer, full of fun! Glad that your sons helped to keep that going.

    What beautiful pictures son #2 sent from Vienna. I have a McDonald’s menu from Austria – they had beer on the menu! That was back in the 70’s.

    Definitely you know it’s been a good day when you haven’t bitten or hit anyone! LOL

    Sunshine here today after a day full of snow yesterday. Guess Mother Nature hasn’t finished w/Winter yet.

    Here’s to a blessed Sunday.

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!