Saturday, May 6, 2023

Stay Strong Queen

WE ARE THOSE WOMEN AREN"T WE?--- WE REFUSE TO QUIT!--We must be the Queen--Speaking of the Queen, all I could get on the TV this morning, is that "Crowning of Charles"---I am not a fan of  him--- altho, his Mother, the Queen--well, you know  I did admire her. I could relate to her, with all her children and her trials raising them---

We have another rainy day-- overcast--wet---  I am beginning to wonder if the grass will ever dry out-

Yesterday I raked and raked the front lawn-areas where piles of snow had sat there all winter--- The grass is stuck down--like pasted--flat--- onto the ground----so I tried to rake it so it would get some air--Maybe some fertilizer will help.

We are all a Queen in our own lives-- what on earth would our little corner of the world do without us?-We get up everyday and  take care of this tiny  area---AND--the people in and around us--and we hardly ever complain-- because we wear that invisible crown--

I must report on my brother --my oldest brother---  who is in a LT Care home quite far from here---  He now has a phone---and he believes he has a job there , taking care of all the residents-and--HE IS HAPPY---He feels important!--Isn't that wonderful?---  Everyone must  feel important! --  He has proper meals---  his meds are given to him on time-- and , they keep him busy,  --- he feels needed--

Son#2 texted me yesterday as he was leaving for tel Aviv, Israel----  He arrived early this morning--SO_---  you know pictures of food will be arriving soon--Right now he is asleep-- but did text to say, it was a 10 hr flight- with 3 pilots on board.

Yes, the above is so true--which means I best get the house-y stuff done and get to that grocery store--We  have no bananas--- not even one!---Hopefully this rain will stop eventually and I can get out to do some gardening---
Remember to recite the above to-day--- say it several times--- "smart---kind--strong-confident motivated--and loved"--- paste it in front of your face---  Always wear- that invisible Crown---

-I must say that little LOPEZ , the Chihuahua, sincerely believes he is the KING  in his world---  so much attitude packed in his wee body--Sometimes I just have to laugh at him, as I pick him up when he is not ready to go out--Right or wrong, the good Lord bestowed on this tiny dog , some big time attitude!   Maybe we all need a wee bit of Lopez in us!----  Who knows?



 

17 comments:

  1. Stay strong, my friend, and smiling at your pup with attitude is a healthy thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is CARL???--I love him!!! Lynda

      Delete
  2. Loved your inserts today.
    Yep, I'm Queen of my household but it doesn't come with perks. It comes with work.
    I, too, am not a fan of Charles and even less of a fan of Camilla. Is Andrew at the Coronation? I hope so. I hope the family can iron out their differences.
    I'm so glad your brother has a "job" at the facility. It gives his days meaning to check on the welfare of the other residents.
    Lopez has way too much attitude lol.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I go kinda crazy with inserts--LOL--- I wish I could remember them all--And I really dislike Camilla--- even her "looks"----loved Dianna tho!--and I agree-- funny how my brother thinks he works in that "lodge"----AND--LOPEZ DOES HAVE WAY TOO MUCH ATTITUDE---I never knew a Chihuahua was like that---LOL--==- Lynda --Oh we went for groceries -=-such a big job! --- It's the "putting away" part that I hate-So nice to chat with yu-Lynda

      Delete
  3. I think Lopez has so much attitude because he's so tiny. He's got to make up for his lack of size by being the boldest dog in the room. King Lopez (he thinks!). Great news here is that my eye has an ulcer and will heal up in a few days thanks to the drops I was already using. And now it's time for me to do those drops and head to bed. It's very cold here - only 8c (46f) so getting into my nice warm bed will be lovely! Gaelyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaelyne--I love yer name-- sounds Scottish! --Is it??--- My maiden name was WALLACE a good Scottish name!--We have rain falling AGAIN!--I am happy to hear about your eye healing-- Hope yu have a good nap-I love "naps"--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Lynda, each of us...human or animal, is primarily focused on their own well-being. How could it be different? Without the care and focus on our own lives, how could we focus on anything else?
    I went out for cat food and ice cream (I still have bananas)...and came back with a new vacuum cleaner. It's an upright with a hand vac part and all the tools. My current vac is at least 15 year old and is just a little canister. Now...if I can only get it out of the trunk of the car and up to my apartment...
    Looking forward to food photos.
    Enjoy your shopping trip. Try not to make it a 'big deal.'
    Kitty wants to play, karaoke tonight, clean clothes to put away and a nap to take.
    Have a great day, dear...I sure will. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless yer heart!-Yu take a nap too---only I fall asleep with my book in my hands---Good for yu to get a new vacuum--awesome! Yes we bought groceries--- The prices have gone up AGAIN!---- Always good to hear from yu--Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  5. Watched a bit of the coronation, as well. Kind of by default, because switched on the news and that was all that was on . . . understandably.

    Definitely we are all the Queens of our realm.

    That’s so good to her your brother is loving the facility he’s at. Sooooo good he feels he has a purpose! And he’s well taken care of. Awesome.

    Wow! Long flight for DS #2 and his fellow pilots. I will bet he will have interesting food pictures from Tel Aviv!

    Hope out for those bananas! So important!

    Of course, Lopez thinks he’s king of the house. Just like our Miss Lilly thinks she’s Queen of the house.

    Hope it’s a good weekend.

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lopez and Miss Lily should meet each other--Lol-Lynda

      Delete
  6. Yes, putting groceries away takes awhile and some thinking and planning. Tiresome chore, but lucky to be able to buy. Why do so many think the so called “Royals” are movie stars or something, and they must look beautiful? They are not a gift from any magical source at all. Look how it costs to keep them going, for centuries! They hoodwinked a whole population…..lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with yu I am not a "royal" fan--too much HOOPLA-==- LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  7. I’m really late today. It’s a wonder Beau hasn’t put Lopez in his place. I guess he’s also a typical Canadian-too nice! There’s going to be a lot of cleanup outside. If it ever stops raining! Have a good night. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked all afternoon in 2 gardens--weeding and cleaning up--lots of raking to do-Lynda

      Delete
  8. I love little Lopez.! Attitude and all! Lol Tomorrow is our fave day, Lynda. Please rest, you deserve it after the week you’ve had. Hugs from Ohio!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's Kathy. Yes, all we could watch this morning was King Charles and Queen Camilla and I'm not a fan of his either. We are having a rainy weekend too. It's not too cold but sure is gloomy. But I did get a good couple of days to get the garden plot ready to plant. I have a good 3 weeks before it's really safe to plant, thank goodness. Glad you got some gardening done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always behind and catching up, so glad when I do. Had to comment on how much I liked this post - a LOT!! 🙂
    Laura from the Spark days

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!