Thursday, May 25, 2023

The World is a Better Place because you are in it!



 

 Good day --We have sunshine-- It is one degree Celsius-very cool--I am alive---  which amazes me-- The good Lord is   keeping me alive---  and I thank him--The only problem--I need 4 more of me-I have a Rototiller man coming to do the garden to-morrow morning---and I have ordered a new weed whacker which I will pick up this afternoon -- Weed Whacking is the very most terrible job in the whole world!

Before I forget, I must tell you that my brother called yesterday  and he says he is becoming quite famous in his LTC facility as he receives cards from all over the world and the staff  wonders how he knows all these people-- He loves it so much! Isn't that just the greatest?--He has become a celebrity---  He was telling me  he was thinking of breaking out AGAIN--- as everyday is the same he says-- but--then the cards began to arrive--- Thank you to everyone who sent this old guy a card--You have made him feel important and everyone should feel that way--

We have so so many Hummingbirds---  I love to watch them! --And they tell me they were all at your houses and they said to thank you all for feeding them, as thy travelled north, to Canada--I have 4 feeders on the go here and they are all busy--
I LOVE DOGS---  big Beau understands english--Little " Lopez/Cujo"----  is trying to  figure out life  in house with an old man WITH A CANE--- The cane frightens him---poor wee fellow!--and no matter what I say to Himself, he uses that cane in front of him as he walks . I firmly believe when I'm not around, that cane is used as a weapon--So--more and more, Lopez travels with me----

It really is a good day to think happy thoughts--believe that you really CAN do anything---if you believe you can--I do live in my own little world-- talking to Lopez and Beau--(Himself cannot hear me!)-----but-----that is OK--- One must do what one must do, to keep going!--
It is "hair day"-----Lord love a Duck! I shall look just "Duckie"--like  the above gorgeous bird! 
We can be those people---look at how you all made an old man so happy??---

It is-----  Oh----  What day is it??----  Ir doesn't matter , because we can enjoy to-day anyway--- can't we?---














11 comments:

  1. Loved your inserts and I always enjoy your positive attitude. Talking to Beau and Lopez is just fine as they do understand. Do you have TIME for a garden? Weed eating is a challenge. I know you struggled with the equipment last year.
    Happy yo hear your brother is enjoying the cards. Sure wish he'd stop talking about leaving but perhaps its just something he says. Sounds like he stays busy there. A card from St.Louis is headed his way.
    Enjoy your hair appt. pampering day. You certainly deserve YOU time.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It *is* a wonderful day to have peaceful thoughts. I am amazed at how much you get done in a given day! You are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my day, Lynda. I'm sorry for little Lopez, I'm sure that cane is scary to him. My Daisy had to chase two rather wild dogs out of our yard - TWICE - now every time we go outside she is on the alert. I see today that those people have put up some kind of kennel - good! Enjoy your hair day and the sunshine! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your temp IS cool! I cannot agree w/your more . . . weed whacking is a TERRIBLE job, but on the other hand, I am grateful I can do it!

    HOW WONDERFUL that those cards and letters are making your brother famous! AND glad it keeps him from breaking out again!

    I bet those little hummers are busy @ the feeders. They’ve worked hard traveling there!

    Sorry to hear Lopez is so spooked w/Himself’s cane but you’re right, there’s a reason and best to take Lopez with you when you can.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your inserts as I do every day. I hope you relax at the hairdresser and have some well deserved me time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, send me your brothers' name & address and I will send him a card and perhaps a little note on how I got his address....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda: Yes it's a good day to have a good day. Getting warmer. I haven't sent your brother a card as I just got out of hospital and am not able to go shopping yet. Poor Lopez. I am sure the cane terrorizes him. Have a good hair day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda--Do not worry about a card--WE should send YU a card!--He is doing OK_-Amazing----=I hope that you are recuperating--Lynda

      Delete
    2. Hoping to get out in another week or two..

      Delete
  8. I don't blame Lopez for fearing the cane. He thinks it's coming after him! Good you can mostly take him with you or leave him at your son's.
    I had my hair day Monday and got my summer cut.
    Had a great time today with friends at a cassino playing bingo on an Ipad thingy. You just watch the screen and yell, "Bingo" when it tells you to.
    Tomorrow going to a neighboring town to visit a lovely lady that used to live in our building. She is making us her famous raw veggie pizza (veggies grouped over a ranch type dressing) for lunch.
    Our Memorial Day weekend coming up. From mid day tomorrow til early evening Monday I will be pet sitting on the far side of town: 5 kitties and 2 dogs.
    Hope you had a great Victoria Day and that it will be a good weekend for all you you. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your hair looks Grand!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!