Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Once upon a time we lived happily ever after.


 Yes! We do own this day!---  It is going up to 30 Celsius -sunshine-very hot--no rain-----It has been sorta a crazy morning-I turned off the AC--- then I decided to clean the windows in the living room--inside and out--and I could not get the screens back in, "For love nor money"--(Mom's expression of course!)_so---  I did something silly---I called Himself, who has never put a screen back onto a window in his whole life---so, there were a lot of words flying back and forth between us--like--"Why did you have to do that anyway?"--and, "Go get a screw driver and I will take off the window shade"---(I knew that would not work)--and---  "Yu must've done this before so you must know how to do it"---

--Lord love a Duck---I should have know better than to ask him, a guy who sat in his office all his life-but---- there really is a God in Heaven, because finally , I managed to squeeze the screen around the burglar alarm thing hanging onto the window-- and low and behold, the screen slipped back into place--

and then-----  after taking Lopez up the road , to do his business, when I returned home, I turned on the AC---  AGAIN! --after the house had lost all its cool air and was once again becoming  "hotter than hates "---(Mom's expression )----So, yu might say, I have really accomplished nothing--


-don't you find that there are some days that one feels like  yu are just going in circles---not really accomplishing much--kinda like what the above says-----

Anyway, it is summer ----  We are alive--- There is no-one alive who is You-er than You--and I suppose on days which are so upside down, maybe  someone up there is trying to tell us to just relax to-day---"Do Not Worry About A Thing" --- coz ---  every little Thing Is Going To Be Alright!"--  I believe that is a Jamaican song--- Bob Marley------  and Himself is from Jamaica----  so, we shall maybe do the dance--- " not worry about a ting"----enjoy the day---have a cup of tea---read a book--eat some ice cream--or chocolate--



Maybe this is a good day to just relax--  and hopefully we can live happily---- ever after----








19 comments:

  1. I agree that some days are meant for us to to do nothing but sit back and relax. When nothing seems to go right and it is frustrating us then we should just take a break. Tomorrow it will probably all work out and it is a mystery why it didn't happen before. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have windows with screens and for the life of me, even though we took off the screens and put on the storms every year it was a challenge. A few years ago we invested in newer windows to cut down on the noise and are so much easier to clean - but every time I start I have to remember how to do it! That's my project for this afternoon! I didn't bop my husband on the head but today I suggested that he should be thankful to have me for 28 years!!! Men are challenging for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL---_ We used to have storm windows also--very heavy--- These are a lot easier--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Gotta love the concept of the chocolate, tea, and good book living happily ever after! They do go together, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. relaxin type of day--LOL--Lynda

      Delete
  4. 30 Celcius makes for a good day to read a book with a cup of tea and some chocolate. It's not a good day for cleaning windows or anything else strenuous! Just a day to be you and to relax! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY VERY hot today---not fit for man nor beast-Lynd

      Delete
  5. The screens sound like quite a challenge but in the end, you got it YAY.
    Some days things do go upside down and accomplishment is hard to see.
    I'm for you relaxing, playing your piano, have some tea and chocolate cause everything is going to be ok!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything really was OK--LOLOL--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Oh no, the damned screens! A toddler could not help with that job, hard to do. But a piece of chocolate afterwards can help. It’s 108 “feels like” temp here this afternoon, plus the Ozone bad air, and it’s only June, not normal to be so hot at all! I hope the thrift store person removes a whole bunch of stuff from your area. It will help to be rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!-- Very hot there--way hotter than her-- Lynda

      Delete
  7. I have wrestled with screens and windows before, too. I don't believe I will ever be able to clean the outside ones here...I am on the 3rd floor!
    Hot here, too. Due to be 90F. Hotter than Hades for sure, though my mom said hotter than the other word for it ;-)
    Calm here otherwise. I have been chillin' most of the day. 3/4 through a new book. It was written by one of our resident's sons. A complete fantasy, and I love it! I will give it rave reviews on Amazon!
    Get to watch Heartland tonight, going to see the country group Alabama day after tomorrow...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_4Xfj2LRSA I am happy! I'm sure you know how to copy and paste that link in your browser {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow--ever good--going out to see that group--- Yu deserve that__---Good for yu Lynda

      Delete

    2. Almost an hour drive all by myself. Have accessable seating. I have a sign I made to hold up, "4 Tries 2CU (next line) Here for (last line) my 77 b/d." Wouldn't it be fun if they called me up on stage?!

      Delete
  8. LOL; I don't even bother with washing windows. I've never removed a screen either. I try to not do too much around here, for the most part. My Roomba does my floors, I have a robot that does my wet mopping, as well. I dust (on occasion), and that's it. The house always looks perfect. True, it's only a one floor 1000 square feet condo. I do go out to do the watering of all the flowers, but lately, Mother Nature has got that! Lotsa rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu are so very fortunate-- I need a condo-- Lynda

      Delete
    2. Well, glad you were able to get the screen in and the a/c going! Warm here, too.

      LOL! Yes, a good book, tea and chocolate . . . does it get better? I think not.

      Hugs
      barb
      1crazydog

      Delete
  9. Sorry I'm late again! It's now the 21st here - I had to deliver my car to the dealership for it's warranty service so had to get to bed early last night. Your messages come in after midnight usually. I agree, there are some days it's best to coast along and others are better for being - as my husband used to say - "heads down, bums up"! I always picture those cute little wood cut outs of a lady bending over gardening when I hear that phrase. I hope it's a little cooler for you today. I'm freezing here. It's the longest day of the year and your shortest day. Hope it's a very good one!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!