Sunday, April 7, 2024

Be positive and believe in yourself


Good day to you all----mid morning here--- I have walked Lopez  several times---  nothing happened--Sometimes we win, and other times, no luck--but we tried--
It is Sunday---(the Lords day-as Mom used to say-) and maybe I will get to town later to get a few bananas----

So, did you have a time trying to find this blog?---Even I did---so I resorted to what I used to do, by typing in "blogger"---  and it worked-- the 
"https://leanjean6.blogspot.com",  works very well also---But-whatta nuisance eh?

Yesterday was a difficult day with Himself---  I think he was just tired-- like--late in the afternoon---When he gets that way, to him, I can not do anything right--I try to pretend that I do not hear him, --the ranting and raving all about what a terrible person I am--I realize it must be difficult for him to accept that I am taking care of him--  You see, it used to be the other way around.  I cannot change  anything when he gets in that mood--I do know he doesn't remember being that way the next day--

Life is so weird isn't it? Who would ever predict  things would turn out like this---? -- To-day is a better day---so far----
The above picture was taken in Ottawa --- Son#1 was the baby in Himself's arms --Himself is on the left and beside him was Dr Mederos, the best man at our wedding, who now lives somewhere in Spain--We tried to find on Facebook, in Spain--or the Canary islands, but there must be a million Damian Mederos-in Spain--

- Himself used to call Dr Mederos-- Lopez--- That is how our wee Chihuahua, Lopez, got his name.
            Here is Himself again, at Port Stanley, at Mom and Dad's cottage, on the beach--

Anyway---- life goes on---  and we deal with it--- and I am able to--- Good thing  the kids help when they can--and then there is all of you, who, many of you are living a similar life --  We do embower each other---
                                        I hope that your day is going well---because of you----
                                            Keep your chin up, as Dad always told me---

                                                        Be positive and believe in yourself-










 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pictures of Himself-- LOL--Good to have yu on here-Lynda

      Delete
  2. It's Kathy. I'm so sorry himself had a bad day yesterday and he takes it out on you. I'm sure he doesn't mean any of it and yes, I can only imagine how hard it is, especially for a man who was literally the care taker of others, to have to be taken care of now. I know I don't like it even now - after my surgeries when I couldn't do much... I hated that and it did make me crabby. I have, however, learned that when my husband says "Can I help?" my answer should be a grateful YES! He totally cleaned the living room for me yesterday. We had quite the excitement here last night. I live on a busy road and hearing sirens is a daily thing. While I was doing my evening medication around 10:40 pm, I heard one, two, three - up to 11 squad cars flying by. By the 6th one I stopped trying to meditate and got my husband. We walked to the end of our driveway where all the police had stopped. They shut down our road. It was like a light show for quite a long time. Apparently, 2 kids had been shooting in a park near us. When the police came they took off and ended up on our road heading North. Police from 4 suburbs came to help - everyone driving so fast. The kids crashed at the roundabout just down the road from us. It was a late night for Tom and me! Always some excitement around here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kathy not good --guns --and kids-- --Sorry to hear that---Happy to see yu opn here also--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynda
    Great Inserts. Thank you for sharing them.
    I had a heck of a time finding you today. Finally typed in lakesidelady blogspot and you popped up. You make my day with your quips,quotes and positivity. I have to know you and your family are OK. Sorry doc was not a happy camper yesterday. I am happy you can tune it out and carry on.
    Lopez named after doctor friend. I never heard that story.
    Sadie was here today. Not much else has been accomplished here.
    Hugs and blessings
    Marge in St.Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marge--Happy tht yu id find me--I did post of Facebook in case anyone had a problem-- Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  4. Doing the best we can! What a concept, and a sanity saver. I do "get" about Himself being worse when he's tired, even those of us not deteriorating have issues when we're tired. Ask Ms. Sleep deprived here! LOL!

    Hang in there, and hope the rest of today goes well.

    - Barb (OKM)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is Ember doing??--Glad to see yu Barb-Lynda

      Delete
    2. Ember is learning. So am I. I'm so besotted. I know you understand, being a dog-lover yourself. I'm glad she's a different breed from either Carl or Diamond (who crossed the rainbow bridge 13 years ago).

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynda! Hope your banana outing went well. It was sunny and 59 in Ohio. High 70 tomorrow. You should come to Medina for the weather and eclipse. Lol Your daughter would love it. That is neat how little Lopez got his name. How has Himself been today? I hope better. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself a lot better today-- Happy yu found me--Lynda

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda: Nice pics and memes. At least you've figured out the best way to keep yourself sane when himself is not having a good day. And you clearly still love him as much as you always have. Especially love the last meme about 5 things. So that's how Lopez got his name! Nice. It was a great day today but tomorrow is supposed to get cloudy for the eclipse. Have a good night. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda-- You are here--I windered how many of you found me--Lynda

      Delete
    2. Nice pictures of you and Himself and friend. Oh yes, that old Sundowner syndrome. My mother used to have that. They are no longer themselves, the person you knew is gone. Doctors sure don’t explain this very well, maybe because the doctors are mostly male. Maybe they know they will get it, too!

      Delete
    3. LOL--- It is not a good disease--I agree-- Lynda

      Delete
  7. Here's that blog I missed yesterday! I checked fairly late to see if you had blogged. When I didn't see one, I figured you must've had another terrible day.
    Sounds like maybe the later part wasn't too happy.
    Love the photos and memes. They were happy memories and good advice.
    Now on to the one for today (It's now Monday).
    Just know, I didn't not post cuz of illness or being too busy...I just couldn't find this! {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!