Wednesday, April 3, 2024

I love you a bushel and a peck.

                                                                    Good Morning--

As you can see., we have power---- It hasn't gone out--which is amazing considering the weather we have had overnight plus the rain and snow falling to-day-It sure doesn't seem like April----  The freezer was beeping this morning- when I got up--which means it must've shut off sometime during the night, but the rest of the house was fine--even the computer--Weird!!!  


 Son #2, the pilot, arrived back into Pearson Airport , in Toronto, earlier than expected-in that storm,-from Britain-- He said it was a "wild'  landing,  with very low visability due to the rain coming down-- It didn't seem to bother him however--just was happy to be back home-- Pilots love to fly---  no matter the weather--  and the "rock and roll" landing, he thought (I think)-was interesting-----He was going to pick up his dog, Gerrard, who had been boarded---


Himself could not get into his Day Program and is a tad grouchy here--Too bad , because seeing other people really does help him. I did not want to drive in the wintery weather--

Hopefully I can do "TAXES" to-day---I must forget the "house-y"stuff and just sit at the dining table and sort out all that paper work--and ten, to-morrow get it  off to the accountants--Lordy Be! I will be so happy when that is all done. 

Did I tell you all that there has been geese spotted in town , in a park by the lake-- Our lakes are NOT open yet, so these poor geese must've been in a state of shock-I have not seen them since, so perhaps they moved on to the big lake -Lake Huron--which must be open--

How is your day going? Is this a good day for you?-----  Is your weather better than here?--- I just looked out and now it is raining outside--Hopefully the power stays on---
Some days I have to remind myself that I CAN DO THIS---  that I am a strong woman---Man oh man!--No time to be a WIMP--- Tell myself the  saying below---Lord  Love A Duck! ----We really do not have a choice do we?
                        Last night, reading all your comments, somehow I messed  up my replies--- but-- it was good to hear from you all-(Oh my Goodness--Now it is snowing outside!)
because---










 



13 comments:

  1. Well, glad that you have power now, even if it was out briefly overnight.

    Not April weather here, either. Rain, rain/snow, snow. UGLY.

    So glad that sone #2 made it through the storm. And I’ll bet his Gerrard was happy to see him!

    Good luck getting your taxes done. It is a chore!

    It's ashame that Himself couldn't get to daycare, but . . . have to be safe.

    You are loved a bushel and a peck, too . . . and you ARE strong!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb in all this ba weather, so far we have not lost power--amazing--Lots of trees were down outside, this morning--mustve been a strong wind-Lynda-

      Delete
  2. It's Kathy. So sorry himself can't go to the Day Program, I know he feels better when he can get out. Our snow is almost gone once again. We gave rain in the forecast but not today. I am so anxious for the real Spring to arrive. I see my tulips have started coming up! Today is my husband's birthday, we're going out for a nice lunch. That will be fun! Any time I don't have to cook is a plus for me! I hope you can get your taxes finished up today. I am still working on my daughter's - I hope to get them out to her by this weekend. Then I'm done for the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going out for lunch sounds wonderful--and-FINALLY--I started the taxes-- Lynda

      Delete
  3. Sis, I got my comment last night and always appreciate them.
    Saved a couple memes...you can guess: the doggie at the door and 'don't look back.'
    Eye doc was yesterday. I have now progressed to full on macular degeneration, but he did say it was mild.
    Hopefully, Sadie will get some stuff done today...the washer is free!
    Good luck on your taxes. That's difficult. At lease you have an accountant to help.
    Doesn't seem like spring here either. Up in the 'cities' (Minneapolis and St Paul), the weather is worse. We only got a dusting of snow last night. The temp is just barely above freezing. I believe lotsa rain is due this week.
    Nothing else seems to be happening around here. Neighbors to talk to, etc. Lucky will get his wee nap with me today. Hopefully, you will get one, too. Do either of your furbies nap with you?
    Himself surely understands your not wanting to drive considering the weather, doesn't he? Is there another one on Friday? Maybe the weather will be better then.
    Guess that's all. Gotta message the 2 kids that care the most (my doc son in CA and my daughter) about the new Dx.
    Hope you have a productive and restful day...in each their turn. {{{HUGS}}} Love, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom had Macular Degeneration-- not good eh?-- What are they doing for it?-They must have new treatments now--Do they?--- a blustery day here to-day--and--I FINALLY STARTED THE TAXES--Lordy Be!-- Lynda

      Delete
  4. Hello, Marti here. It has NOT been good weather here in Central Ohio. Rain, wind, t-storms yesterday, talks of tornadoes, the whole kit and kaboodle. Today it is in the 40's and gloomy and now raining hard. Then changing to snow showers. That's April for you here in Ohio. They say "if you don't like the weather wait 24 hours and it will change," or something like that. Weather for everybody! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the wether is bad all over to-night-- Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  5. Terrible weather here today too. No snow but raining quite heavy all day long. Dog didn't even get a walk - too miserable. Glad the pilot was ok to land in the wind and rain. Hope you got your taxes done. And that himself isn't too miserable being home all day. Hopefully you can get out tomorrow and maybe have lunch out. Have a good night. Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda--bad wintery weather here to-nite --Lynda

      Delete
  6. Hi Lynda, crappy weather in St.Louis today. High winds, temps near freezing, blowing rain with a few flurries mixed in. We've had heavy rain for several days along with thunder storms. I feel bad for the blooming tulips...too darn cold for them. Same thing happened to daffodils a few weeks ago. It was warm and then it got cold for several days. Back to winter coat today.
    Glad pilot is safely back.
    Hoping doc can go to center Friday.
    Hoping today is the day you get your taxes organized and ready to take to accountant. That's always a big job.
    Love you a bushel and a peck 😊
    Hugs and blessings
    Marge in St.Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marge-Very blustery weather here--snowing this evening--Lynda

      Delete
  7. Hi Lynda! It's rainy here in Ohio. I read a story today and thought about you. There was a goose at a business around here that was harrassing the customers and someone called 911. They figured it had eggs somewhere. They removed the goose and told it if it showed up again they would fine it for loitering. LOL! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!