Sunday, November 14, 2021

How many times have I thought of giving up--Let me count the ways!

How many times have I thought of giving up?---  Let me count the ways!----LOL---

My weight is still in limbo after Halloween--- Last night I went to bed, totally discouraged with Lopez-He seemed like he was never going to get the "Bell" thing--"ring the bell on the door and I will go out with you to do yer business"--Last night, I had gone out 455 times with the wee fella, and then , when he came in, he did his business on the kitchen/nursery floor-Lord love a Duck!
Well, NEVER, say NEVER!-----  because, I truly believe there is a God in Heaven---and this AM (like 5am!)-I heard the bell on the front door jingle--and there was Lopez, looking up at me as if to say, "See? I can do it!"--=-Unbelievable! --As Mom used to say, "Wonders never cease!"

It is the same with the weight---This morning, I finally had time to hop onto the Dreadmill---only 10 minutes---but--10 minutes is better than no minutes----and--I have the "eating food thing",  back under control--so, hopefully the scales will show improvement! It took me almost 15 years on Spark to change my lifestyle--work exercise into my day-even a small amount---to realize that I didn't need to eat after supper--especially sweet stuff--  that I would survive till morning without food--but---it finally sunk in--I still battle the bulge at times, but , it really does feel good seeing clothes becoming too large--

Himself had a good day yesterday also--was normal--cooked a fantastic dinner----

I made applesauce , to go with his wonderful meal--with my Mom's "Foley Food Mill"--Funny, I remember my Grandfather Wallace (Scottish) putting applesauce on his porridge. Funny what one remembers from childhood--  this Grandfather that I thought the world of--(again-Mom's expression!)

--Memories----  Remember Mr "T"?--- ---Here Himself and I were, heading out to a Halloween Party, many years ago---
Good thing we have these-memories--  and once upon a time I really was slim-- 
 So--Life goes on, and because of  all our  good thoughts of times past, we take care of each other--- and even make new  memories now with Lopez and himself --and we do not give up--  I hope! 



19 comments:

  1. Awesome photos! Yummy applesauce too. Giving up is the #1 temptation a always have LOL And, sincerely, I've let myself give up sometimes.
    Have a most wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, he’s still a baby and will have accidents, but . . . hallelujah that he rang the bell this morning! He’s learning.

    Yes, it takes a long time to get it in our brains that we have the power to get our eating under control!

    Glad that Himself had a good day! That makes the heart joylus!

    LOVE the picture of you and Himself from Halloweens past! LOVE memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never give up. There is always HOPE. So glad himself had a good day. Hoping Lopez gets with it soon.
    Hang in
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't give up. We never give up. Because of what you said... life goes on! And there are ups to balance the downs. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miracles don't happen overnight, it takes time. you can't expect the weight to keep coming down every day. Sometimes it takes a while for your body to stabilize. You have done well, just give it time. As for wee Lopez he needs time too. Be patient with him, he will learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom had a Foley food mill! Ah, those were the days. She canned lots of foods, too.

    Lopez really does want to do what you ask him to do. Maybe it was an urgent, "I gotta go NOW" kind of thing with him when he had his accident. We've all been there.

    You inspire me, Lynda. I have to get back to a regular exercise routine, too. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. At least Lopez remembers what to do just has to remember more often. Glad himself had a good day. You are doing great with the weight although it takes time. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great picture of you two! Love it! Sorry the dog will not use a pet door. So much easier, I can’t imagine having to go out with the dog every single time. Thank goodness you don’t have to diaper him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Lopez did that! What's a Foley Food Mill? Guess I will google it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job sticking with the πŸ”” training. πŸ™‚

    I am on a “plateau” at the moment. Not giving up, because this is practice for maintenance! πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS We have TWO Foley food mills, plus a similar attachment for the mixer πŸ™‚

      Delete
  11. That's the spirit, NEVER give up. Each day is different than the one before, some up & some down - but we never give up on anyone or pets or anything!

    I think that's super, Lopez ringing that bell. See, he knows what he's suppose to do but may find it easier to just do it inside, especially on these cold days. He'll get the real hang of it Lynda.

    Love & Hugs to you & Fred, Beau & Lopez.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Evening Lynda,
    You can't give up - you are my inspiration! I'm glad you got your 10 min. in. I didn't even do that. I went to church, washed a couple of loads of wash then went grocery shopping. Came home and fixed supper then watched football. I haven't been losing either but I think it is because I haven't been eating enough fruitand veggies and drinking water. I think I need to start writing things down again.
    I think female dogs are easier to potty train- don't give up Lopez will get it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to have found your replacement blog, & read all the earlier entries. I'll try to keep up. Congratulations on the continuing weight loss, sorry to hear of Tess, & congratulations to Lopez on his housetraining progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning!
    Once again, I gotta say, I love your blogs first thing in the morning. Remember, just like kids, puppies will forget the drill. It sounds like Lopez is learning.
    My weight has been also holding. I was doing so good and then had company. No matter how hard I tried, 3 pounds found me. It’s a real struggle, but onward I go. Today I go in for my annual checkup. Hopefully she will see at least 20 pounds off. Fingers crossed. I also need to get on that dreadmill.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for Lopez, he is learning. How fun to see you and himself all dressed up for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  16. One day Lopez will get it right everytime! Maybe Lopez thinks it's just to cold to go out and do his business. This too shall pass! Good job on remembering what spark taught us! I am in maintenance so I try to stick within a +/- 3 % of my center weight which is 139 lbs.That is what I consider my happy zone. When I was on spark I had joined a maintenance team (well before I had reached my maintenance area!) and
    4A-HEALTHY-BMI had started a challenge called plus or minus 3%. That was a life saver for me. They have a google group to carry on the 3% challenge which Becky and I still belong to. We do not want to travel outside our happy zone! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor little Lopez!! I wonder if it's just too cold for him. He knows enough to ring to go outside but when he get there he gets so cold he cannot do anything. Such is the life of a wee little pup.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!