Thursday, January 19, 2023

A bunch of "oldies" --but "goldies"--


 Good Morning--  How are you all?--How are things going in your part of the world?--Is the pandemic stuff still stressing you out?--  Do people in your area wear masks--?---  Here, every time I go to town, I now see more people in the grocery with a mask on---(altho there are still lots of people not wearing a mask)-

We are expecting a snow storm--  to begin later in the day, and overnight --5 to 15 cm of snow to fall-- which means, with drifting, it will be more. I cancelled Beau's grooming until  Saturday morning--He will be happy about that!  I will stay home to-day and to-morrow---break out the snowblower  when it starts to pile up--It looks like one of those dark dreary days, outside right now--so, you know something is heading our way.

We did get to the grocery store yesterday--  I only bought a few things--then the Beer store--  I've had Beer bottles sitting  downstairs ready to be returned--  In Canada , you have to go to a special Beer store to buy beer--Yu cannot buy Beer in a grocery store--which means an extra stop-- We also filled up with gas--which was about a $1.6o a litre--  probably a lot more expensive that in the U.S.-

This is a picture of our driveway on a winter day a few years ago--You can see the gate that I talk about-- We do get a lot of snow in this area--even more than in town.


 
Sometimes our part of the world resembles the above cartoon-and we really do say what the people in the picture are saying--because----summer time here is  like living in Heaven--  to me--- That must've been "Coal" on the dock----


We have always had German shepherds ---- now the Chihuahua , who I am learning to listen to-so different than a Shepherd, but, I am learning all his little traits-  For those of you who have had dogs in your life, could you live without one? --You know, I don't think I could, and yet, they are work--
I always thought the above cartoon was pretty funny--true though---What do you think?---  Reality eh?

I love you---  It's ME!!! ---- What would I ever do each day, without all of you to talk to--?- Good thing we are Strong!---

 


8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Lynda! No snow here in Ohio. Rainy and a quick storm this evening. Yes, my husband and I never stopped wearing a mask! There is a new, even more contagious variant right now. The news said 80 percent of people will get it. My home state WV governor is positive right now, the Federal Reserve Chairman is, my sister in Virginia rode in a car evening before last with her best friend who tested positive that night. Seems to be picking up. Maybe ask your daughter if it is and let us know. Yes, I love dogs. You know I just lost my older yorkie, Kilo (Key low). But thank goodness I have my younger one Kloi (Chloe). They are work and expense but give us so much joy! I can’t wait until I guess through the painful time right now. Please don’t do too much with your snow cleanup. Be careful. Hope you have a wonderful day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do brighten my days and I want to thank you for doing so. We are having freezing rain in Kitchener all day today. Be careful snow blowing and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Day, Lynda! It's been clearing off day here, and there's just a bit of sunshine off and on, which really cheers me up. Also tends to melt the icy surfaces!

    Hope your Thursday continues well and love all the "oldies but goodies"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You brighten my day. What would I do without you.
    I have not stopped wearing a mask in stores. Most people don't. We have a large rebellious group of anti vaxers...
    No control. .I do whats best for us.
    Cold,windy dreary day in St.Louos. I could not deal with your snow and then the lovely black flies lol
    Currently don't have a dog nor a cat. I miss pets but...at this age and the expense its best to not have a pet. Pets are great but we have to pass on that love at this stage of life.
    If you have to go snow blowing be safe.
    Play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, of course you brighten up my day...as does your Rascal Flatts song poster.
    We already have the 15 cm of snow. I had to convert it to inches ;-) It will keep snowing until this evening.
    I have the wherewithal to go shopping today, but I am waiting until tomorrow. I will clean the car off after the snow stops and the plowing is done. Of course the path behind the cars will be piled high. After I get the car cleaned off, I will need to figure out where to put that snow behind it so I can back out of my parking spot. We may get a notice to clear the lot so it can be plowed thoroughly. That is good...BUT WE HAFTA GET OUR CARS OUT FIRST!.
    Sigh.
    I know our parts of the world are wonderful in the summer. Minnesota is dubbed "Land of 10,000 Lakes," but we actually have many more lakes than that.
    Maybe next summer I'll get to go to one and/or to one of our large zoos. Adopted local daughters and my own 45 minutes away keep promising...I may end up doing it alone. Also, I am told from MN (and I am sure by you, too), one can see the Northern Lights. That's on my bucket list. I need to check time of year most likely, etc.
    Have a great day relaxing (well, except for the snow blowing. Maybe some music, a kitty cuddle, a good book...a bottle of beer that is full! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still wearing masks here in north Texas, due to so many damned fools around us…land of ignorance….. Careful dealing with all of that snow! Could use some rain though. Some Spring plants are trying to come up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More wearing masks now than before, but not NEARLY enough. I do – regardless.

    I could NOT live w/o a dog! They are just wonderful little creatures.

    And yes, you DOOOOOO brighten my day!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazdog

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been kind of rainy here today but not much freezing rain which a lot of the area is getting. You sure get lots of snow. Please get help from the neighbours or sons with all that. Like all your sayings and pictures today. I wear a mask all the time when I go to the stores. Too many still don't wear them and the latest variant is apparently very infectious.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!