Thursday, January 12, 2023

What-cha-doin?




so---  What are you doing to-day?-----Are  you going to go grocery shopping--?--Are you helping "Sadie"--that cleaning Lady?---I just came in from Snow Blowing-- I did the whole driveway-- It took me--like --over 2 hrs-- but--  I am learning  a lot--  It's the Ego 2 stage Blower--with 2 enormous batteries, which are charging now. NO GAS! ----  I do like it--   I mean, I like the machine!--- The only time the batteries went dead, was when it sucked in the newspaper, and yellow flashing light began, and the machine stopped-  

Anyway, I have learned , that the first thing I do, when I am done blowing snow, is take out the enormous batteries-- then--- I can clean the machine. Ice gets stuck on the black wheel at the back of the motor----Then I can chop off the ice, clean off the snow--and put it in the garage--Son#2 told me to never  clean it  with the batteries in it--- -
-  And, I have learned that you divide the driveway up--begin in the middle of the drive--blow all the one side--  then blow the other side--- Don't go in circles as I used to-- It seems there is an art to cleaning  up the snow---
This is a job that I never-EVER-EVER  wanted to learn how to do--- at my age---Snowblowers looked so scarey---  But, you know, I quite like this machine--I think it's more fun than vacuuming! --  Funny what one learns  and likes, at my age! 
It is hair day--
And it is "Hair Colour" day too! And, now Son#4 is not coming to help Himself-----of course!---  Kids eh?-- They all have a life-- which comes before  helping a Mom or Dad--  I understand all that---  just not  agree with their thoughts--- but--what can I do--
Well. my "REAL" thoughts are more like the above-----but---  what can I do?--  You do what you have to, and you hope the good Lord will take care of the rest.
It is a good thing that we are strong---you know, the more I think of it, the more I believe my Mom must've been a very strong Lady--










11 comments:

  1. Lynda, perhaps Son #4 or 3 or 1 (2 is probably airborne) will want a favor from you and you may say, gee.....sorry......I have other plans????? LOL.....this was suggested by my hubs(David)..........
    That must be a lotta snow girl...hope you got the hair done. I bet if you took Himself with you the hair ladies would make over him and he would be happy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These boys did not come--What is wrong with grown boys these day?-- a neighbour however stopped and cleaned out by the road for me-I shall be eternally grateful! --Lynda

      Delete
  2. You are so accomplished and I'm so proud of you taking on blowing that snow out of your driveway! As for my plans for the day, it's already mostly gone... I went and worked out with the trainer, and I finished reading one of my three books I had in progress! And I'm dinking away at writing my blog, but I took a break to read those of others!

    Hope the rest of your day is restful, and that you got away to the hair lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb how do I read all the blogs--?--- like yers and all--?--Lynda

      Delete
  3. You are strong, brave and capable to learn and operate (let alone clean) that snow blower! I guess that's an advantage to living in a senior apartment building. I just have to shovel around my car sometimes.

    I sure hope your son had a really good reason for not coming to sit with his father for you! Hope your hair appointment goes well. You probably have errands to do, too.

    I had to go get gas and bananas. Got a load of laundry done, too. Very tired now. Getting better though.

    In a few minutes I will be meditating in my recliner, fuzzy blanket on my lap for my kitty to lay on listening to peaceful music. Sigh.

    I know you will let us know tomorrow how today goes for you. Good luck!
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did the drive--but a kind man stopped me when I was closing the gate and offered to clean the snow away from the gate--too good to be true eh?--He called Messi a "pretty Lady""-- LOL-- made an old Lady happy--(ME)_ Lynda

      Delete
  4. You are something blowing all that snow. I'm glad you don't hate doing it BUT where are sons?
    Gosh darn it. So sorry son is unable to stay with Fred. I liked your inserts. I hear you. I'd be very disappointed he's unable to come AND the other 2 nearby haven't offered. ggrrrr. Fred might enjoy going along. I'm sure the women at the shop would give him attention.
    I'm cleaning, doing laundry and working on tax prep groan.
    Enjoy hair day. Be safe and warm.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did the whole drive, but when I got back with the hair-do--a patient of Himself, stopped and cleaned out the drive out by the road-==He made my day---Lynda

      Delete
  5. Your snowblower sounds like a pretty big machine. It is hard to picture you doing that huge driveway with it. I am glad that you enjoy it, but don't over do it . You should probably rest at least five minutes half way through. I hope you were able to still get your hair done with your son not coming to look after Himself.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Madeline-- I did go to get colour --then the hair-do-- and I brought supper home-- when I arrived home, a truck stopped out by the gate , to talk-- He said he was a patient of Himself for a long time--then he offered to clean out the drive, out by the gate--AND HE DID IT! --So nice of him eh?--Lynda

      Delete
  6. You are like the Energizer bunny - just keep on going and going! Can't believe that with 3 grown sons living close by that you can't get help with spending some time with their father! You better try the alzheimers society again for some help. Glad you were able to get your hair done!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!