Monday, February 20, 2023

Everyday of your life is a special occasion-


Everyday of our lives is a special occasion---  I never thought of that before---EVERYDAY  in OUR LIFE IS A SPECIAL OCCASION----I need to write that  on my glasses-- because I never looked at life like that before-If I knew that I wouldn't be here to-morrow---would I allow "stuff" to upset me to-day?--definitely not--Would  I try harder to please people?--- Well, yes--for sure! ---  Would I still try to keep the house  so clean?--NO!-----  Would I get out for a walk , instead of doing so much house work?---YES!--For SURE! --------  It is a different way of thinking---

It is cold!--Little Lopez did nothing outside this AM--Beau did! ---  and for anyone asking  about Sushi- the cat who moved in from the cold, -she says "thank yu very much for thinking of her! "--

It is Family Day , a statutory holiday, to-day in Canada--a long Holiday weekend--It is cold also, so already I see Ski-Doos flying up the lake--probably to ice fish--and we have sunshine, so it might warm up--I hope! 


 

There are times that one has to stand up for what one believes in---  when necessary--when someone has taken advantage of you--- 
Well, yesterday, I did that---  and it "righted" a situation---and you know what?--I felt so much better -- I never want to hurt the other person involved--but--I corrected the situation--- myself---and I did it I think with dignity--  I guess one has to believe in what is right-- that you can do this----- and what happened was not your fault--so get out there and  correct  whatever was arranged and get your $$ back-- but--I still don't believe that I can make anything happen--LOL

-Himself is now wearing one ear---one hearing aid--and it does help him with his speech-- poor guy! --  When a person cannot hear, they become so confused!--a difficult time ---for the wife also--LOL_You know, there're no classes  given on aging-- We are supposed to just "wing" it--Too bad eh?--


--Yes for sure, as Alice says above,  "How Queer everything is to-day! Yesterday things went on just as usual"-------It certainly has become an adventure everyday!- 

-anew riddle ----I hope your President's Day is a special day for you-- or--in Canada, our family day  -- Life is good if we make it that way!-- 





 



16 comments:

  1. I haven't thought of every day being a special occasion but after reading your blog I realize it is. Thank you. It is amazing how wearing one hearing aid is helping Himself with his speech. Hopefully he will continue to at least wear one each day. Enjoy family day and the sunshine. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to see the sun---- Hope spring is on its way-:Lynda

      Delete
  2. It's Kathy - I am hoping for spring to come early! I'm really done with this awful winter weather. My husband offered to drive me to the gym this morning - there's ice everywhere from the rain earlier in the week and now snow on top of it. He's a really good driver and he was sliding around. I agree, we must make every day a special day! I'm glad to year that you stood up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I did--- and I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to asking for $$ back--- but--I got part of the $$$ back-- better than nothings-lynda

      Delete

  3. More and more I am learning that housework will ALWAYS be. A sunny day might not. Time with family might not. Prioritizing!

    Awww, I am sure Sushi is much happier now inside!

    Glad that DH is at least wearing one hearing aide *SIGH*

    Hope it warms up a little for little lopez! Cold weather is hard on their tiny bodies.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Housey stuff --yes--- will always be here for sure-- time wit family is much more precious--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Liked your note today. Unfortunately I don't think many of us realize that each day is an extraordinary day. Thanks for the reminder.
    You did GREAT sticking up for yourself.... very good. Glad to hear about your success.
    One hearing aid is better than none. Well take it for openers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--Yes Margene--One hearing aid is a lot better than none-- and Son#3 the Police son told me to get over there and get my $$ back--It wa the neighbour who was supposed to do our drive--His wife refunded only half the $$--- BUT--- I DID GO AND GET IT----LOL--- Hard for me to go over there-- Lynda

      Delete
  5. Glad you took hold of the situation you had and got it straightened out. Feels good to do some right for yourself! Smart to look at good days as special as you never know what tomorrow will be l like. Have a good evening,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Brenda-- had to ask that neighbour for my $$ back--the guy who was supposed to do out driveway-- and--his wife only gave me half the $$$-- -Oh well--Live and learn I guess-- Lynda

      Delete
  6. Lynda, you are right on with your posters...and quotes. Saved a couple. Love Alice, but will wait for the right time in my life to share it.
    Poor Lil Lopez! Bet he went somewhere...or will the next time you take him out.
    We are soon to be in a massive lots of state's blizzard warning. I knew winter wasn't over yet! Will need to pull out the magnetic windshield cover I received for Christmas.
    The meal with my daughter at our favorite restaurant went wonderfully. For appetizers we got crab Rangoon, garlic green beans, salmon sushi. She got her entree and I got my Ma Po Tofu I also brought home an order of their sweet, spicy eggplant with brown rice (more nutritious). We shared a dessert that was their version of apple pie. Crispy won ton type rolls filled with apple and served with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I should have taken photos. Don't know how to post them here for you, but I could have on FB.
    I wonder if you are to be part of that blizzard? We have to believe that we can do anything...and that spring will be coming soonest. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also happy Himself is wearing an ear. Why not both I wonder? It is easier for you when he wears them.

      Delete
    2. He is so stubborn-- so-that is why he wore only one ear--- but even with one, it helps -- Your blizzard will be here over night--5 to 10cm of snow is on its way--Yuckers--It means more work for me---I loved to hear about yer meal out--It sounds delicious-- Always good to hear from yu-- hugs, Lynda

      Delete
    3. Oh I really hope that Spring will be here soon--LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  7. Hope you do not get all of that darned snow, darn it!!

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!