Friday, February 3, 2023

Sometimes a hug is all you need--


 Good cold morning---minus 31C outside right now!--SO so cold! ----another night  with the tap dripping to save the water line-- but----  THE GOOD NEWS--In a couple of days we will be ABOVE zero-- --The story of this winter--- the temperature is so "up and down"  .

Big Beau has not been out--nor has Lopez, the Chihuahua-- (He might not get out---at least until it warms up a bit--)

Well, yesterday I blew snow  a bit--I am happy that I did now. I was afraid that the piles of snow I had put beside the bricks would be frozen overnight, and impossible to remove--I hear that our neighbour is not well-- so, he might not appear anyway to-day--

AND--IT IS HAIR DAY----My hair Lady has been away--but is back to-day-so, its so important that I get out of the driveway--plus I do have errands to run! 

So, how are you all?-- Do you find that our days are so different from all the days when we raised our families?----Or is it that we are just more aware of the news of the world?--perhaps more time to listen to  the news  now?-----or--do you even listen to to-day's news?--
The above is  my Mom--on the rt, in the yellow dress-- She was a very strong person--a teacher--- and before that , started a "Parent Education" group, for families who lived in London, ON., helping parents   raise their families.--- I believe she was a woman ahead of her time!-- she and Dad, raised the 5 of us kids--
This was Mom and Dad--- note--- the clothing-- No jeans-- women in those days wore "house dresses " to do housework--
I'm the one  sitting behind my Mom--You are all familiar with her famous expression, "Lord Love A Duck"----and many more---  Do we even have expressions that we all use, in to-days world?  -What are they?---I can hear her say right now--"Good Heavens"---How times have changed eh?--- We never had a TV  for many years-- I can remember sitting in front of our tall brown wooden radio--listening to a man shouting--and feeling very frightened-- and I remember "The Teddy Bears Picnic--on CBC--at noon hour-----and the music that was with it--no computers--our telephone attached to the wall in the kitchen--but--We did hear that "One day everyone would have a phone in their pocket"--which seemed impossible then!- 

I have no idea how I ever got on to all of this---  I must venture into the cold outside, with big Beau-- He goes out no matter what the temperature-
-A new day---How fortunate we are to be a part of it! 

We must have confidence in ourselves----We must believe that "WE" are gifted for something---





21 comments:

  1. I never thought of that--the younger generation-- worrying more than us-- Is that what yu mean??-- -"No New is good news" --Is that what thy say??-- So cold to-day Barb!-Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You physically resemble your Mom and it seems that you also inherited her take charge, get it done attitude, as well! Can’t say I blame Lopez for not wanting to venture out…way toooo cold! I still marvel that we carry little computers everywhere we go…any info we want/need literally available 24/7. I never imagined that could be; seems like magic!
    Hope you enjoy your hair/errand outing! Eissa7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is amazing isn't it-- carrying a mini computer with us-- A computer in my Public School day was as large as a room--Lynda

      Delete
  3. We’re having frigid weather today, too, but not as cold as yours. -20C and -26C wind chill. Cold enough, right!

    Hope you get out for your hair appointment! You need that ME time.

    Oh the days are definitely different than when I raised my family. Busy, but in different ways!

    How did women do it back then w/o jeans??? In cold weather??? BRRRrrrr.

    I can remember reading Dick Tracy comics and him talking into his watch! What a dream, I thought. And today . . . I talk into my smart watch! Amazing, isn’t it.

    Love your family pictures.

    And sending MANY hugs your way . . . for sure, that’s all we need sometimes to feel better.

    (((HUGS))))

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb for the big hugs-- And you talk into yer Smart watch--=Ever nice!--Lynda

      Delete
  4. Cold in St.Louis with wind chills 10F but nothing like yours. Reading yours makes me cold and you get out there and snow blow. You are amazing.
    Enjoyed the family pictures and your inserts
    ENJOY your me time at the hairdresser. Hope DH will be OK at home sigh.
    Play your piano. Please. We all enjoy thar.
    Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took 30 minutes this AM--and played the piano--- Lynda

      Delete
  5. Our temps are dropping today was about 6F this morning but is supposed to be -17F tonight and colder with the wind chills. I got out with the dog this morning before it started dropping so she will only need a quick potty later today. Is himself staying alone while you go and do errands? I hope he will be ok if he is. Gonna go and do some cooking to add some warmth to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just mean they are supposed to be taking over nowadays. Some of the hot button topics of my youth, well, I'm not young any more... theirs to solve now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really cold here too. With the wind chill its -28 now. No wonder Lopez does't want to go out. Hope you had a good hair day. Sounds like your neighbour may not be too reliable. You should try to get hold of the guy & his son who stopped the other week to help you out. Our weather is supposed to really warm up on Sunday to a high of +4 - what a change! Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda --here too--- much milder next week--Yeah!! -Lynda

      Delete
  8. Hope you were able to get the hair done and your errands ran...in spite of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair is so much better!--Yu gotta love that hairdresser--Lynda

      Delete
  9. Love the photos. It was very cold here today and I stayed inside. Daisy went out a couple of times but she didn't like the cold either. I think life is very different than when I was raising my children. I used to leave my door unlocked so my kids' friends could come by even if we weren't home. Now the door is locked and dead bolted - it just doesn't feel safe out there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this is Kathy by the way

      Delete
    2. Kathy-- The world is different now---- or--is it that we are smarter?--Lynda

      Delete
  10. You will enjoy your hair and errand day with your regular stylist!

    Cold here, too. It's to be -25F overnight. The for tomorrow it will be 32F---right at freezing. If the sun is out, maybe we'll have just a bit of melting in our lot.

    Expressions...When I didn't want to go out in the rain, I remember mama saying, "Why not? You're not so sweet you'll melt!"

    I remember a step-grandma saying, "Bless your heart!" a lot.

    You must really blog early, Lynda, to be doing it before the pups are even out! Good for you.

    We are determined to go to karaoke tomorrow night. I will be super very exhausted when we get home. Taking 2 ladies and a puppy, loading and unloading...twice... a bariatric walker. It will be worth it, though.

    You enjoy your weekent, too! We ARE strong. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love yer comments--Yes we are strong--We have to be--and good for you to getting out to Keraoke--My Mom said that too-"Bless yer Heart!"--Lynda

      Delete
  11. Yes----- They can take over--that younger generation-Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to laugh to myself watching a movie the other day and heard someone says, "Lord Love a Duck" and thought of you right away.

    We were in the freezing cold last week and finally climbed out of it and had 51 today, but I heard the cold will be back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankful you had your hair done. Hope the neighbor does not cheat you, saying he would remove the snow, accepting money, no paper work deal.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!