Wednesday, February 8, 2023

There're so many reasons to be happy-

 

To-day, Thursday, February 8th, is  to-day---  be happy, because it is "Laugh and get rich day to-day--
 It is also,  "Boy Scouts anniversary day" (Feb. 5th--to 11th)--- "National Kite Flying Day" ---and  "Propose Day"---  and many more  ways to observe to-day are suggested online.--

It is the 39th day  of the year--

The quote of the day is, "Laugh and Be Happy"---I shall try---

Little Lopez needs a bath-- which will be done as soon as I get off of here---- I took him out but, he is still a tad traumatized from us "crating " him last evening, as we went out to Son#1's restaurant to celebrate his daughter's 9th Birthday--It was good to  be with the family and a wonderful celebration--

And it was the first time in years that we have eaten in a restaurant-- unmasked--  they put us in a separate room-- no other  people in there but family-- and--EVEN HIMSELF got to go and felt comfortable.---

WE have SUNSHINE to-day--"Sunshine and Lollipops"--LOL----The lollipops I suppose  are because it is NOT snowing!--Lord love a Duck! --To-morrow , I hear , more snow is heading our way-- on top of the 20,000 feet we already have--  (You know , I am exaggerating)---- It feels like that much however!

I am still house hunting--  There are a few options on the table-- but nothing serious yet--   I wonder how a 94 year old man will cope with a move?-- Will it confuse him more--or because of the smaller size of a new place, will life be easier for him?--  And moving into  town and seeing more traffic, daily--AND PEOPLE--Will that help him or hinder?---  Have any of you (well you must've)-- experienced this in your lives--moving from an enormous place to a small place---- I feel it will be better for myself--but --I wonder how  Himself will cope?--

So, Lopez has to get his bath-- I will be his Dog Groomer-----  Funny, When we came back to rescue Lopez , from his crate, last evening, he would not leave my lap-- Poor wee guy-- Beau was dog sitting him, lying right beside his crate---   but he was very happy to see us return home. 

One more thing --I just remembered my Dad, a Civil Engineer , when we lived in Ottawa, when he was working on drawings of buildings that were going to be built- He always said, "They have to be made earth quake proof"-- so required more work in the design----I guess Ottawa is an earthquake area--I had forgotten all that until we watched the earthquake on the news and  the rubble from the buildings--  So sad-- 

But-- to-day  is a day to laugh--  put the sides of your mouth  up--smile-- Be Happy-- You are allowed to-day! --AND_-You must! 




22 comments:

  1. The sun is shining here in Kitchener and that is a great reason to smile. They are calling for freezing rain most of tomorrow but that will hopefully change. I am happy to hear that you and Himself had an enjoyable time at your granddaughters birthday party. It must have been a real treat to be out in a restaurant unmasked after at least three years. Have a wonderful happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are calling for bad weather here to-morrow too-and --its hair day-- LOL-Lynda

      Delete
  2. Awesome news that you both got to go to sons restaurant and no mask. I know you both enjoyed that outing.
    I'm glad you are looking at smaller housing options. It will be an adjustment for both of you but you'll both settle in and get used to a new place AND hopefully be glad you made the move. Cant predict how himself might react.
    Have a great day, smile. Play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no mask--- and it felt good-- LOL--- Lynda

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear that you both went to the Granddaughter's Birthday Party . . . I am sure she was glad you were there too. Like I have said before we moved from a large house 4 years ago to this smaller one. We are in New Hampshire now and we were in Vermont over 40 years. It was an adjustment I won't lie. . . .I was use to knowing where everything was and how to get around. I do most of the driving here. . . DH doesn't really like to drive my car and I have learned new places. The house is so much easier for my "Sadie" to keep clean. All in all we are happy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel a smaller place would be much easier to keep clean--and yu do all the driving --like I do-Lynda

      Delete
  4. Hugs Lynda....
    Glad y'all got to go to the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like "old times""-- LOL-- Lynda

      Delete
  5. Now I know what happened to my comment a couple days ago...today I had to enter my name (I haven't had to do that in forever). I didn't do that the last couple days. My last night's comment is probably under annomyous, too. You know it is me though by the {{{HUGS}}}
    No on to today...there are always reasons to be happy and smile. Sometimes we just have to look a bit harder to notice them. All I have to do is focus on my Lucky kitty and how much I love him. Changes my 'bad' mood every time.
    I do not know how Himself will do with the move. I would keep as much of what he loves still in similar places. You know, armchair, tv, even wastebaskets. That should help.
    It is 40F here! Things are melting. Of course, the puddles may well freeze again overnight.
    Sigh. Gotta get to the community laundry room to put my load in the dryer before someone else needs the washer.
    Sorry this is so short...but just know you are loved and supported by your followers!{{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think yu all are special--just to read the blogs--then comment--and I appreciate yu very much-Lynda

      Delete
  6. I also get 'an error occurred' meaning my post wasn't published. I bet sometimes I don't notice that...and I think I have posted...but you can't see it! Sigh. Figuring this out and (Lately) keeping my doc appointments straight (some are local in person, some are video appointments for the VA)...I don't know is it's [post-covid brain fog or maybe...I am losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I see your post---- wonder why yu had a problem?-- Oh--I see another post just above this-Lynda

      Delete
  7. Glad you both got to go to the birthday party at a restaurant. Poor Lopez - he certainly depends on you for safety and happiness! It's hard moving froma much bigger place to something much smaller. I did it after the pandemic had started and couldn't get rid of furniture, etc as Salvation Army was closed for that. Ended up having to leave a whole houseful of good furniture for the next owners. If you have stuff you have kept forever like documents, papers, bills, etc. you will need to shred a bunch of stuff. Hard to say how himself would react to a change. I expect it will be a little difficult for him but who knows. Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, we have so much furniture -- Oh well-- AND--it seems lies lot of work--- but--hopefully the driveway wont be as long--to snowplow-Lynda

      Delete
  8. How nice to be able to all go out to a restaurant together for a celebration. The first time back in a restaurant was weird, takes some getting used to again.

    My mom has always been thinking of downsizing houses. I think it would be a little confusing g to himself at first, but like you said a smaller place might be easier for him.

    Have a good rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt so good to order from a menu-- Lynda

      Delete
  9. Moving would be a big decision and you never know how it will be, remember that at least you will have more time to deal with Himself and more energy to handle the problems. Lots of luck finding the "perfect" house but it will come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to find the perfect house--- lynda

      Delete
  10. She's nine already? I remember when she was new-born!

    Hope Lopez likes being all cleaned up, and the rest of your day has gone well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This little girl is 9 yrs old now-- Time flies eh?--- Always good to hear from yu Barb-Lynda

      Delete
  11. Himself will not be gloriously happy, no matter where you go! Don’t let that stop you. He will get used to it. My mother lived in a new place until 102 years old. It was comfy to her.😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that you told me about your Mother-- i feel he will get used to it too-Lynda

      Delete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!