Sunday, February 19, 2023

What do you call a bear with no teeth?

It is supposed to be Lopez and I---  sitting---  --  We have sun---  no snow falling  outside   and it is warmer than it has been--well, mild!--  

Lopez woke me up at 5am--and I even got up--I was awake and thought, "If I am going to make banana bread, I may as well stay up--"---  so---- a   loaf of home made  banana bread was  made and driven down to Son#1 --- and it was still warm--

 After walking Lopez ---  I came in and thought , "Well, I better make applesauce"--To-morrow I shall take a jar of that too, to Son #1----You see, it was him who helped us with the ice-y driveway-- sent his sander over here---  I had ordered a sander to come here-- left a message  on a phone---  and a sander came on that very ice-y day---Apparently the company I ordered it from do not do sanding-- but---- a truck pulled in---here----  Son#1 had ordered it for his place--and told them to sand out driveway--  kinda confusing isn't it?---  I hope  these home made gifts of food will make up for  me complaining about  no-one  coming to help us out--I am sorry I did that!--


--When I make applesauce , I soak the apples for quite some time in water---  There is spray on them and I want that to be rinsed off--  Then I cut up the apples into quarters,  score them, and cook them in a large pot-skin and all--  I add a substantial amount of water to the pot with the apples in it-- almost covering the apples-- When they are soft (cooked)-- I take a soup ladel and scoop the cooked apples and water into a "Foley Food Mill--"---which is hanging over an enormous dish--  I crank the foley food Mill--and it squishes the apples and water---into the dish below--skin and all--but as you crank the Food mill, the skin is separated from the apples ----  add sugar to taste ( depending on the size of your dish-- The above picture took 2 cups of sugar---)-   I put the applesauce in sealer jars as they can be opened and used when ever you want applesauce for dessert-


I liked the above picture-- I do try to be on my best behaviour -----sometimes I become a tad rattled----  and --the best behaviour is not what it used to be--As one ages and one is unable to do what we used to do---words which we don't mean to say, just come out your mouths-----
The 2 boys(as in dogs) are chomping at the bit to get out--AGAIN-------  so, here I go---
 We all need a laugh--- I thought the above pretty cute!--- ----a bear with no teeth----A Gummy Bear! 

Don't forget to be strong--- 






 




 

15 comments:

  1. Yum, banana bread. And even more yum, homemade applesauce! Apples must be a lot cheaper in your neck of the woods than they are around here (and I'm in Washington State, apple land). My husband doesn't like cooked apples so I do make it for myself once it a while.

    I'd wondered if one of the sons had ordered the sanding truck to come by, and it turns out to be the case. Very thoughtful of Son #1. Would he have even thought of that, though, before you outed him in the drive-by-beeping blog? One wonders. Perhaps that was the wake-up call your family needed to realize you have passed the age where you can handle everything on your own and make it look easy. In any case, I think he will welcome the thank-you goodies from his mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were so right--It was Son#1--- and I was so grateful-- so--yes, I am trying to be a good Mom--- and keep my mouth shut--LOL---Lynda

      Delete
  2. A gummy bear! How cute! I will have to share that one with my youngest grandkids! They will get a kick out of it! I used to do a riddle a day with my students when I was a Kg teacher! Funny how much more one can get done when we get up early! I lose my "getupandgo" by the afternoon! Glad you are having some milder weather! Supposed to be 60 degrees here today.....strange for February! Maybe I will work outside on my rock pile! Taking Son#1 homemade goodies is a great idea! Shows lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, remember the day I was out blowing snow and he drove by and peeped-- and I kinda lost it--I am just trying to make it up to him-__ hard some days eh?-Lynda

      Delete
  3. Happy Sunday! Our favorite day, Lynda! Sunny and 51 here in Ohio. A gummy bear! Lol So kind of you to make and deliver such delicious thank you treats to your son! You are truly wonderful! Enjoy your lovely day!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I try to be a good Mom but there are times I kinda blow
      my stack--LOL--- Lynda

      Delete
  4. Your applesauce sounds wonderful. The only I would add if I was making it is cinnamon. And I would try to find organic apples at a good price to avoid having to soak them.
    Your son will appreciate your gifts, I am sure.
    We sure could use a sander for our driveway, too. Any chance he could come to Minnesota?
    I am glad I do not have to take my cat out to do business. Just monitor his litter box. His previous owner had him declawed, and it's hard for him to bury it himself. He does his best; I do the rest. It is now against the law in MN to declaw cats!
    I wish I could rescue all the feral cats and 'wild' dogs. If I did, though, I'd probably want to do the same for all the wild critters. That, of course, is not possible or necessary.
    You didn't mention Himself or Sushi, so I assume they are doing well. That's good. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself is wearing his ears now for 2 days--and things are improving-- and big beau is a good boy and Sushi is the best cat ever--LOL-- Love that yu asked-LyndA

      Delete
  5. Up at 5:00 and making banana bread. No one could ever call you lazy! No wonder you get tired and need a nap sometimes. I couldn't do half of what you do! I don't think you were wrong to get upset about no one stopping to help - maybe it was a turning point. You've had more help since then. So don't beat yourself up for saying things. And I agree we say things we don't always mean to as we get older!Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda thank yu--- I love these boys of mine-- a great deal-- but there are tIMES __WELL__YU KNOW_- LOl--Lynda

      Delete
  6. The homemade treats sound delicious and very thoughtful of you. Lynda, after you got upset and outed son for driving past you out there...he has done more to help. We all say things that, maybe, should not be said...BUT...since then you've gotten more help. No guilt. Of course you are a good mom...no doubt about it. Your applesauce sounds great. I'd need a bit of cinnamon. Bananna bread still WARM....cant get better.
    Liked all the inserts.
    Take a nap lol
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margene--Thank yu-- Yu know, being a Mom is difficult at times-- (like seeing yer kids do stuff yu dont agree with)_ particularly when they know deep down that I am right--I really do try to keep the mouth shut-- but-- there are times-----and I do regret it --- so--I hope the banana bread will help--and the applesauce-- I love these grown boys--a lot--- and I do try to not be their Mom anymore--try to accept them as thy are--- but---- once in a blue moon eh--- words are exchanged-- I thank yu so much for understanding-I know yu do-Lynda

      Delete
  7. You can't beat homemade anything. It looks delicious. We've had sunny days, but snow is back on schedule later in the week. Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes-Snow here this week also-- Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my . . . homemade banana bread, homemade applesauce . . . yes, I'd say those are grounds for forgiveness!

    LOVE the Gummy Bear!

    HUGS
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!