Wednesday, February 15, 2023

To-day I am a real "Stick in the mud"


Good day to you-- We have rain falling --It is mild--- and the 1000 ft of snow all over the place, is now melting--turning into an ocean--of WATER!!!  --Everywhere----with ice---   It is like a "John's Town Flood"----on the sidewalks---all over the back road----- (I have no idea what or where a "John's Town Flood" was, but I remember Mom saying that when we spilled water all over---or our glass of milk would tip)----  I have been pouring salt where I can------ and those bags of salt weigh a ton-

Needless to say, little Lopez has not done his business. I tried to walk him along the edge of the back road, but, it was a matter of time before one of use was going to fall---very dangerous---  and scare-y--even when I had a long stick (Himself's stick)- to use to help me to remain stable--upright--

I think I heard that we will get a "flash freeze" around dinner --This winter has been like this--  a couple of very cold days--then about 4 days of above zero temperatures---

I am expecting 2 Ladies to descend upon us, about 4pm-- Hopefully they have a person in mind to be here -perhaps a few hours a week , so I could get into town and leave Himself  home -- even just once a week--Maybe better days are on the way-----

Is it milder in your neck of the woods?--- Are you getting these up and down temperatures?----
Sometimes, I wish I could just stick my head in the sand, like the picture above----hide from everything there is to do--- I try to sit at the piano when life gets a tad over powering--What do you do when  there seems to be so much on yer plate?---  I used to shop--  that's not happening too much anymore-- I also took many many fitness classes---  that's not happening anymore either--you know, when I think of it, maybe I am like the guy in the picture--a real  "stick in the mud"---Life changes as one ages--- 
I do like Snoopy's  advice---  Never take a day for granted-- Smile--Cherish the little things and remember to hug the ones you love-

11 comments:

  1. It's pretty mild here but such a strong wind! It's not a cold wind but really howling outside. Rain then snow expected but with the crazy temps - who knows? We're to get very cold weather again, I think starting Friday.

    I am so glad that you have an appt with these ladies today and hopefully they'll be able to send someone to be there when you want to go shopping; hair done; any appointments. That will give you peace of mind, having someone stay with Fred.

    Take care, don't even try to go out when it's icy, a fall would really be bad. Let us know how the appt goes today, fingers crossed!

    Love & Hugs, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping some good plans come into formation after the visit by the health team today. Hope you got your bananas yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mild and melty here in NH the last few days . . .rain expected Friday and then cold again for one day before being mild and melty again. I will take it this winter with the price of propane I would just as soon have a mild winter. Good Luck with the ladies this afternoon . . . hope they have to options for you as far as help goes. I am off to the eye doctor for the first time in 4 years. . . I definitely need some new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping for the best outcome after your visit today. Like Snoopy says Always believe that something wonderful is going to happen. Be very careful when you are outside on the ice. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that you are inside w/dangerous walking conditions. That’s what it’s going to be like here tomorrow. 4-8 in. of snow overnight then . . . very cold. Stay safe!

    I sure hope that the result of the visit from the 2 ladies is help for you!

    No you’re not a stick in the mud! You are prioritizing how you expend your energy! That is SMART!

    Hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes our temps are up and down. Rain yesterday but sunshine and 60F today. 20F tomorrow and Friday. Please don't go walking out there....way too dangerous.
    I'm hoping for good news when the ladies come. Fingers crossed.
    I usually eat when I'm stressed...NOT GOOD.
    Play your piano.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Kathy - yes, I feel like the guy in the photo some days too. We had rain yesterday - ALL day! Today our driveway is sheer ice, so is a lot of the path in the back yard for Daisy. Poor little girl nearly fell when she went outside this afternoon - came back in without taking care of business. I think it scares her. I hope you can get some help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was in the 30sF today, but it will be well below 0F overnight. I filled my gas tank and added Heet. I didn't need banana yet, but got 3 of my favorite humongus blueberry muffins at the station (it is also a convenient store).All the stuff that was slush and water froze solid overnight. Not quite warm enough today to start to melt again.
    When I feel overwhelmed...I often take a nap. Or, depending on the time of the day, meditate.
    May have said this yesterday. If I did, please forgive me. I went to the eye doc for what I thought was a regular checkup. Turns out I have an infection in my eyes. That may be one reason my eyes get so tired on the computer.
    What bird is it that is said to stick their head in the sand? Flamingo, stork? Hmm...could google it, I guess.
    I probably have said this before, too...I'd love to hear you play the piano.
    Hope you let us know about the visit with the ladies and how they can help you and Himself! {{{HUG}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was really cranky and "flat" on Monday, just did not want to be there, had had such a wonderful Sunday. I came home from work and drew a hot bath and threw a bath bomb in there, it even had gold sparkles, and took a nice long soak. Ever thought of doing something like that to pamper yourself? Even for just a half hour. Close your eyes, breathe in the Epsom salts or whatever you throw in, and relax..........and breathe. I felt like a zillion bucks after that, and went right to bed and to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's still warm here today but tomorrow it's going to get colder for a couple of days. May get freezing rain late tomorrow afternoon. By the weekend nice for 2 days and then cold again. So will have some slippery times too. Be careful when you're outside. Hope all went well with your visit with the ladies today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Johnstown Flood happened in Pennsylvania in 1899. The Wikipedia entry is interesting.

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!