Wednesday, February 1, 2023

"Only YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR HAPPINESS"


 -A brand new month--WooWoo!  It is the 32nd day of the year--333 days remaining until the end of this year--AND---- WE ARE ALIVE! ---the very most special part of to-day!

I have heard from son #2, the air Canada Pilot-- He says it is colder   at his cottage, where they are, than here--minus 24C  there!--- Our daughter in Ohio has called also--says she has been out  and it is cold there--

But the "cold" is not the only reason why February is so special, -or so  terribly cold-- It is  known as National Freedom Day --freedom from slavery---(so I read!)- 

February is special to me, because it is my sister's Birthday this month-It is also special because there are fewer than 30 days in February--one less day of winter!  But, next year, 2024, will be a Leap year, so there will be 29 days--one more cold day-

-anyway,  there are 8 more reasons that this month will be fun--

#1.  There will be a Fun Food Day--

#2. Ground Hog Day is Feb 2nd--- (and he will predict SPRING!

#3. Valentine's Day, Feb 14th-- a day to express your love-

#4. President's Day  is the 3rd Monday--in the U.S. We have "Family Day" in Canada--A long weekend-

#5. It's American Heart Month and Black History Month

#6.  Feb 17th- Random Acts of Kindness Day-(I like that!)

#7. Feb 29th-- celebrate Leap Year

#8, You are  Lucky if you were born in Feb.--  with the colour purple and  the birthstone is  the amethyst , known for spiritual protection and their healing powers


My advice----"-JUST BE YOURSELF"----don't allow the  crazies to get you down--It is another extremely cold day here outside , and I can feel the cold coming in the walls--- We had to keep the kitchen tap dripping slightly so nothing would freeze-

-Wee little Lopez was kinda crying about 4am , in his crate beside my bed, snd when I turned on the bedside light, he had no covers on--so, I covered him all up and patted him and said, "Now yu go to sleep"--- AND HE DID--till 5-30am-- his magic wake -up time!- I could tell it was a cold night too,  outside, as Sushi, the cat who came in from the cold, many years ago, jumped up on our bed, and crawled across Himself, and plunked herself on my chest , purring, to be patted and warmed up--

No wonder I need a nap every afternoon eh?----

--7 Rules Of Life----

 #1-LET it go

#2.---Ignore Them

#3--Give it time-- and there is a STAY CALM---and more--

I have pasted these in front of my glasses ---  and in my  head---I do like #6 also-- 

"ONLY YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR HAPPINESS"


21 comments:

  1. Those are 7 great Rules of Life. I think the easiest one is #7 Smile and when we smile at someone else we will usually get a smile back. For a short month there is a lot happening in the month of February. Try to stay warm and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree--SMILING is the best--and yes,February will be a fun month-Lynda

      Delete
  2. Love those rules of life. Cold is such a relative thing, but we can count on our fur-friends to let us know when it really *is* cold. My kitties deciding to stay in and use the litter box is a sure sign!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even your cats stayed in -- yes sushi comes in every night--Lynda

      Delete
  3. Still dealing with ice storm, here in north Texas. No schools, post offices, deliveries for awhile. Lucky to have power, other areas don’t. The storm is coming through again now, trucks stalled on over passes, accidents, ambulances have trouble getting through. A mess, supposed to be done by tomorrow afternoon. But not as cold as YOU have it! Keep yourself warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no--- WE saw more pictures on the news this morning of yer roads with vehicles sliding all over-It mustve been terrible!-Lynda

      Delete
  4. It isn't as cold here in NH as it is going to get yet . . .and the super cold is only supposed to last a few days. I don't really mind the cold as long as it is sunny and the super cold only comes in spurts. Love the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything better with the sunshine--doncha think?--Lynda

      Delete
  5. I went back to work today, after 4 days of not being there (and 2 days on the weekend), so altogether I've been sick for 6 days. I can kind of smell and kind of taste, and my hearing is coming back. It was all in my head this time around, and not in my chest, and that makes it a lot better. But that's 4 days I don't get paid, since I'm only part-time. Oh well. It was going around, almost everyone had it there. And NO, it wasn't COVID, I already tested for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People here are getting the new flu--adults too-- Seems like it is like a cold-- Lynda

      Delete
  6. The Rules of Life are great. Poor Lopez. At least you got him warmed up and back to sleep. Hope you don't get any more snow for awhile. stay warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More snow tomorrow I hear-- Yuck!--I was shovelling out by the gate----before the snow plough goes by-- Lynda

      Delete
  7. Great share Lynda. I really like the Rules of Life. Lot of truth in those rules.
    Lopez is an early riser....yes, you're entitled to a nap after very early morning antics. Sushi needed some human heat lol.
    Its a tad warmer in St.Louis today 20F AND the sun was out...gone now but it was out for a bit. I really noticed the "light" around 7AM.today. Spring IS coming.
    Enjoy your day. Stay warm and safe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND--it was light this evening till 6pm--really nice--Hugs, Lynda

      Delete
  8. Paceka1: Thanks for posting some good things about February - it has always been my least favorite month. But now I have some good things to think of! It's very cold here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some pretty good things happening this month--Valentines day will be fun----Good to hear from yu-Lynda

      Delete
  9. Lynda, you are so right! Everyone has their path through life. I follow the Law of Attraction...but everyone learns some of that Law whether or not they even know what it is! We are here for freedom, growth and JOY!
    Yes...if we 'choose a better thought,' look at the positive side of things...we CAN make our own happiness.
    Still bitter cold here, too...I posted the temps yesterday.
    Happy to see you mentioned your son.
    Lopez and Sushi were cold! Probably Beau has a thick enough coat to keep him warm.
    I will look on-line tomorrow to see what the Ground Hog says. Did you know that another name for groundhog is 'woodchuck.' Another name, one I did not know is 'whistle pig.'
    It may be the coldest month, but it's one month closer to spring...birds, green trees, flowering bushes (my lilacs), more little critters running around even in town, bugs, weeds...but no parka, hat, gloves or mittens. Oh, please, ground hog, let it be soon! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are 1 month closer to spring-- I hear we are going to get MORE SNOW tomorrow and I jus cleaned it all up-- LOl-Lynda

      Delete
  10. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones my birthday is next week. I'm pretty happy with the month I'm born in.

    Finally we got sun and the snow started to melt. We're in a heatwave at 37. I'm sure snow and freezing temps will be back soon. Maybe we'll be spared by the Ground Hog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu are very lucky got have a Birthday this month-- Lynda

      Delete
  11. Awwwwww glad that you heard Lopez and covered him up and he went back to sleep! Gooooood boy!

    Yes, February is my birthday month and I love the color purple and have a few amethysts. Lovely! Here's to a wonderful February.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete

First of all, you need to enable 3rd Party cookies. That will help fix your Whoops errors. So if you're on Firefox, turn off your Enhanced Tracking Protection. Near Comment, Click where it says Google Account and an arrow, you see the three ways to comment: Select profile... A) use your Google account, so that there is a profile picture next to your comment OR B) use your name line and then put in your User name, whatever name you want people to know you by, the second line for a website is optional OR C) be ANONYMOUS. When you have finished typing your comment, please copy it into your clipboard (your computer memory), in case there is a problem. Then you can paste it in again if necessary. Some comments disappear. Click the Publish button when you are done, you may see a box that says, I am not a robot ----Click there--then click -Publish. Do not check the Notify me button, unless you want contacted by email whenever anyone leaves a comment on this blog. Come back again soon, to see if there are any replies to your comment, and to join again in the discussion. If you do not see the comments, you need to click the title of the blog, to separate that blog from the main page or click Comments at the bottom of the blog, either way. It's okay if you double post, the extra ones will be removed soon if they are exactly the same as one before. Thank you!